Go Back  

Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
  #1  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

Quote:
The woman, who has not been named, lit the barbecue in the family kitchen before leaving the house in east London.
Her three-year-old granddaughter collapsed when she was overcome by the deadly gas later that afternoon and was treated in hospital with five of her relatives.
They included two boys aged two and 10 months, a four-year-old girl and the woman's two daughters-in-law, aged 26 and 29.
Firefighters were called to the house in East Ham, east London, on Wednesday afternoon, soon after the grandmother set up her makeshift launderette.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the elderly woman carried the barbecue in from her garden at around 3pm and placed it near the back door to speed up the drying of clothes which she hung out around the kitchen.

She then walked out, leaving her daughters-in-law in the house with her grandchildren, two of whom were asleep upstairs.
One adult began to feel unwell before the little girl collapsed.
All six have now been discharged from hospital.
Fire chiefs branded the grandmother's behaviour dangerous and campaigners warned of the hazards of bringing barbecues indoors.
Dave Brown, of London Fire Brigade, said: "In my 28-year career I have never heard of anybody using a barbecue to dry clothes let alone using one indoors.
"Never, ever bring a lit or smouldering barbecue indoors. Not only is it a serious fire risk but it also emits carbon monoxide (CO) which is a poisonous gas that can kill or seriously injure."
Christine McGourty, of the Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! campaign, said: "Using a barbecue indoors is always dangerous, but carbon monoxide poisoning is usually caused by faulty or poorly maintained fuel appliances, such as boilers, ovens and fires. We'd urge everyone to get an alarm and make sure their family is safe."
Earlier last year, six-year-old Isabelle Harris, from Gosport, Hampshire, died after her parents brought a disposable barbecue into their tent to keep warm during a break in the New Forest in April.
The schoolgirl was one of a number of campers killed by the gas last year.
Hannah Thomas-Jones, 14, from Handforth, in Cheshire, died after suffering a cardiac arrest, thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue, at a Shropshire campsite in May.
Nicholas Holmes, 22, died of CO poisoning after cooking burgers in his camper van in the New Forest, Hampshire.
The Department of Health believes 50 people are killed by the gas each year, while at least 4,000 are treated in hospital.
But this figure is likely to be much higher because of difficulties surrounding the diagnosis of CO poisoning.
Symptoms are often similar to common illnesses like flu and food poisoning.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
bbq_2443646b.jpg  

Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Kanda444, kellyhound, Sharon
  #2  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

i would have thought they'd of known better than that....

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip
  #3  
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Contributions: 413
 
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss61215
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

how stupid someone can be.

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Kanda444
  #4  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
AmericanIllusions's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

Didn't know they had rednecks in London

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel
  #5  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
cowboysmom
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6197
Female
Join Date: Jul 2011
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

My friend Angela says every culture has their rednecks (and ngrs)

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Brometheus's Avatar
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Join Date: Feb 2011
Contributions: 18
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysmom View Post
My friend Angela says every culture has their rednecks (and ngrs)
next time you see your friend "angela" in the mirror, tell her she may have a point.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
lkduke3
  #7  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Megamel29's Avatar
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Join Date: Dec 2009
Contributions: 6
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

It's bad enough the old lady was dumb enough to do this, but how did the two adults she left in the house not realize this was dangerous?

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Kanda444
  #8  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM
diamondsmiles's Avatar
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 118
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i would have thought they'd of known better than that....

There is no such thing as, "common sense." A psychologist and myself wondered why it is called that.

Not too many surprises at the stupidity of people you would think should have known better!

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #9  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381
Re: Children Poisoned by Fumes After Barbecue Used to Dry Clothes

East Ham - it's like Delhi there

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
eastham.jpg  

East-Ham.jpg  

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, lkduke3

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO