Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
Burger Named After Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey

5 days ago |By MSN News

A Hodge's restaurant has named a Big Mac-inspired burger after Charles Ramsey, the Cleveland man who helped save the three kidnapping victims.

Restaurant introduces heroism burger, the, "Ramsey."

Charles Ramsey's turbulent 15 minutes of fame just got a little tastier. Ramsey, the Cleveland neighbor of Ariel Castro, who's accused of abducting and detaining three women for more than a decade, has gotten shout-outs from McDonald's — he was eating a Big Mac at the time he helped rescue the women — and has watched as his past criminal offenses have come to light.

Now, a downtown Cleveland restaurant has further immortalized Ramsey by putting his name on a hamburger. Hodge's is now offering a "Ramsey burger," an 8 ounce cut of Angus beef with cheddar cheese, butter pickles and a, "secret sauce."

The burger has been one of the most popular items on the menu since it went on sale this week, MSN News was told.

The restaurant was already feeding off the Ramsey mania, selling a T-shirt with the man's likeness that raised some $17,000 for the families of the victims, according to the Daily Mail. Now, the restaurant that once employed 43-year-old Ramsey as a dishwasher, is offering a "play on the Big Mac," according to owner Chris Hodgson.

The money raised by the burger will not be going to Ramsey or the victims' families, however. Every dollar of the $12 it costs goes back to Hodgson's.

T-shirts and Domestic Violence Record

Ramsey became an instant Internet sensation thanks to his help in discovering Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, as well as for his matter-of-fact interviews given after the ordeal.

To commemorate Ramsey and raise money for the women rescued, a Cleveland designer released a T-shirt emblazoned with Ramsey's illustrated face and the text "Cleveland's Hero Charles Ramsey."

Shortly after his climb to Internet stardom, news broke that Ramsey was previously convicted of domestic violence. According to court documents, the 43-year-old has been convicted three times and served six months in prison for domestic violence. But, Ramsey says he's not ashamed of his past.

"Those incidents helped me become the man I am today and are the reason why I try to help the community as much as I can ... including those women," Ramsey said.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
ramseyburger.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Re: Burger Named After Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey

I think people need to stop these interview overhypes. I mean, I heard how awesome his interview was so I watched it and was asking myself "why is this so popular". The guy found the women asking for help, he did as any other person would do.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Angelahh
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:84
meow
Contributions: 41

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12278

This burger was a limited time feature.

This shirt they spoke of is so far the only authorized "Cleveland's Hero" shirt and is only available for two more days http://store.onpointpromos.com/shop/...land-hero-tee/

cool shirt

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
I think people need to stop these interview overhypes. I mean, I heard how awesome his interview was so I watched it and was asking myself "why is this so popular". The guy found the women asking for help, he did as any other person would do.

I'm not so sure.

Poor Jaycee Dugard went 18 years and people saw tents and CPS were there.

There is even a video you can watch wherein the inspector didn't search every inch of her prison, (the house of her captors)!

They only went were the owner allowed him to go.

In my eyes and those of the girls and their families, Ramsey is a hero

People relate more to just an average guy eating his burger every day in a tee shirt and jeans than if he had been in Donald Trump's private plane or helicopter landing on their lawn.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
**Ramsey Doesn't Want Free Burgers or Burgers Named After Him**

Ohio kidnap hero Charles Ramsey DOESN'T want free burgers for life that have been offered to him from 14 restaurants

Charles Ramsey has stated that he does not endorse a group of local Ohio restaurants offering him free burgers for life

Ramsey became a national hero when he helped rescue three women who had been trapped inside Ariel Castro's Cleveland home for years

Ramsey says he never gave the restaurants permission to use him name on promotional products

By Daily Mail Reporter
16:45 EST, 25 May 2013

The man who famously put aside his Big Mac to help rescue three women trapped in Ariel Castro’s Cleveland home for 10 years said he's not endorsing a group of restaurants that are offering him free burgers for life and wants his name kept out of it.

'I never told these people they could use my name for this,' Charles Ramsey said in a written statement released through attorney, Patricia Walker.

The restaurant where Ramsey worked as a dishwasher initially created a special burger named his honor, called the Ramsey Burger. Then more than a dozen area eateries had decided a larger tribute was due.

Ramsey said he doesn't endorse the northeast Ohio restaurants that are offering burgers bearing the Ramsey name, or that are promoting a lifetime of free burgers for him.

The owner of the restaurant group said in a statement Friday evening that it will drop the burger from the menu, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported.

'We are saddened to hear that Chuck did not take this — or the offer of so many Cleveland restaurants to give him free meals — in the spirit we intended,' Scott Kuhn of the Driftwood Restaurant Group said in a statement, the newspaper reported.

A statement from Ramsey's attorney said he did not authorize any merchandise.

'Ramsey encourages people to do things that will help the victims,' the statement said.

Ramsey was called a hero after helping Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight break out of Ariel Castro's house May 6.

Hodges restaurant created the Ramsey Burger, a play on a Big Mac, as a tribute to local hero Charles Ramsey.

‘I heard screaming. I’m eating my McDonald’s,’ Ramsey told WEWS.

‘I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of the house. I go on the porch and she says, 'Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time'.’

After news of the kidnappings made national headlines thousands of people contacted McDonald's about Ramsey’s rescue.

The fast food chain tweeted, 'We salute the courage of Ohio kidnap victims & respect their privacy. Way to go Charles Ramsey- we’ll be in touch.'

However, McDonald's was slow to contact Ramsey and in the meantime 14 local restaurants pledged to give him free burgers for the rest of his life.

Local McDonald's franchisees in Ramsey's neighborhood have now offered him complimentary food at their restaurants for the next year, a spokeswoman for fast food Corporation confirmed.

It's unclear whether Ramsey will be accepting free burgers.

McDonald's has also made a $10,000 donation to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the names of the three women and Ramsey.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ULX0Qa7F

I couldn't copy the picture of Hodges' Ramsey Burger. It was a .png file.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
charlesramsey.jpg  

Old 05-25-2013, 07:53 PM
mcleans87
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:3453

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts