Quoted: 4585 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11734
Re: Charleston Church Shooting: 9 Killed in What Officials Call a Hate Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
It gets into the definitions of mental disease.

What about the people that kill abortion doctors?
What about soldiers that kill in wars?
The people that execute condemned criminals?
The people that develop military technology?

How does a person decide it's justified to kill?

That's the problem with a lot of the rhetoric on the internet. It can take stupid or impressionable people and give them dangerous ideas.
There USED to be a defining measure of mental capabilities, and how it could be classified to justify cause. (not justify any level of innocent by any means)

Impulsive, calculated, passionate etc. However all leads to many levels of mental disparities. Defining them in the past few decades has become hidden within social reforms to adjust laws as well.

A lot of mental illness cases go un-noticed because we have been trying to abolish the whole "insanity" excuse, along with "crimes of passion" etc. you see what I am saying?

rob666
Old 06-19-2015, 07:20 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I never believed sandyhook to be a hoax. I can see how mentally these two can relate. they both first became obsessed on something, eventually living out their obsessions.
I know you didn't, but if you go in the conspiracy action there there's a whole slew of people that get irate of you try to question it at all

I dunno, it just seems like there are a lot of people out there, alex jones is only one, promoting ideas they know are bullshit to make a buck.
They're creating a lot of dangerous people in the process IMHO.

Just like you mention, the obsession, then they feel threatened, then they act on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
TheVrist, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By rob666:
Johnny Wadd
Old 06-19-2015, 07:23 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11734

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I know you didn't, but if you go in the conspiracy action there there's a whole slew of people that get irate of you try to question it at all

I dunno, it just seems like there are a lot of people out there, alex jones is only one, promoting ideas they know are bullshit to make a buck.
They're creating a lot of dangerous people in the process IMHO.

Just like you mention, the obsession, then they feel threatened, then they act on it.
Yea, unfortunately, like i've been trying to point out. People on ALL sides are to busy trying to push an agenda, expose a conspiracy, or create a disgruntle all while totally ignore the real problems.

rob666
Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortdb View Post
thanks for this post man. I live a couple hours from this and I fucking hate the fact that this didnt get ANY national attention. For fucks sake they kept this woman in a trash can and made her perform oral sex on them and tried to kill her with drain cleaner.
It is fucked up when you pay attention to what makes national news and what doesn't.

And these days it seems when the mainstream media hear about a horrible crime. The determining factor on whether it's important or not is the races involved, and which person of what race did what.
Black person walks up and shoots a Asian person no story.
White person shoots a black person, send the news van to his house for prime time interviews.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
cortdb
Old 06-19-2015, 09:25 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
It is fucked up when you pay attention to what makes national news and what doesn't.

And these days it seems when the mainstream media hear about a horrible crime. The determining factor on whether it's important or not is the races involved, and which person of what race did what.
White person shoots a black person, send the news van to his house for prime time interviews.
And how many times have you been on here parroting what you've heard about minorities taking over? About non Christians taking over? I've read more of that garbage out of you than just about anyone else still here.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post

Try and tell people the same thing about Pit Bull attack being reported on, but not other breeds mixes, and you'll be told it's bullshit and that the breed is unstable.

Media loves to twist things around and paint a very specific and skewed picture. People only notice, when they belong to the skewed group/topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Johnny Wadd
Old 06-19-2015, 10:21 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
Try and tell people the same thing about Pit Bull attack being reported on, but not other breeds mixes, and you'll be told it's bullshit and that the breed is unstable.

Media loves to twist things around and paint a very specific and skewed picture. People only notice, when they belong to the skewed group/topic.

Well, when 75% of attacks are attributed to 2 breeds of dog..........

The Following Users Disliked This Post By rob666:
Johnny Wadd
Old 06-20-2015, 03:43 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
I'd fry him either way. Point isn't rather he should be excused for his actions at all. Point is, the media focus applying yet another stigma to an already diminishing social standing.

racist or not, mentally healthy people don't sit around doing drugs and plotting mass murders.
I didn't read any of the essays in this thread, my comment wasn't a comment about/to any of them. Just my opinion.

This is another opinion--(But I don't think anyone who has ever successfully used the insanity defense was doing so to excuse their actions. It was the REASON, not the EXCUSE.) You know what I mean?

Old 06-20-2015, 03:51 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11734

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
I didn't read any of the essays in this thread, my comment wasn't a comment about/to any of them. Just my opinion.

This is another opinion--(But I don't think anyone who has ever successfully used the insanity defense was doing so to excuse their actions. It was the REASON, not the EXCUSE.) You know what I mean?
Insanity pleas were not to excuse, or to find grounds of cause. the pleas were in place to determine a fair trial.

If he was deemed insane at the time of the incident, then he couldn't with a clear mind take part in a defense.

In history, quite a number of cases were lost to the state by plea of temporary insanity, and or full onset insanity.

Azimuth
Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Insanity pleas were not to excuse, or to find grounds of cause. the pleas were in place to determine a fair trial.

If he was deemed insane at the time of the incident, then he couldn't with a clear mind take part in a defense.

In history, quite a number of cases were lost to the state by plea of temporary insanity, and or full onset insanity.
I am so dumb sometimes, I embarrass myself. This has been one of those times, well, the last couple of days has been. I think I may have had a stroke.

TheVrist