Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss686
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
Why do people who are mentally ill end up obsessed with religion? Schizophrenics are particularly susceptible to religious mania. People with bipolar or narcissistic personality commonly think they're Gods or talking to God.

Are mentally ill people more likely to believe in a religion, or does religion make you mentally ill? That's a question I'd love to know the answer to.
Good question, one I've wondered myself for years. I have two family members with severe violent schizophrenia. I know both of them got where they are because they were predisposed genetically and took heavy drugs for years. There is one family member of mind who is really fucking mean. She has bipolar, loves to manipulate and steal then play the victim and make you feel guilty after she fucks you over royally. She's also a liar. She won't shut the fuck up about religion, and claims she can talk to God and makes all her fucked up life decisions based on her little delusions. Oh and she gets involved with married men at church, then robs them blinde yet will turn around and pray for people and act saintly. As a child, this person caused me a lot of grief and I am very happy to say that i haven't had contact physically with these people in nearly 20 years.

I had lived with her for a brief while as a child, and she was religiously abusive to me. She would judge me extremely harshly, and tell me if i didnt pick up my toys i was demonic, threatened me with hell a lot too. Because of her I grew up really hating the fuck out of christians until i got past my teen years and did my own research and discovered she was not normal and that most christians are nice. I have also met a good deal of athiests who are batshit crazy or depressive junkies. Its a big deal considering I'm only 29 that I've been estranged from them all. Thanks to this person's paranoid abusive religious tendencies I was put in foster care and had a chance at some normalcy. Then again this person used to always tell me if i didnt go to church theyd throw me in foster care anyways. These types are incredibly sinister and will make your life a living hell. She is currently, "taking care" of one of my schizophrenic family members but I know she manipulates them into driving their condition worse which sickens me. Like for example she was left in charge of his disability income and stole it from him, leaving him homeless. She will also put delusions in his mind, like will tell him she knows he's on drugs when he's clean, which actually drives him to get back on drugs so she can then turn him in to his probation officer. She's a bitch, and old so I hope her days are numbered. The other schizophrenic one is in prison so is out of the picture. This person also would gob off and claim they were speaking in tongues, sounded more like devil speak to me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiritual For This Useful Post:
a175, Azimuth, gatagato, Oswald2001, Pigeon, slyksleevemuckyey
Old 03-01-2016, 10:11 AM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Contributions: 121

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss3404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
You used the term mental illness sufferers, so you did generalize.

All the links in the world doesn't change the fact that mental illness effects people in a 101 different ways. Everybody is different.

I was offended because your insinuations about God and religion, it's like a red rag to a bull (bulls are colour blind) to me. I despise religion deeply.
Being different doesn't equate to anything really, generalizations are never going to win the day.
I'm not generalising. I said mental illness and religion COMMONLY go together. And they do. I'm not the one who put the studies out there, am I?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:13 AM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Contributions: 121

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss3404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual View Post
Good question, one I've wondered myself for years. I have two family members with severe violent schizophrenia. I know both of them got where they are because they were predisposed genetically and took heavy drugs for years. There is one family member of mind who is really fucking mean. She has bipolar, loves to manipulate and steal then play the victim and make you feel guilty after she fucks you over royally. She's also a liar. She won't shut the fuck up about religion, and claims she can talk to God and makes all her fucked up life decisions based on her little delusions. Oh and she gets involved with married men at church, then robs them blinde yet will turn around and pray for people and act saintly. As a child, this person caused me a lot of grief and I am very happy to say that i haven't had contact physically with these people in nearly 20 years.

I had lived with her for a brief while as a child, and she was religiously abusive to me. She would judge me extremely harshly, and tell me if i didnt pick up my toys i was demonic, threatened me with hell a lot too. Because of her I grew up really hating the fuck out of christians until i got past my teen years and did my own research and discovered she was not normal and that most christians are nice. I have also met a good deal of athiests who are batshit crazy or depressive junkies. Its a big deal considering I'm only 29 that I've been estranged from them all. Thanks to this person's paranoid abusive religious tendencies I was put in foster care and had a chance at some normalcy. Then again this person used to always tell me if i didnt go to church theyd throw me in foster care anyways. These types are incredibly sinister and will make your life a living hell. She is currently, "taking care" of one of my schizophrenic family members but I know she manipulates them into driving their condition worse which sickens me. Like for example she was left in charge of his disability income and stole it from him, leaving him homeless. She will also put delusions in his mind, like will tell him she knows he's on drugs when he's clean, which actually drives him to get back on drugs so she can then turn him in to his probation officer. She's a bitch, and old so I hope her days are numbered. The other schizophrenic one is in prison so is out of the picture. This person also would gob off and claim they were speaking in tongues, sounded more like devil speak to me.
My sister with bipolar is exactly the same. She has called me evil on many occasions, which doesn't help my mental health lol. We were brought up with a very religious father whom told us constantly in our early years and on that God was going to punish us for our sins, for being inherently evil and for our disgusting sexual urges. Way to go fucking your kids heads up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slyksleevemuckyey For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bletch, Pink., Spiritual
Old 03-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Tini
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:559
female

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1079

Gjultschechra B. That's the crazy lady

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
3%2Cw%3D559%2Cc%3D0.bild.jpg  

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tini For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Etsu, icheerthebull, Oswald2001, Pink., Pyramid_Head, Top Gear
Old 03-01-2016, 11:48 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
both ways....again....but MOSTLY you do NOT see "Mainstream" muslims doing these things ROUTINELY....We do not see religious zealots from ANY religion actually DOING this or anything vaguely similar. We see batshit crazy people doing this.

The only "point" Im making with this is that she was FIRST AND FOREMOST mentally ill....she could have been screaming "Praise Jesus" and would be equally crazy. Thats why I say this was not an "islamic act".
Could not agree more with this post.

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Pink.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

This occurrence was utterly shocking. Poor child. Things like this just make me see red, mentally ill or not.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
a175, Azimuth, gatagato, icheerthebull, Oswald2001, Spiritual, Top Gear
Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon76 View Post
This occurrence was utterly shocking. Poor child. Things like this just make me see red, mentally ill or not.
That's the problem for me. She's a total loon, I have nothing but pity for those suffering from mental illness, seeing people at the extreme level of distress breaks my heart. However it's very very hard to be rational when dealing with something like this. Regardless of a mental disorder it's natural for any human being to feel nothing but rage at actions such as this

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
a175, Azimuth, gatagato, slyksleevemuckyey, Top Gear
Old 03-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Unreal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
I'm not generalising. I said mental illness and religion COMMONLY go together. And they do. I'm not the one who put the studies out there, am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey
Why do people who are mentally ill end up obsessed with religion? Schizophrenics are particularly susceptible to religious mania. People with bipolar or narcissistic personality commonly think they're Gods or talking to God.

It's called generalizing, you clumped everyone together, you tarred everyone with the same brush.
If you can't see my point fine, I am not going to throw a shit fit over it.

lostindisorder