Go Back  

Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:27 PM
candice81's Avatar
candice81
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:310
Female
Join Date: Mar 2012
 
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2496
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
wow.... stunningly ignorant of you.
completely!

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candice81 For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #22  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 PM
candice81's Avatar
candice81
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:310
Female
Join Date: Mar 2012
 
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2496
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Another apologist for the scumbags of the world.

wow.... stunningly ignorant of you.
Lets hope you end up in jail one day, Im sure then your ignorance will change. Im a good person and been to jail twice...shit happens...cops arent god and some of them think they are. They need to be held responsible as with every other person.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candice81 For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #23  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:33 PM
pbaj12's Avatar
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Join Date: Jan 2012
Contributions: 14
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
As many of you know, I have some expertise in investigating use of force incidents. I've watched the video twice and I think I know exactly what happened...I've seen it before on two separate occasions.

What happened in this case is a muscle memory problem by the officer wearing the dark uniform. He was clearly thinking Taser, but out of muscle memory drew his pistol and reflexively shot the bad guy. I say this with a fair degree of certainty, based on both officer's movements and body language just prior to the shot being fired. Watch the officer's hands very carefully just before he draws his pistol. See the hesitation before, during, and during the reholster?
I see the cop putting his hand on his taser holster then switching to his pistol, drawing and firing. It looked like he couldn't get the taser out or changed his mind and went with the pistol.
If I had to guess I'd say he panicked because the taser didn't work previously and he chose to use more force.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
30564U, diamondsmiles
  #24  
Old 06-19-2014, 05:05 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaj12 View Post
I see the cop putting his hand on his taser holster then switching to his pistol, drawing and firing. It looked like he couldn't get the taser out or changed his mind and went with the pistol.
If I had to guess I'd say he panicked because the taser didn't work previously and he chose to use more force.
Yup...but the dumbass and his idiot lawyer came up with a defense that is indefensible. Once he admitted (right or wrong) that he intentionally drew his loaded pistol and pointed it at the bad guy...he's done. Even if the actual shot was an accident...what in God's name was he doing intentionally drawing a pistol and pointing it at a handcuffed, relatively contained, and unarmed bad guy? You can't get out of that...I do expert testimony all over in civil cases like this and I really try to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but this guy's explanation is really stupid. There will be no trainer on earth that will say that this officer was taught to do what he did. What was the officer's ultimate goal in drawing his pistol? Intimidation? Control? What? The guy already had been man handled to no effect, Tased God knows how many times, also to no effect. What did the officer think...that somehow this idiot would suddenly grow a brain cell and comply? The cop fucked up really bad...there's just no way to help this guy. It pains me to say it, but he's done and should get out of the business and be sued back to his Mother's womb.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #25  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice81 View Post
Lets hope you end up in jail one day, Im sure then your ignorance will change. Im a good person and been to jail twice...shit happens...cops arent god and some of them think they are. They need to be held responsible as with every other person.
I'm not standing up for Oswald's comments, but it's difficult for me not to cheer just a little bit that the idiot got his just deserts in a manner of speaking. There's just no reason to act like an asshat when you get arrested...shut up, post bail, and get out. An arrest is just an adult time out...take your medicine and get on with life. This guy was a total pain in the ass from the moment he was taken into custody until he was stupidly shot and died. He choose to act like that and he knew better. The guy was a convicted felon with a fairly significant criminal history...he knew the score and how to act while in custody...there was no excuse for him acting that way. This whole situation was intirely unavoidable and was totally brought on by the bad guy's juvenile behavior. I would never call everyone a scumbag who gets arrested...that can happen to anyone. Now being convicted of a crime is different, but depending on what the crime was, sometimes that too can happen to anyone.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49337
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
No so...just because his attorney sucks is no reason to find fault with my obviously superior interpretation of the event. I could of gotten him off completely...what a dumbass. Why would any even semi competent lawyer come up with a lame excuse like that? He meant to draw his pistol because the prior Taser hits didn't work?!? That's insane...who says stupid shit like that...even in Texas? He admitted to knowingly and intentionally drawing his pistol at a handcuffed, but unarmed bad guy, what the fuck...you can't do that...EVER! Shit...I guess I gave the idiot more credit than he deserved...he should be convicted of just being stupid. You can't even defend a dumb position like that...what a colossal fool to allow the lawyer to do that. I'm dumbstruck and shocked that it worked...I would have just shot myself if I couldn't do better than that. I guess I missed a great opportunity to make a butt load of money testifying as an expert in this case. I'm just shocked. Well he's on his own on this one...he can't be defended and if that's really what he admitted to doing then he should be fired and sued into the stone age.
as a gun owner, i would have to say that drawing a loaded weapon and pointing it at another person shows the willingness to kill. had they gone with the defense you posted, i might have reconsidered and said it was hard to tell... but when the officer admitted to choosing to draw his weapon, well, he fucked himself as far as im concerned. i would like to see negligent homicide or manslaughter... though, it seems he's free to walk.

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
30564U, candice81
  #27  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49337
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I'm not standing up for Oswald's comments, but it's difficult for me not to cheer just a little bit that the idiot got his just deserts in a manner of speaking. There's just no reason to act like an asshat when you get arrested...shut up, post bail, and get out. An arrest is just an adult time out...take your medicine and get on with life. This guy was a total pain in the ass from the moment he was taken into custody until he was stupidly shot and died. He choose to act like that and he knew better. The guy was a convicted felon with a fairly significant criminal history...he knew the score and how to act while in custody...there was no excuse for him acting that way. This whole situation was intirely unavoidable and was totally brought on by the bad guy's juvenile behavior. I would never call everyone a scumbag who gets arrested...that can happen to anyone. Now being convicted of a crime is different, but depending on what the crime was, sometimes that too can happen to anyone.
i dont think he was choosing to act erratically... toxicology reports show he had body building 'supplements' that were chemically similar to 'bath salts'. so it looks to me like mental illness exasperated by drug abuse or drug misuse. he certainly choose to take the drug and is ultimately responsible for his own actions (which should have resulted in an 'assaulting an officer' charge) but i dont think the man getting arrested was in a clear state of mind and wasnt trying to be malicious intentionally.

imagine if the same case, with all the same details, were to happen with the exception of two things: the suspect wasnt a body builder but instead a business professional and the suspect was on Ambien instead of 'bath salts'.... would you (and i mean this with respect) still feel like the suspect got his ' just deserts'?

i'm of the opinion that you are 100% correct in saying that being arrested can happen to all of us... but i also feel that we are all susceptible to having bad, unexpected reactions to chemicals we knowingly choose to use. when that happens and the person is acting in such a violent manner that they are a danger to LEOs, then there are times when lethal force is reasonable.... but lethal force should be a very last resort and i feel it wasnt the only resort in this case. i also feel that whenever you point a loaded weapon at a human, you are showing intent to take a life. that is a serious position to be in and when shit like this happens, it really is the person with the gun's fault.

it seems to me, when he admitted that he chose to use his firearm because he was aware that non-lethal alternatives had failed in the past with this suspect, he chose to (at the very least) threaten to use lethal force. he showed a willingness (though not necessarily intent ) to kill. what gets me is his reaction as the gun fires... his left hand (seemingly instinctively) moves to his head in an 'oh fuck...what just happened... oh shit' manner, like he really wasnt meaning to pull that trigger....

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
30564U
  #28  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49337
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Yup...but the dumbass and his idiot lawyer came up with a defense that is indefensible. Once he admitted (right or wrong) that he intentionally drew his loaded pistol and pointed it at the bad guy...he's done. Even if the actual shot was an accident...what in God's name was he doing intentionally drawing a pistol and pointing it at a handcuffed, relatively contained, and unarmed bad guy? You can't get out of that...I do expert testimony all over in civil cases like this and I really try to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but this guy's explanation is really stupid. There will be no trainer on earth that will say that this officer was taught to do what he did. What was the officer's ultimate goal in drawing his pistol? Intimidation? Control? What? The guy already had been man handled to no effect, Tased God knows how many times, also to no effect. What did the officer think...that somehow this idiot would suddenly grow a brain cell and comply? The cop fucked up really bad...there's just no way to help this guy. It pains me to say it, but he's done and should get out of the business and be sued back to his Mother's womb.
exactly!!!

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
30564U
  #29  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
as a gun owner, i would have to say that drawing a loaded weapon and pointing it at another person shows the willingness to kill. had they gone with the defense you posted, i might have reconsidered and said it was hard to tell... but when the officer admitted to choosing to draw his weapon, well, he fucked himself as far as im concerned. i would like to see negligent homicide or manslaughter... though, it seems he's free to walk.
Yea go figure. I think the officer in San Francisco from BART got manslaughter because they tried him here in Los Angeles due to the 99%'s in the Bay Area rioting. I totally agree with you...you just can't help the guy. He and his mouthpiece screwed up royally. Like I said, why did he draw his pistol...what was he expecting to accomplish? Other than intentionally shooting the guy. Thank you for researching this...his defense (or in this case, lack of a defense) is actually more interesting than the incident. I don't care what the officer says, the video shows he screwed up with muscle memory.

Maybe this guy's ego is out of control, but personally, I would have prefered to have made a simple and human mistake rather than intentionally and unlawfully killing a handcuffed bad guy. Why was it so hard to admit a mistake? Instead he admits to killing a handcuffed bad guy with a pistol.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Anita929, Kanda444
  #30  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss10528
Re: Caught on Tape: Texas Cop Executes Handcuffed Suspect

This cretin ended up like a typical Trayvon Martin type Thug.

This is how they end up.

One way or another.

It is only they who are to blame.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
30564U
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Oswald2001:
Anita929

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO