Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: Cecil the Lion's Brother Jericho Shot Dead by Poachers in Zimbabwean Park

My god, no wonder CNN's ratings are abyssmal.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Top Gear, vanillabuzz
Old 08-02-2015, 02:18 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Ah, double post.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
My god, no wonder CNN's ratings are abyssmal.
I'm still laughing each time I look at this...

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
635900d1438482660-cecil-lions-brother-jericho-shot-dead-poachers-zimbabwean-park-screenshot_2015.png  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, kellyhound, vanillabuzz, winvens
Old 08-02-2015, 02:21 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Cecil's bro is a space alien posing as a lion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
Cancun78, vanillabuzz
Old 08-02-2015, 11:45 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

Quote:
Zimbabwe will seek the extradition of an American dentist who killed a lion that was lured out of a national park and caused international outrage, a Cabinet minister said Friday.

In the Zimbabwean government's first official comment on the killing of Cecil the lion, the environment, water and climate minister lashed out at Walter James Palmer, accusing him even of trying to hurt Zimbabwe's image.

"Unfortunately it was too late to apprehend the foreign poacher as he had already absconded to his country of origin," Oppah Muchinguri told a news conference. "We are appealing to the responsible authorities for his extradition to Zimbabwe so that he be made accountable."

On Tuesday, Palmer issued a statement saying he relied on his guides to ensure the hunt was legal. Two Zimbabweans — a professional hunter and a farm owner — have been arrested in the killing of the lion, an act which has garnered worldwide condemnation. Palmer has kept a low profile, but on Friday U.S. federal wildlife authorities said they have been contacted by a representative of the Minnesota dentist.

The killing of Cecil gained global attention as the U.N. General Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution Thursday aimed at combatting illegal wildlife trafficking and poaching, the culmination of a two-year campaign led by Gabon and Germany.

"We very much welcome the decision by the General Assembly which will help in the protection of wildlife, of fauna and flora," Stephane Dujarric, the spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said.

Palmer is believed to have shot the lion with a bow on July 1 outside Hwange National Park, after it was lured onto private land with a carcass of an animal laid out on a car, Zimbabwean conservationists have said. Some 40 hours later, the wounded cat was tracked down and Palmer allegedly killed it with a gun, they said.

"There has been an outcry," Muchinguri said. "Almost 500,000 people are calling for his extradition and we need this support. We want him tried in Zimbabwe because he violated our laws."

She did not explain the 500,000 but there are online petitions demanding Palmer's extradition.

"I have already consulted with the authorities within the police force who are responsible for arresting the criminal. We have certain processes we have to follow," Muchinguri said at the offices of the national parks and wildlife authority. "Police should take the first step to approach the prosecutor general who will approach the Americans. The processes have already started."

She said both Palmer and professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst violated the Parks and Wildlife Act, which controls the use of bow and arrow hunting. She said Palmer, who reportedly paid $50,000 to hunt the lion, also violated the act through financing an illegal hunt. The landowner violated the act because he "allowed a hunt to be conducted without a quota and necessary permit," Muchinguri said.

There is an extradition treaty between Zimbabwe and the United States.

The U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe said Friday that it does not comment on extradition matters and the Zimbabwe Embassy in Washington said it had yet to receive instructions.

"We are trying other avenues," said Richard Chibuwe, the deputy chief of mission at the embassy in Washington. "Seeking extradition would be the last resort."

Muchinguri accused Palmer of "a well-orchestrated agenda which would tarnish the image of Zimbabwe and further strain the relationship between Zimbabwe and the USA."

Zimbabwe and the United States have often sparred over the years. The southern African country has blamed its economic woes on U.S. sanctions against President Robert Mugabe and close associates, though many commentators have attributed Zimbabwe's economic decline to mismanagement. Washington imposed the penalties on Zimbabwe because of human rights concerns. More broadly, Mugabe has long railed against what he calls Western meddling in Africa, saying it is an extension of the colonial rule of the past.

Authorities seeking Palmer's extradition have described him as an accomplice to the illegal hunt. But they have not specified what charges might be laid against him, meaning it is unclear what penalty he could face if he is tried and convicted.

Bronkhorst was released on $1,000 bail after appearing in court in Hwange, about 435 miles (700 kilometers) west of the capital Harare, according to his defense lawyer, Givemore Muvhiringi.

If convicted, Bronkhorst faces up to 15 years in prison.

Palmer, 55, is a dentist in the Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington. In a note to his patients, he wrote: "I understand and respect that not everyone shares the same views on hunting." He said he would resume his dental practice "as soon as possible."

The lion's head, which was severed by the hunters, has been confiscated by the wildlife authorities, according to Director of National Parks and Wildlife Edson Chidziya.

He added that there had been no reports so far of Cecil's many cubs being killed by rival male lions, as often happens when the alpha male in a pride dies.

"We believe the cubs are still out there in the bush," he said, adding that no rescue missions were planned.
Quote:
This is the blonde assistant who snared a $127,500 payout from lion-killing dentist Walter Palmer for alleged sexual harassment, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
Tammy Brevik, 43, accused the married clinician of subjecting her to unwanted 'verbal comments and physical conduct' involving her 'breasts, buttocks, and genitalia' in a 2005 complaint.
And a decade later she has little sympathy for her now globally-reviled former boss - exclusively telling Daily Mail Online: 'It's amazing how big this has become - karma is a bitch!'
Dr Palmer, a father-of-two from Eden Prairie, Minnesota, achieved worldwide notoriety after slaying, skinning and beheading Africa's most beloved lion, Cecil.
The big game hunter claims he trusted that his local guides had the required permits when they tracked and shot the protected animal on July 1 during a $55,000 safari excursion.

But Zimbabwean authorities have already hauled the two men into court on poaching charges - and say they want to speak to Palmer next.
The balding dentist, 55 - who once bragged her he could skewer a playing card from 100 yards with his compound bow - has been in hiding since being unmasked as Cecil's killer.
He has not been seen at his five-bedroom, $1 million home or his dental surgery in the Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington has remained closed amid an outpouring of anger from animal rights activists, conservationists and lion-loving celebrities.
Tammy Brevik was known as Tammy George when she worked as a dental assistant at River Bluff Dental practice from 1999 until she was fired in January 2005.
She filed a discrimination suit three months later with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights claiming she was shown the exit after going to a lawyer about her employer's predatory behavior.
Brevik's complaint alleges that she was subjected to 'ongoing and unwelcome sexual harassment by Dr Palmer, but not limited to, verbal comments and physical conduct'.
'I believe my sex was a factor in Respondent's actions in that many of Dr Palmer's comments concerned my breasts, buttocks and genitalia,' she wrote.
'I also believe that my termination was in retaliation for reporting the conduct because I was terminated the day my lawyer contacted Dr Palmer regarding the harassment.'
Dr Palmer denied any wrongdoing but agreed to pay his former assistant $127,500 split over two payments.
He was also ordered to complete a jurisprudence exam and an ethics course, as well as writing Brevik a letter of recommendation.
Brevik signed a confidentially clause and an agreement not to disparage her former boss when she secured the settlement in December 2006.
But she confirmed her identify when Daily Mail Online arrived at the suburban home she shares with her husband Justin and their three dogs in New Prague, Minnesota, an hour southwest of Minneapolis.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
dentist.jpeg  

assistant.jpg  

dentist1.jpeg  

cecil.jpg  

waltercunt.jpg  

Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

OMG, he is that Dentist!!!
I remember that incident...so he is evil to animals and humans.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:58 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Find them and feed em to the lions, feet first

Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 PM
hal0mega
Offline:
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Oh wait.... i just caught on.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2030

In happy news, Jericho really is alive.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 08-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
In happy news, Jericho really is alive.
And in crappy news, major American news outlets are still too stupid and incompetent to confirm their stories before shooting their retarded fucking mouths off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, Kelseecat65, winvens