Go Back  

Chances of a Terrorist Attack Today - US Soil 

Current Rating:

View Poll Results: Probability of a Terrorist Attack on US Soil - 10th Anniversary
100% 1 5.56%
75-99% 2 11.11%
50-74% 0 0%
25-49% 3 16.67%
1-24% 7 38.89%
0% 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Join NowJoin Now
Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 AM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4793 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss12964
Chances of a Terrorist Attack Today - US Soil

What is the probability of a terrorist attack today, in your opinion?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:12 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1752 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss61137
Re: Chances of a Terrorist Attack Today - US Soil

There's always a chance, every day, just like earthquakes.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:17 PM
mwt77932
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:531
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1145

I doubt it. There will be too much security everywhere today. They like to wait until we have our guard down.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 AM
d23623d
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1516
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss225

Posting kind of late, but even earlier it would make little sense for them to attack today. There is a shit load of security not to mention it's a Sunday and the anniversary of a major tragedy so nobody would be out today.

I truly don't think we'll see another significant terrorist attack by Muslim extremists in the US ever again. We've seen quite a few half-assed attempts in the last 10 years. Almost all of these attacks were planned by a small group or individuals. On top of that, most of the plots were nothing more than Jihadist fantasies. These people make these stupid plots to set off radioactive bombs and whatnot, but have no access to radioactive materials, not to mention the knowledge necessary to create large bombs.

Though I've had some Muslim classmate express anti-American sentiments and especially anti-Jewish sentiments, I still think that there are very few people in the US who would be willing to go through with a terrorist attack. Realistically, one radicalized mosque with 50 willing followers could kill 1000 people. They could do it very low tech as well. Since all Muslims have to donate a percent of their income, all mosques have the funding to buy weapons. If there were as many hardcore Muslims as many of us feel there are, I think we'd be seeing coordinated shooting sprees and building takeovers every couple of months.

The next factor is the government. After the passage of the Partiot Act the government has few borders to the rules. I'd be willing to bet that every Mosque in the country is under surveillance. After 9/11, thousands, literally thousands of Muslims were arrested for suspicion of terrorist activity. They were arrested simply because they were Muslim and were taken to secret prisons (there is a documentary called "Unconstitutional" about this.) Most of them were released, but I think that action really illustrates the lengths that the government is willing to go (and I'm totally fine with it.)

This relates back to the second point. Any Muslim with half a brain would realize that a terrorist attack would only serve to slow down their progress of total world domination. If Muslims want to take over the world they have to do kind things and get the media to portray them as victims. This is how Martin Luther King had such a huge impact. He intentionally got his people beaten while inviting the media so the public would sympathize with blacks. If he were to get his people to go out and kill white people, blacks might not even be here.