**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355
Chimps Maul American Research Student

Not sure if anyone posted dis. Tried searching for it.
Check out the injuries:
Quote:
"He lost an ear, he lost a number of fingers and toes, he's got very deep wounds, he's got total removal of skin and muscle off his one leg and his one arm, fractures all over the place."
Quote:
Chimps maul American research student

An American research student is in a critical condition in a South African hospital after he was dragged by chimpanzees into an enclosure at a primate sanctuary and attacked.

The mauled body of the student, identified in local media as Andrew Oberle, was retrieved from the enclosure by paramedics under armed guard at the Jane Goodall Institute Chimp Eden near the eastern town of Nelspruit.

"When we found him, he was in a foetal position underneath a lapa (a roofed, open-walled structure) with massive injuries, lacerations, abrasions, partial amputation from his head to toe," said Lloyd Krause, spokesman for the ER24 emergency service.

"He lost an ear, he lost a number of fingers and toes, he's got very deep wounds, he's got total removal of skin and muscle off his one leg and his one arm, fractures all over the place."

The man was with a group of tourists when the attack took place on Thursday (local time).

The Beeld newspaper said he had been at the sanctuary for two weeks and was giving a lecture to the group.

"According to eyewitnesses, two chimpanzees grabbed the man by his feet and pulled him under the perimeter fence and into the enclosure," said Jeffrey Wicks, spokesman for emergency service Netcare 911.

"The man was dragged nearly a kilometre into the large enclosure while being attacked by the two animals."

He is now in intensive care after undergoing surgery at the Mediclinic Nelspruit hospital.

"He has multiple injuries and is in a critical condition. He is under close observation in the intensive care unit and the next 24 hours are crucial," hospital spokeswoman Liza Pillay told AFP.

The sanctuary, which has temporarily closed after the attack, did not name the man but said he was a graduate student at the University of Texas at San Antonio studying for his masters degree in anthropology and primatology.

"This is a terrible tragedy that should never happen," David Oosthuizen, executive director of the Jane Goodall Institute-South Africa, said in a statement.

"All our thoughts and prayers are with this young man and his family."

Mr Oosthuizen said chimpanzees were wild animals that were defensive of their territory, and that those at the sanctuary had to be treated with caution as they had been subjected to injuries and abuse from humans.

"The safety of our visitors and staff is paramount," he said.

"We have never had an incident like this, and we have closed the sanctuary to investigate how we can try to ensure it will not happen again."

Chimp Eden is a sanctuary for rescued chimpanzees, an animal that does not naturally occur in South Africa, and is a joint venture between the Jane Goodall Institute-South Africa and a private park.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Goodbar For This Useful Post:
Angelahh, Arsedestroyer, Audioguru, Cumulonimbus, Darkest Angel, gatagato, Sharon
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Angelahh
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:84
meow
Contributions: 41

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12278
Re: Chimps Maul American Research Student

Quote:
Oberle underwent six hours of surgery today. Doctors cleaned and stitched all of his wounds. Oberle is in stable condition and induced sedation, doctors said.

The vicious attack left Oberle with injures over his entire body. His right upper arm is broken, while his lower right arm muscle and ligaments are torn and exposed to the bone. Oberle's left arm was mauled and he lost fingers on both hands.

One testicle was ripped off and he suffered deep lacerations to both legs and lost several toes.
source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/...6#.T_F3LY5_218

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angelahh For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, Darkest Angel, gatagato, Sharon
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:356
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

Fuck working with chimps. At least with my snakes I know they'll try and kill me for sure.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

Those chimps now have a taste for humans, in the wild chimpanzee's hunt and eat monkeys... if left alive... they will attack again.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss51381

Hope he wasn't giving a lecture on recent chimp attack statistics Poor guy.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206

Quote:
those at the sanctuary had to be treated with caution as they had been subjected to injuries and abuse from humans.
so they took revenge.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

sad this should happen at the sanctuary. would have been cool if it had happened to one of the people working at the place they were abused at and rescued from.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
rheedork
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:682
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss785

They ripped off his testicle!? I hope he recovers well

Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

They are wild animals, Let them be. If you insist on studying these animals up close, don't be surprised when this happens