Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i dont think he was choosing to act erratically... toxicology reports show he had body building 'supplements' that were chemically similar to 'bath salts'. so it looks to me like mental illness exasperated by drug abuse or drug misuse. he certainly choose to take the drug and is ultimately responsible for his own actions (which should have resulted in an 'assaulting an officer' charge) but i dont think the man getting arrested was in a clear state of mind and wasnt trying to be malicious intentionally.

imagine if the same case, with all the same details, were to happen with the exception of two things: the suspect wasnt a body builder but instead a business professional and the suspect was on Ambien instead of 'bath salts'.... would you (and i mean this with respect) still feel like the suspect got his ' just deserts'?

i'm of the opinion that you are 100% correct in saying that being arrested can happen to all of us... but i also feel that we are all susceptible to having bad, unexpected reactions to chemicals we knowingly choose to use. when that happens and the person is acting in such a violent manner that they are a danger to LEOs, then there are times when lethal force is reasonable.... but lethal force should be a very last resort and i feel it wasnt the only resort in this case. i also feel that whenever you point a loaded weapon at a human, you are showing intent to take a life. that is a serious position to be in and when shit like this happens, it really is the person with the gun's fault.

it seems to me, when he admitted that he chose to use his firearm because he was aware that non-lethal alternatives had failed in the past with this suspect, he chose to (at the very least) threaten to use lethal force. he showed a willingness (though not necessarily intent ) to kill. what gets me is his reaction as the gun fires... his left hand (seemingly instinctively) moves to his head in an 'oh fuck...what just happened... oh shit' manner, like he really wasnt meaning to pull that trigger....
Perhaps I should say that I'm not particulary thrilled that the bad guy was killed...I would have been far more pleased if he had just gotten a good old fashioned really really painful infected gunshot wound. I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything that deserved the death penalty...that we know of at least. As far as the businessman/Abien thing...I would feel the same way. I'm like the worst person to talk about drug/alcohol use with because I'm a tea tottler. I've never tried illegal drugs (including marijuana) and I've never used any alcohol. Now I do masterbate like constantly, but that's all. So, my advice would be to not ingest either drugs or alcohol if you want to limit your arrest liability. Like I said, I'm like the worst (and unrealistic) person to discuss drug and alcohol use, because I've never used them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Anita929, Kanda444
Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20142 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
This cretin ended up like a typical Trayvon Martin type Thug.

This is how they end up.

One way or another.

It is only they who are to blame.
yes...what was he thinking having a bad reaction to a legally sold 'supplement' that was poorly regulated by the government... what was he thinking handcuffing himself, disarming himself, then drawing a loaded weapon on himself?

it's convenient for you that stupidity isnt illegal..

Anita929, audiomouth, ewnasssty
Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Perhaps I should say that I'm not particulary thrilled that the bad guy was killed...I would have been far more pleased if he had just gotten a good old fashioned really really painful infected gunshot wound. I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything that deserved the death penalty...that we know of at least. As far as the businessman/Abien thing...I would feel the same way. I'm like the worst person to talk about drug/alcohol use with because I'm a tea tottler. I've never tried illegal drugs (including marijuana) and I've never used any alcohol. Now I do masterbate like constantly, but that's all. So, my advice would be to not ingest either drugs or alcohol if you want to limit your arrest liability. Like I said, I'm like the worst (and unrealistic) person to discuss drug and alcohol use, because I've never used them.
caffiene is the most commonly used psychoactive drug in the world, so technically you are one of 'us' but i understand what you mean and that's a fair position to hold. it's hard to explain to people what it's like to do shit you wouldnt normally do because of a drug experience... it doesnt relieve one of their responsibilities of course (you dont drive like you normally would when you're drunk but you are still responsible for your actions) but in a case like this, it ends up being tragic for all involved. his drug reaction (while not his direct fault) cause his erratic behavior (most likely) and his behavior resulted in the decision to draw a gun instead of a taser.... so, to that degree it is the suspects actions that vicariously led to his death but it was the direct actions of the officer (drawing a loaded gun and inserting a lethal weapon into a situation that seemingly could have been handled without a lethal weapon) that resulted in the death.

poor judgment on all sides... but nobody deserved it, imho

30564U, Anita929, ewnasssty
Old 06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Yea go figure. I think the officer in San Francisco from BART got manslaughter because they tried him here in Los Angeles due to the 99%'s in the Bay Area rioting. I totally agree with you...you just can't help the guy. He and his mouthpiece screwed up royally. Like I said, why did he draw his pistol...what was he expecting to accomplish? Other than intentionally shooting the guy. Thank you for researching this...his defense (or in this case, lack of a defense) is actually more interesting than the incident. I don't care what the officer says, the video shows he screwed up with muscle memory.

Maybe this guy's ego is out of control, but personally, I would have prefered to have made a simple and human mistake rather than intentionally and unlawfully killing a handcuffed bad guy. Why was it so hard to admit a mistake? Instead he admits to killing a handcuffed bad guy with a pistol.
i dont know... i would have admitted it was a mistake but then again (maybe you could answer this for me), perhaps he was thinking that admitting fault would result in a punishment but saying that he was in control of his gun until the other person bumped into it releases him of direct fault and changes it into an 'accident'? i would have figured opposite, honestly... but what do i know?

30564U, Anita929
Old 06-19-2014, 10:43 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i dont know... i would have admitted it was a mistake but then again (maybe you could answer this for me), perhaps he was thinking that admitting fault would result in a punishment but saying that he was in control of his gun until the other person bumped into it releases him of direct fault and changes it into an 'accident'? i would have figured opposite, honestly... but what do i know?

I don't know...the whole thing is cockeyed. You might be correct, but his excuse is pretty lame. Legally...I'm confused on this...maybe his lawyer was trying to be so incompetent that any harsh verdict would be thrown out due to idiotic legal defense. There must be some lawyer trick I just don't see for the excuse they came up with...it just seems counterproductive.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:14 AM
Hanze
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:890
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss521
Handcuffed Prisoner Fatally Shot by Cop in El Paso

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -- The city of El Paso released a video Tuesday that shows an inmate being shot to death while in custody, following an open records request by the El Paso Times.

Daniel Saenz, 37 when the incident happened, was shot by Officer Jose Flores on March 8, 2013.

Saenz was taken to a local hospital after strange behavior at a supermarket. Once in the hospital, he allegedly attacked an off-duty officer, which led to his arrest, the El Paso Times reported.

The shooting took place after Flores and another unidentified officer were struggling to take Saenz, who was handcuffed, from the El Paso County Jail to a hospital for treatment after repeatedly banging his head against a doorway inside the jail. The struggle continued until Flores pulled out his gun and fired a single shot.

Saenz was taken to a hospital where he later died.

According to the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, officers had used their tasers on Saenz with little or no effect, which was the reason Flores instead opted for his firearm. A grand jury declined to indict Flores in the shootings because of "the totality of the circumstances, which include the long sequence of events that came before the shooting itself."

According to television station KVIA, Saenz was a bodybuilder, and had a criminal history and previously had been arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, family violence and assault of the elderly.

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 ElPaso.mp4(682.6 KB, 194 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanze For This Useful Post:
30564U, blancadon
Old 06-20-2014, 07:28 AM
docfr8
Offline:
Trauma Junkie
Poster Rank:93
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Activity Longevity