Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1929
California Officers Spared when Gunman's Weapon Jams

Chief: California officers spared when gunman's weapon jams

Published October 18, 2016 Associated Press

VALLEJO, Calif. – A man wearing body armor pointed an assault rifle at two police officers in a California Starbucks, only to have the weapon malfunction before he fled and was shot by the officers nearby, police said.

Vallejo Police Chief Andrew Bidou called it an "attempted assassination" of the two officers, who were on break when the confrontation occurred.

The officers were caught off-guard and "were ambushed by somebody who has superior firepower," the chief said Monday.

It marked the latest attack on police across the country, including two incidents in California in recent weeks that left a total of three law enforcement officers dead.

Police in Vallejo said Adam Powell, 41, had passed by the Starbucks six minutes earlier, apparently planning the attack.

Video from a nearby security camera showed a man walking up to the coffee shop and then sprinting away seconds later, with at least one officer chasing him.

Police said Powell appeared to keep trying to clear his weapon as he ran. Officers shot him three times about 100 feet from the Starbucks.

Resident Jazmin Addison said she heard more than a dozen shots at the corner outside her home. Addison later looked out to see a man lying on the ground, surrounded by officers.

Powell was in critical condition but stable on Monday. Police Lt. Jeff Bassett said authorities expect to arraign him within the next few days.

Police said Powell's weapon never fired. A photo provided by police showed an assault rifle bearing wear marks and duct tape. Bassett said the gun was operable except for the jam.

The man also carried a loaded handgun, police said. They described his body armor as "police-style."

Six hours before that confrontation, police responding to a shooting in Suisun City, 20 miles away, found Powell's 2-year-old son critically wounded in a family home. Powell was not there when police arrived, and other relatives told police the child had accidentally shot himself.

Police want to question Powell about the boy's shooting and about the confrontation with police in Vallejo.

Police said they did not know if Powell, who had a felony record of robbery and drug offenses, had expressed any anger toward police.

Powell's step-daughter, Breauna Bower, said he may have been trying to commit suicide after seeing his son hurt.

"He's a really good man. I don't know what would've went through this mind, but he's really good man," Bower told San Francisco television station KGO-TV.

"I assume he possibly thought his son was dead and was just distracted. And just wanted to commit suicide in a certain way. Who knows, who knows," Bower said. "He saw his son the way he did."

The Vallejo shooting came amid growing national attention to police shootings of suspects, and to attacks on police.

On Tuesday, a memorial service will honor two officers killed in Palm Springs, California, while responding to a domestic disturbance at the home of an ex-convict.

The Palm Springs shooting occurred just three days after a Los Angeles County sheriff's sergeant was shot and killed in the high desert town of Lancaster while answering a burglary call.

"Officers I think around the country are at a heightened state of alert now," the Vallejo chief said.

Source

(Enlarged image of gunman's rifle attached below.)

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
851c19f1-2b69-49ea-ab9b-2532ededc567%5B1%5D.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
lobo221, teacherof2
Old 10-18-2016, 12:40 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1929
Re: California Officers Spared when Gunman's Weapon Jams

This asshole goes in to shoot cops and doesn't even have a round in the chamber?!

In my experience, drum magazines are a bad idea on an AR-type rifle. Everyone I've shot with friends has jammed up multiple times during the shooting session. Glad I saved my money and avoided them.

Duplexed USGI AR-15 mags with Wolff extra-power springs and anti-tip followers have yet to cause a misfeed for me yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
teacherof2
Old 10-18-2016, 01:29 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:70
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4724 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss13367

What a dumb ass he's lucky they didn't kill him !!!

FunkPumpkin, Oswald2001, teacherof2
Old 10-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10537

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudigitti View Post
What a dumb ass he's lucky they didn't kill him !!!
Another low life Ghetto Trash Violent Criminal Thug product of...da Black CULTCHA and 'Son of Obama'.

Is Obama going to invite this BLM 'activist' to the White Mosque too?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin, rapeWhistle, tbone79, teacherof2
Old 10-19-2016, 09:26 PM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523

Quote:
Police said Powell appeared to keep trying to clear his weapon as he ran. Officers shot him three times about 100 feet from the Starbucks.

Police said they did not know if Powell, who had a felony record of robbery and drug offenses, had expressed any anger toward police.

Powell's step-daughter, Breauna Bower, said he may have been trying to commit suicide after seeing his son hurt.

"He's a really good man. I don't know what would've went through this mind, but he's really good man,"

"I assume he possibly thought his son was dead and was just distracted. And just wanted to commit suicide in a certain way. Who knows, who knows," Bower said. "He saw his son the way he did."
So if he JUST wanted to do suicide by cop, why did he try to actually shoot them? Why did he run and continue to try to get back in the fight? Why was he wearing body armor? Sounds like a really good man..now let's find a way to make him the victim..

While we're at it, let's pass more anti-gun laws..perfect example showing their effectiveness.
1. He had a felony record and couldn't LEGALLY buy/own guns. He had at least 2.
2. He had a drum magazine, illegal in CA.
3. He had a short barreled rifle, illegal at the federal level.
4. Speculation but I'm guessing the rifle had a detachable magazine, illegal in CA.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
Desensitisation, FunkPumpkin, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle, tbone79, teacherof2
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 AM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40871

Another 'unarmed black man' shot.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:202

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss4412

Yeah, "A good man". With a weapon he intended to use, in a conflict he intended to survive with the amount of armor he was wearing.

Yeah, a good man... the only way he'd be good is dead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin, Oswald2001
Old 10-22-2016, 02:53 AM
teacherof2
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:227
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1479 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 6/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss3895

Too bad he wasn't killed. Would have saved the tax payers a lot of money.

The Following User Says Thank You to teacherof2 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001