Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5486
CIA Acknowledges Area 51 Test Site For First Time

(Reuters) - National security scholars at George Washington University have some good news and bad news for UFO buffs - the U.S. government has finally confirmed the existence of Area 51 in Nevada, but it makes no mention of little green men or alien spaceships.

Quote:
The government acknowledged the existence of the mysterious aviation test site known as Area 51, a remote installation about 80 miles northwest of Las Vegas, in a newly declassified CIA history of its U-2 spy plane program.

After decades of extreme secrecy surrounding the site, stoking conspiracy theories about UFOs and experiments on alien spacecraft, the CIA lifted its veil on Area 51 in response to a public records request from George Washington University scholars in Washington, D.C.

Publicly released online on Thursday by the university's National Security Archive, the 400-page CIA history contains the first deliberate official references to Area 51, also known as Groom Lake, as a site developed by the intelligence agency in the 1950s to test fly the high-altitude U-2 reconnaissance plane.

Other top-secret aircraft were tested there later, including the supersonic reconnaissance A-12 aircraft, code-named OXCART, and the F-117 stealth ground-attack jet, said archive senior fellow Jeffrey Richelson, who asked for the CIA's U-2 history in 2005.

A newly revised document restoring numerous references to Area 51 that had been redacted in earlier versions was furnished by the CIA a few weeks ago, he said.

"It's the first time that there must have been a senior-level decision to acknowledge the term 'Area 51' and its specific location," he told Reuters on Friday.

Chapter 2 of the CIA history recounts how Richard Bissell, the CIA officer then overseeing development of the U-2 plane by Lockheed, first spotted the site on an aerial scouting mission over Nevada in April 1955, accompanied by an Air Force officer and two others.

The four men landed their plane near an old, abandoned air strip at the edge of a salt flat known as Groom Lake near the northeastern corner of the Nevada Test Site, the nuclear proving ground then controlled by the Atomic Energy Commission.

IDEAL TEST SITE

The group agreed that Groom Lake would "make an ideal site for testing the U-2 and training its pilots." Bissell subsequently asked the Atomic Energy Commission to add the area to its Nevada real estate holdings, the account says.

"AEC Chairman Admiral Lewis Strauss readily agreed, and President Eisenhower also approved the addition of this strip of wasteland, known by its map designation as Area 51, to the Nevada Test Site," the document says.

To make the barren new facility seem more appealing to its workers, managers of the U-2 program dubbed the facility "Paradise Ranch," which was later shortened to "the Ranch."

Photos of the site and a newly declassified map outlining and labeling the location were also included in the document.

Richelson said he could recall at least two previous government documents in which an incidental reference to Area 51 appeared, but he assumed those were inadvertent because they were devoid of any other details or context.

The multiple detailed references to Area 51 in the latest CIA account - the document's index lists at least 12 mentions - show that they were deliberate, he said.

The intelligence agency had little to say about the disclosure.

"What readers of the CIA study will find is that CIA tests its U-2 and A-12 reconnaissance aircraft at the site in Nevada sometimes referred to as 'Area 51,'" CIA spokesman Edward Price said. "What readers won't find are any references to aliens or other conspiracy theories best left to the realm of science fiction."

Among the more sensational pieces of UFO conspiracy lore linked to Area 51 is that the remains of a flying saucer that supposedly crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947, were brought to the site for reverse engineering experiments that attempted to replicate the extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Richelson said the CIA document makes no mention of any such theories. But he pointed to one passage that discusses the relationship between U-2s and unidentified flying objects "in the sense that people sighted U-2s in a time that they were very secretive and at very high altitude and didn't know what they were, and in that sense they were UFOs."
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB434/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23731759
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97G01120130817
(.PDF files)

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Area-51-map.jpg  

U2LandingStrip.jpg  

missileLaunchPadTyuratumMissileTestCenter.jpg  

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Clusterfucker, Iliketurtles, Kanda444, kellyhound, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head, Sharon, Tiffany32
Old 08-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Tiffany32
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:711
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss741
Re: CIA Acknowledges Area 51 Test Site For First Time

..personally I don't think UFO's (spaceships from another world) are real .. I mean with all these people with smart phones and high quality video cameras how come there's no video of one of those UFO's up close and personal, as far as Area 51 goes highly doubtful any extraterrestrial material held there !

Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Raevynn
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2475
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany32 View Post
..personally I don't think UFO's (spaceships from another world) are real .. I mean with all these people with smart phones and high quality video cameras how come there's no video of one of those UFO's up close and personal, as far as Area 51 goes highly doubtful any extraterrestrial material held there !
You have to, at some point, except part of the existence of ET life. We cannot be the only ones on earth, and if the universe is billions of years old, we sure as hell aren't the smartest ones.
As for alien technology residing in Area 51, it's possible. We went from nothing to computers in less and 100 years. I doubt someone just "thought of it" one night. Humans lived in the stone age for thousands of years, and within the last century, we have 3 year olds owning iPhones. The technology we have now is only what we know of; not what is possible.
I'm not saying aliens landed in A-51, but it certainly seems they're harboring a lot of somethings they never want the public to see. The White House is less secure than Area 51.
Everyone needs to look at all points of view when it comes to anything governmental.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raevynn For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, juliemd, Tiffany32
Old 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Tiffany32
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:711
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevynn View Post
You have to, at some point, except part of the existence of ET life. We cannot be the only ones on earth, and if the universe is billions of years old, we sure as hell aren't the smartest ones.
As for alien technology residing in Area 51, it's possible. We went from nothing to computers in less and 100 years. I doubt someone just "thought of it" one night. Humans lived in the stone age for thousands of years, and within the last century, we have 3 year olds owning iPhones. The technology we have now is only what we know of; not what is possible.
I'm not saying aliens landed in A-51, but it certainly seems they're harboring a lot of somethings they never want the public to see. The White House is less secure than Area 51.
Everyone needs to look at all points of view when it comes to anything governmental.
Good Point and your point is well taken, I could be wrong about flying saucers and aliens , and your right in another Galaxy somewhere far far away there could be some form of life.. while we haven't found it yet, as much of a perfect scenario as earth is , to have life, I find it awfully hard to believe there is not one single other instance in the universe of thriving life on a planet. While we very well may never see it or prove it for ourselves in our lifetime I'm sure somewhere out there there's some form (of life) , but I don't think they fly saucers or spaceships and visit us here on earth and have big heads and over size eyes, just my opinion .

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
alien(1).jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiffany32 For This Useful Post:
Raevynn
Old 08-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Because the Goverment would just admit to having UFO's and Aliens. To me, this doesn't change shit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Iliketurtles, rob666
Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

When you think about how well know Area 51 is, and that they wouldn't even acknowledge it for 50 years it says a lot about how far they'll go to keep their secrets.

Just imagine about the things that are not as well publicized.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Johnny Wadd, Pyramid_Head