female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss166
Britain's 'Crossbow Cannibal' Gets Life in Prison for Three Murders

Have no pics, but this is the story I read on him...

LONDON (Dec. 21) -- A British criminology student who called himself the "Crossbow Cannibal" and boasted to police about eating human flesh was sentenced to life in prison today for the murders of three women in the northern English city of Bradford.

Stephen Griffiths -- who was obsessed with the life and crimes of serial killers -- pleaded guilty to murdering Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage and Susan Rushworth, who all worked as prostitutes near his Bradford apartment.

"The circumstances of these murders are so wicked and monstrous they leave me in no doubt the defendant should be kept in prison for the rest of his life," Judge Charles Openshaw told the court, according to The Guardian. "His pleas of guilty have been entered without any remorse at all. He has never said he regretted his actions or said in even the most perfunctory way he was sorry."

AFP / Getty Images
Stephen Griffiths, a student who dubbed himself the "crossbow cannibal," was jailed for life on Tuesday for the murders of three prostitutes.
Griffiths, 40, was caught after a janitor in his block of flats reviewed footage from a closed-circuit TV camera outside the student's apartment. The camera captured the moment Blamires, last seen by friends on May 21, was killed by a crossbow bolt to the head.

Prosecutor Robert Smith told the court the footage showed Blamires fleeing the apartment and being pursued by Griffiths, who knocked her unconscious and dragged her along the floor by her leg, reported The Times of London. After executing the 36-year-old sex worker, Griffiths defiantly raised his middle finger to the CCTV camera.

The student was arrested May 24 in his third-floor apartment on the edge of Bradford's red-light district. He told the arresting officers, "I'm Osama bin Laden," the Daily Mail reported, and once inside the police station crowed, "I've killed a lot more than Suzanne Blamires -- I've killed loads."

He later told detectives that he had "eaten some" of Blamires, declaring, "That's part of the magic."

When asked for his name during his first appearance at Bradford Magistrates' Court on May 28, Griffiths answered, "The Crossbow Cannibal."

Prosecutor Smith said that Griffiths admitted dismembering Blamires with a knife inside his flat but used power tools to cut up the other women. "It was just a slaughterhouse in the bathtub," the killer told officers.

Police later discovered 81 separate pieces of Blamires' body in or near the River Aire in the town of Shipley, three miles north of Bradford. A broken knife and a crossbow bolt were found embedded in her severed head, which had also been stripped of skin, the Mail reported.

Relatives of Griffiths' victims sobbed as prosecutors read out the most gruesome aspects of his crimes. At one point, noted the Mail, a woman in the public gallery shouted out in rage and disgust, "You f***ing c***."

A small piece of 31-year-old Armitage's body was found in the River Aire several days after police divers started combing the site. A photograph found at Griffiths' apartment showed Armitage lying dead in the bathtub.

No trace of Rushworth's corpse has been found. Detectives suspect that the 44-year-old mother of three was Griffiths' first victim and was likely killed between June 22, 2009 -- the day she disappeared -- and May 25 this year. Armitage is though to have died between April 25 and May 25 this year.

Police fear that Griffiths may have even more blood on his hands. During interrogation, he declared that he was "only going to talk about five Bradford cases," Smith told the court. Officers are now seeking evidence that could tie him to other unsolved murders or missing person cases. So far they have found nothing.

Griffiths hasn't revealed why he embarked on a killing spree. Police sources told the Mail and the Times that Griffiths' criminology research at Bradford University -- his Ph.D. dissertation was titled "Homicide in Bradford 1847-1899" -- may have caused him to "flip" and seek out prostitutes to murder.

He certainly appears to have dedicated all of his spare time to studying the act of murder. His Amazon.co.uk wishlist was loaded with books and DVDs on serial killers, including documentary box sets titled "Notorious Killers," "Serial Killers," "Mass Murderers" and "Britain's Bloodiest Serial Killers."

His studies informed his actions. David Wilson, a professor of criminology at the University of Central England, told The Guardian that "although there are unique aspects of this case, [Griffiths] targeted groups of vulnerable women," much like previous British serial killers such as Steve Wright -- who killed at least five prostitutes in the English town of Ipswich between October and December 2006 -- and famed Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper.

That copycat behavior continued after his arrest. Griffiths chose to be represented by Lumb & Macgill, the same Bradford-based law firm that acted for Peter Sutcliffe, better known as the Yorkshire Ripper, who was jailed for the murders of 13 women in 1981.

Sponsored Links"He is somebody who is a wannabe. He is desperately keen for fame, even infamy," Wilson said. "I have never come across a case of a student of criminology wanting to become an offender."

However, Griffiths displayed a tendency to violence long before he began his university studies. He was jailed for three years when he was 17 for slashing a security guard's throat with a knife after being caught shoplifting. In 1989, he was ordered to do 100 hours' community service after being caught in possession of an air pistol. In 1991, he received a 24-month sentence for affray and possession of an offensive weapon. And soon after, he was locked up at Rampton Hospital, one of three high-security hospitals in England.

Following his arrest earlier this year, Griffiths has twice attempted to take his life. In June, he was taken to the hospital wing of Wakefield Prison following a "self-harm" incident, The Mirror reported. Three months later, he returned to the wing after slashing his throat with a shard of glass, causing superficial injuries.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8001
Re: Britain's 'Crossbow Cannibal' Gets Life in Prison for Three Murders

he's a wanker.....but no pics sucks and we can read this all in the papers

Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

if the guy has tried to commit suicide, by all means they should give him a rope or some poison or something. then we could watch a video of him committing suicide. as it stands, he is a waste of the air he breathes, the food he eats and the water he drinks.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497

Here is the crossbow cannibal.

Here are his victims.

Here are some photos of the investigation.

Here is some cake since I get find the money shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to rottenflesh For This Useful Post:
Kinky_John
Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
wolfie
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:161
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6067

I really need pics before I get aroused ......

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

That fucker needs a bra for his titties.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 PM
southernpeach01
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1873
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss166

thank you for posting some pictures rot..

Old 12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
wikkkidone92
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2958

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss78