Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: The City of Detroit Currently Has the Fewest Number of Police Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
In Detroit, yes. No amount of money could get me to patrol those shitty streets.
I watch videos of people exploring abandoned buildings and just showing what it's really like in Detroit, and I'm just like
Whole neighbourhoods abandoned & burned, office towers abandoned, police stations abandoned.... It's like the walking dead.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 07-13-2015, 02:14 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid75 View Post
Yep my parents fled to the south from Detroit well before I was born and my grandparents about 12 years later. Now their old neighborhood is a drug riddled shit hole. I heard from relatives a block over from my grandparents old house they were pulling kids in to abandoned homes and raping them as they were walking to school. Detroit is a total shit hole.

BUT as a whole cops do not get paid enough for what they do. I mean really think about it. Kim Kardashian makes millions of dollars for doing NOTHING. Bruce/Caitlyn was probably paid thousands if not millions to tell his story while people who teach, protect, clean, serve get paid shit. It is not fair. I am going to start singing songs from Les Miserables or something
Your family's story sounds eerily similar to mine. My parents also grew up in Detroit, and also left asap, right after high school (1950). I've been there to visit extended family members, but 98% of them have moved away as well. It deeply saddens me that Detroit has gone down the toilet like it has; it's lost.

Oh by the way, my family's old neighborhood is predominantly Muslim now.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10900 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25832

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
That's a poor comparison. Since you're comparing a Canadian veteran cop to an American rookie. Not saying your point is void, but you should compare a cadet, not someone who's had 4 promotions.

Bottom line is, Detroit is broke. The Democrats and unions have destroyed that city. There's no denying that. I wonder how many pensions Detroit is paying retired cops. It wouldn't surprise me if Detroit is writing more checks to retired cops than to serving cops.

Did you know rob666's province is also broke beyond repair and it's often called the Detroit of Canada because of high taxes, bad health care, lousy job market, crooked politicians and bloated bureaucracies everywhere you turn. Yet the police still make good coin there.