Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Re: Caregiver Leaves 95 Year Old in Car For 2 Hours to Gamble

I remember when my Grandfather became too weak to do much more than sit all day. One day we had to take his dog to the clinic after it got bit by a rattler. It took over an hour and we had to leave the dog in the clinic. When we got back out Grandpa was Super Pissed Off.... Seems the sun had moved and a sliver of sun was on his leg. He scolded us heatedly because he claimed the sun had burned his jean covered leg.... After being chewed out over and over in the next few minutes, Grandma reminded him that all he had to do was move his leg a couple inches and the problem would of been solved. . I had to choke back my laughter. But on a serious note... there is a point when you just can't leave them alone anymore. They can't defend themselves, can't make decisions and situations leave them easily baffled and frustrated.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:227
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert440 View Post
That reminds me of here in Edmonton Alberta a caregiver left someone on the toilet for 4 hours.....
maybe she was constipated

Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:227
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Good point about the money! I didn't even think of that.

Why do people get jobs as caregivers to children or elderly if they don't like people? I will never get it.

My brother put my father in one of those horrible places so he could go party. I had to give a nurse, or whatever she was supposed to be, Hell to get the A/C turned on and to give him Tylenol. He was burning up the day before he died. He wanted to die at home.

karma got that brother 17 months later when he died in a fire!
My mother, who is 76, will never go into one of those places! Horrible, horrible way to go, especially if you can't take care of yourself or suffer from dementia or Alzheimer's, as my father did, along with Parkinson's and diabetes!

Yes, it gets frustrating at times and are like children, but, who was always there for you growing up? (assuming you weren't one of the unfortunates who suffered abuse)

thats a little harsh.