Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Circumcision Banned In Germany

Quote:
A ban on circumcision in Germany has shocked the nation's Jews and Muslims. The right of parents to make decisions for their children is now under the spotlight.

A court ruling in Germany effectively banning circumcision has united Jews and Muslims in anger - and they are backed by the country's main medical association.

Muslims have warned that the devout will take sons abroad to be circumcised.

Jews have pointed out that attacks on Jewish religious rituals have been an unfortunate part of European history since the Roman times, and say they are dismayed by the latest ban.

The ruling by the district court of Cologne says circumcision "for the purpose of religious upbringing constitutes a violation of physical integrity".

The judgement added: "The child's body is permanently and irreparably changed by the circumcision. This change conflicts with the child's interest of later being able to make his own decision on his religious affiliation."

The case stemmed from a circumcision on a four-year-old Muslim boy who had to be taken to hospital when complications developed. That, unusually, put the case into the legal system and the doctor was prosecuted.

As the charge put it, the doctor "physically mistreated another person and injured that person's health by means of a dangerous instrument".

In the end, he was cleared. The court decided that circumcision was illegal but that the doctor couldn't have been expected to have known this. It had been done for so long that it seemed legal when - according to the court - it wasn't.

Because the doctor was cleared, there will be no appeal to a higher court, which means the soundness of the rest of the judgement will not immediately be tested.

This puts the medical profession in a great dilemma. Dr Frank Montgomery, the president of the German Medical Association, told the BBC: "It leaves doctors in a legal quagmire. We are convinced that circumcision is best performed under medical conditions by physicians in a hospital.

"This is obviously no longer legally possible so therefore we have to advise our physicians not to perform these operations because they run the legal risk of being taken to court."

Already, the Jewish Hospital in Berlin, which has been performing ritual circumcisions for 250 years, has stopped. Its medical director, Professor Kristof Graf said: "We have had to stop planned surgeries in five cases already where they were scheduled for circumcision and the families were completely destroyed and upset about this."

Despite its name, the Jewish Hospital performs ritual circumcisions on Muslims as well as Jews, in fact more of the former than the latter, largely because there are many more Muslims in Germany than Jews.

The rules of ritual circumcision are different for each faith. For Jews, it has to be done on the eighth day after birth, but Muslims can wait longer.

So for Jews, the problem is more urgent. Circumcision is already performed by "mohels" - people designated as able to circumcise - but many prefer the safeguards which formal medical facilities provide.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18793842
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...Holocaust.html
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...86B0XA20120712

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Arsedestroyer, Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Flaka, Fulcanelli, JackiRive26, kellyhound, PlinyTheYounger, Pyramid_Head
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1732
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186
Re: Circumcision Banned In Germany

Not really sure how to respond to this.

I do agree that religious beliefs shouldn't be meddled with as long as they aren't truly harming masses of people who don't want it.

I also do acknowledge the risk of ritual body mutilation, and I completely believe it should be the individual's decision, not those around them. Not even a parent should have the right to change a child's physical body unless it's a life and death situation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AnneLea For This Useful Post:
coverdale0, diamondsmiles, JackiRive26, kellyhound, rob666, Vera Wang
Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Arsedestroyer
Offline:
USER REQUESTED BAN
Poster Rank:165
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5999

women have to undergo infibulation/clitoridectomy but i never see that in the news or talked about. for whatever religious beliefs women are mutilated. makes me sick.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arsedestroyer For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Azimuth, diamondsmiles, kellyhound, Rachee
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM
LadyPox
Offline:
Dothraki Chick
Poster Rank:203
** Colorado Girl **

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4407

Attached Images

Salladhor Saan - GAME OF THRONES

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyPox For This Useful Post:
Creepy, durt
Old 07-13-2012, 06:21 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

I never saw an uncircumcised penis in person. They look creepy in pictures.

Well, it won't affect me because I'll be dead by the time the babies are old enough to be men :) No plans of visiting Germany either.

I do believe people should make their own decisions about their bodies.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 PM
r0tten
Offline:
Cunt Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:327
Pussy Power!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2357
I'm 100% against circumcision but with that being said I don't think it should be banned. People are going to do this regardless so by taking this away people will resort to doing this at home. Which is unacceptable of course. I think people just need to be more educated about the subject. There's far too many misconceptions being touted as fact and that's detrimental to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
I'd give you two dollars if you could stop being such a fucking cunt for 12 hours
The Following User Says Thank You to r0tten For This Useful Post:
AnneLea
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
PlinyTheYounger
Offline:
★ Sexual Tyrannosaurus ★
Poster Rank:62
Pelvic Sorcerer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 6891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 10/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss15223

I am circumcised and proud of it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PlinyTheYounger For This Useful Post:
AK47pup, Brometheus, fenek, JackiRive26, juliemd, Mizz_Russia, Monoxide, Pyramid_Head
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
r0tten
Offline:
Cunt Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:327
Pussy Power!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlinyTheYounger View Post
I am circumcised and proud of it.
That's good! I'm not being a bitch btw, I just know quite a few men who HATE the fact that they have been snipped. I feel that what happens to ones body should be their choice.

Rock on witcha circumsized member good sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
I'd give you two dollars if you could stop being such a fucking cunt for 12 hours
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0tten For This Useful Post:
Faline, kellyhound, k_dub, PlinyTheYounger, Spahnranch
Old 07-14-2012, 12:04 AM
JackiRive26
Offline:
Jackdere
Poster Rank:431

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1573

Interesting, although I don't agree. I certainly hope they would allow circumcision under certain circumstances as in medical conditions, in that particular area that would require it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackiRive26 For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Mizz_Russia
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 AM
calisphere
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1508
Female

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss229

I have known a few guys who should have been circumsized because the foreskin was either too tight or pulled the head painfully because of its attachment. Other than these medically sound reasons, I don't really feel one way or another about a penis that is or isnt cut. I do like to play with a penis more when the guy isn't clipped but I'm just immature that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to calisphere For This Useful Post:
AnneLea