Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: British General Says West Playing Right into Isis Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Probably because he's almost 60 years old. I'm sure he has a lot better handle on the Muslim world than you or I. Since he's someone who wasn't dependent on watching Jon Stewart for current events. He lived in the middle of the events and had the best of the British intelligence at his disposal.

The Muslim world is united? Where? United against America?
Obviously you don't even follow the news whatsoever, or you would know how most of the muslim nations are united against getting rid of isis. Regardless of his past knowledge he doesn't know the current situation. Keep bringing up John Stewart, because that's all I watch right?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

If most of the Muslim nations were united to get rid of isis. Isis wouldn't be on the verge of taking another city.

Obviously you put way to much into whatever news you're getting. Obama has claimed 60 nations have joined his coalition to fight isis. 60. If that was the case isis would be destroyed in a matter of months. Instead isis is still moving forward, and hasn't given up inch. Just because a Muslim nation says they are against isis is hardly uniting against them. They need to actually go to Syria and fight. Otherwise standing together holding hands means nothing. The Muslim world is the key to defeating extremism within their religion. What you're telling me is they are united to fight it. We'll see. As of now, they haven’t done anything.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
That general obviously is retired for a reason, he isn't following the current events. The Muslim world is more unified than ever before, all against ISIS.

Awaiting Niknik to tell us all how this is Obama's fault..
If that's the case, then why are they sitting back and doing nothing

The Shia's are against them, but the Sunni is a different story. The Muslim world is never united, they haven't been for centuries, they'll kill each other as readily as they'd kill Westerners.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
If that's the case, then why are they sitting back and doing nothing

The Shia's are against them, but the Sunni is a different story. The Muslim world is never united, they haven't been for centuries, they'll kill each other as readily as they'd kill Westerners.
They are scared of internal rebellion if they openly attack other muslims. 4 of the closest muslim countries are letting us use their airbases for the strikes.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
They are scared of internal rebellion if they openly attack other muslims. 4 of the closest muslim countries are letting us use their airbases for the strikes.
Right, so their Leaders are for us ( publicly ) and their people are against us and for them.

makes sense.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Right, so their Leaders are for us ( publicly ) and their people are against us and for them.

makes sense.
Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and we are now pressuring Turkey to join with a ground offensive. It is what it is..

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Mr Poo:
rob666
Old 10-10-2014, 01:09 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss8005

Quote:
Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and we are now pressuring Turkey to join with a ground offensive. It is what it is..

why turkey needs to be pressed is beyond me....ISIS is about to cross their border and start rolling into their cities yet their military isn't even on alert...

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 10-10-2014, 01:13 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
why turkey needs to be pressed is beyond me....ISIS is about to cross their border and start rolling into their cities yet their military isn't even on alert...
I was thinking the same thing..

Old 10-10-2014, 04:49 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

General Blewvane says we should pull out of the middle east, give the terrorists time to take the land and do what they are going to do, sit back and watch what the rest of the middle east does, and then make a decision on the best course of action.
Chill the beer, prime the bombs, and get the missus to prepare many bacon sammiches while we wait and see what happens.

I know this is very unlikely, but what if we give them space and stay out of middle eastern affairs, and this new muslim nation they build is peaceful and willing to do business with the west? Wouldn't it be a good idea to try it?
Best case scenario? As ^ above. They get what they want and stop being primitive savages, they build a peaceful society, and they sell oil to us.
Worst case scenario? They continue to act like primitive savages and continue giving us trouble and attempt to further expand in to western nations.

If the best case turns out then we do business with them buying oil but restricting the sale of military hardware to them. All peaceful.
If worst case turns out they're all in the one spot and the west leaves the ROE and the Geneva Convention in the closet for this one, and we eradicate all life in their sphere of influence with biological and chemical weapons. After it's done we move in and carve up the land and oil rights amongst the participating nations to pay for the war.

Personally I don't see what the big fuss is about, and any anti this and that western cock smokers can get dumped in to IS land just before the game kicks off. Fuckem, I'm sick of their shit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 10-10-2014, 09:19 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20