Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss261
Brother Stabbed in Back Over Protein Shake

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/ne...back-1-4479761

Joseph Clarke, 19, of Braithwaite Street, Blackpool, has been jailed for nine years after stabbing his brother.

Quote:

Saturday 28 April 2012

A MAN was left to die in the street when his teenage brother stabbed him in the back in a row over a protein shake.

Joseph Clarke, 19, of Braithwaite Street, Blackpool, has been locked up for nine years after he came close to killing his brother when he plunged a six-inch kitchen knife into his back.

Preston Crown Court heard how Benjamin Clarke, 24, needed two emergency operations and had to have a kidney removed following the horror attack on March 14.

The victim today told The Gazette: “He is no longer a brother of mine after leaving me to bleed to death.”

The brothers became embroiled in a furious fight when Mr Clarke found his younger brother had taken his protein shake.

Once the fight had broken up, Mr Clarke suggested they both calm down by taking cannabis.

But, as they waited to receive the drug on Lilly Street, Blackpool, the younger brother pulled out a knife and stabbed his sibling.

As his brother fled the scene Mr Clarke managed to stumble in to a nearby shop where staff called an ambulance.

Jeremy Grout-Smith, prosecuting, said: “The blade went in beyond the hilt and the handle of the blade came off which was thrown away by the offender.

“Benjamin described the blow as a ‘good punch’, so it was obviously done with some force.

“He tried to pull the blade out but couldn’t when he saw how deep the blade was and this was probably a good thing.

“The stabbing was a pre-meditated attack and he took the knife from the house for that purpose.”

Mr Clarke spent 10 days in Blackpool Victoria Hospital undergoing lifesaving surgery, but has encountered a number of problems.

He suffers from regular nightmares and flashbacks of the attack and has trouble sleeping because of the pain.

He has been told he will never play sport again.

Clarke pleaded guilty to a charge of wounding with intent and Judge John Bromley-Davenport sentenced him to nine years in a young offenders’ institution.

Judge Bromley-Davenport said: “You saw a chance to attack your brother, you armed yourself with a knife and attacked him by stabbing him in the back.

“You did nothing to help him, you just left him there. It was through the skill of the medical profession he didn’t lose his life.

“He had severe injuries and it’s lucky for both of you that he didn’t die because you would be facing a murder charge.”

Following the sentence, Mr Clarke said he has disowned his brother and plans to move on with his life.

He said: “Considering what he did to me and his nonchalant attitude in court, I’ve no feelings towards him.

“He is no longer a brother of mine after leaving me to bleed to death.

“I hope he serves his time and gets help, but I have drawn a line under my family.

“I have a daughter and a girlfriend and I’m going to focus on that.”

The dad-of-one was involved in voluntary work before the attack and says he intends to carry on helping others when he is able to.

He added: “When you are in hospital and are given a 20 per cent chance of survival, it’s a big relief to pull through.

“I just have to focus on the positives rather than the negatives because if you don’t it will drag you down.

“I’m looking to work with kids with drug and alcohol issues to stop things like this from happening and raise awareness of knife crime.”

Paul Robinson, defending, said: “This offence was extremely serious and there are a number of aggravating factors.

“There is no doubt Joseph Clarke had a difficult upbringing and those difficulties were exacerbated by his relationship with his brother which turned sour.”

Det Con Marc Armstrong, of Lancashire Police, added: “I’m very pleased with the verdict.

“It’s a significant sentence for what was a pre-meditated, nasty stabbing. It’s a sad but serious case and the judge reflected the seriousness with a lengthy prison sentence.”

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFX-707 For This Useful Post:
archdeaconmingefarm, diamondsmiles, Faline
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Brother Stabbed in Back Over Protein Shake

stupid

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
GFX-707
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
collaredgirl65
Offline:
Smartest Retard
Poster Rank:127
Female

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8016

GFX-707
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Quiet
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:459
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1408

His brothers fucking retarded, He could've smoked weed instead man

The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet For This Useful Post:
GFX-707
Old 04-29-2012, 12:14 AM
GFX-707
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1381
M

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss261

It's mental. It would be sort of understandable if it was an affair of the heart or over money. A protein shake

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

I'm surprised this wasn't in Filthydelphia/Killadelphia. I don't get some black people! They want everything free, fight everyone who isn't black, but, turn on family or close friends and exes if they paid for something!

The Jews should be out there bitching, too, for all the suffering they did before most of us were born! They overcame that!

You see it with the blacks on the court shows, too! It's, "brothers and sisters", but, when they paid for something for an ex, it's, "MY money, my stuff!"

I wonder if they notice who is giving all the free stuff away - white people! School supplies, medical checkups for men with free gift cards! I swear there is a black underground newspaper in this city!

It's a statistic that most young black men die at the hand of another! And this, "no snitching", until they lose a loved one pisses me off, too! "Nobody sees anything", until they commit a crime and want a deal! They should stop giving deals!

Asshole almost killing his brother over a protein shake!?!?!? WTF?

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
GFX-707
Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 PM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

but hey, it was a protein shake to die for. well almost! i see a commercial coming...

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedPrincess For This Useful Post:
GFX-707
Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
ArtOfLife
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:653
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss840

Honestly what the fucking hell is wrong with people

The Following User Says Thank You to ArtOfLife For This Useful Post:
GFX-707
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM
MEMOR3X
Offline:
I'm Back
Poster Rank:612
Bloke

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

It's not Carl is it?

Looks like him

The Following User Says Thank You to MEMOR3X For This Useful Post:
fattubbashit
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 AM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:538
Weener

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Roid rage?

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens