Go Back  

Chronically-ill Dad Kills Himself with Electric Saw.. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 08-06-2015, 03:03 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Poster Rank:44
Male

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 6826 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19040
Re: Chronically-ill Dad Kills Himself with Electric Saw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaargh View Post
How are you so sure he didn't really need it? Can he touch his toes, pass a physical etc etc? Probably could, probably had a disease that is constant torment yet not textbook debilitating, probably had to jump through hoops to get benefits the first time due to this. And who is there when he gets the stamp of approval to work, a CEO or three waiting with open arms? No, the answer is nobody, they cut off a sick man and start him off with no work.
Being obtuse and callous sure does make for a robust character, but does that make it really worth being as one dimensional as you seem to be?
There are jobs for those who want them. If he truly cannot work they'd leave him on disability, but I think he knew he was capable of work and was just too lazy to get off his ass when he'd had a free ride for so long.

I know so many people who live off hand outs and they do it because they can. Most people in the world live in countries where no such hand outs exist. If it was up to me only those who really need it would get it (and the testing would be strict) all others can go and find a job.

Also, the amount of money they get is ridiculous. People on pensions should not receive enough to rent their own property! Build warehouses with bunk beds, shared bathrooms, a massive kitchen area and place hundreds of them in each. This would give them enough to survive while cutting the cost right down (so the tax dollars can be used for things that help the country) and also giving them more incentive to find a job as they could then move into their own place.

I know someone who is now on a government pension because he claims he suffers from Depression and Aspergers and that having a job stresses him out too much and causes him to have panic attacks. He now spends his life watching TV, playing video games, and going fishing at the lake near where he lives. There is nothing fucking wrong with him, but at the same time I don't blame him for taking advantage of a stupid system.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9779 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCorpse View Post
There are jobs for those who want them. If he truly cannot work they'd leave him on disability, but I think he knew he was capable of work and was just too lazy to get off his ass when he'd had a free ride for so long.

I know so many people who live off hand outs and they do it because they can. Most people in the world live in countries where no such hand outs exist. If it was up to me only those who really need it would get it (and the testing would be strict) all others can go and find a job.

Also, the amount of money they get is ridiculous. People on pensions should not receive enough to rent their own property! Build warehouses with bunk beds, shared bathrooms, a massive kitchen area and place hundreds of them in each. This would give them enough to survive while cutting the cost right down (so the tax dollars can be used for things that help the country) and also giving them more incentive to find a job as they could then move into their own place.

I know someone who is now on a government pension because he claims he suffers from Depression and Aspergers and that having a job stresses him out too much and causes him to have panic attacks. He now spends his life watching TV, playing video games, and going fishing at the lake near where he lives. There is nothing fucking wrong with him, but at the same time I don't blame him for taking advantage of a stupid system.
Do you actually have ANYTHING at all positive to say about anything at all? all you ever do is attack. It's fucking boring especially when you have no idea what it is you're talking about.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:02 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Male

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Do you actually have ANYTHING at all positive to say about anything at all? all you ever do is attack. It's fucking boring especially when you have no idea what it is you're talking about.
You clearly disagree with my position. I thought I explained myself rather well and I am willing to listen to your well thought out opposing view. Please provide it below.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:06 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Male

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19040

On second thought, Top Gear probably won't be able to manage that, so anybody else who disagrees with my position is welcome to explain their position in detail and we can have a discussion/debate. I feel strongly about this subject but always happy to take on board the opinion of someone else if it is well reasoned.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL

Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
On second thought, Top Gear probably won't be able to manage that, so anybody else who disagrees with my position is welcome to explain their position in detail and we can have a discussion/debate. I feel strongly about this subject but always happy to take on board the opinion of someone else if it is well reasoned.
I could have explained quite eloquently but seeing as you're going to be a pissy little baby about it I won't bother. I doubt you would get it anyway seeing as you only ever see your point of view.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:32 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Male

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19040

Quote:
I could have explained quite eloquently but seeing as you're going to be a pissy little baby about it I won't bother. I doubt you would get it anyway seeing as you only ever see your point of view.
Your explanation was very brief, would you care to go into a little more detail so I understand how you have come to your opinion?

My aim is to correct you where your thinking is off.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL

Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Your explanation was very brief, would you care to go into a little more detail so I understand how you have come to your opinion?

My aim is to correct you where your thinking is off.
No...

Old 08-07-2015, 06:32 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Male

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19040

Quote:
No...
Case closed, apology accepted. Thanks for chatting anyway.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL

Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Case closed, apology accepted. Thanks for chatting anyway.
WC.....SMIRKKKKKKKK....

Old 08-07-2015, 01:43 PM
vipersna
Offline:
Sexican
Poster Rank:150
Resident Nympho

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6399

Boys, boys you can have eachother if you want, i wont judge.
Ill just watch