Go Back  

Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading' 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #131  
Old 03-08-2016, 10:48 AM
slyksleevemuckyey's Avatar
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Join Date: Nov 2014
Contributions: 121
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3418
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodgasm View Post
Because religion "teaches" the believer that, no matter how depraved they are, that some God will unequivocally accept them with the full glory of unrivaled forgiveness, and then they just pick their flavor of aesthetic. When the whole world shuns them, belief in the divine looks like a causation for cleansing. They just think everyone should have their brand of mania. That's the problem.

Hmm I see what you're saying but i'm not so sure. I think with some schizophrenics, who hear voices, they tend to try to rationalise those voices, or find reason for them, and what better than what religion teaches us, that God speaks to you? They begin to think they're being spoken to by either God or demons cos that's the shit most people get brought up with. Also other mental or personality disorders can have certain feelings that they would try to reason for, and think its a spiritual feeling.

Also like I feel about myself, a strict religious overbearing childhood can play it's part in a personality disorder developing. I don't think it could be entirely to blame, but certainly a part of it. In fact most definitely a part of it in my case as a lot of my negative feelings are that way inclined.

I read once that Christianity is good for people suffering from Schizophrenia. I disagree, I think it could only do more damage if that person is not already having religious delusions. But religious people wont hear any thing against their religions in most cases.

The religion I was "taught" was that God does not like sin, does not like your feelings of sexuality, and that he will punish you for it. Growing up feeling disgusted with yourself for who you are and what you naturally feel, and that you're going to burn in hell for eternity for telling a little fib as a child is not good for anyone. My Grandma (who was schizophrenic) told me every other week that I was evil to the bone, from the youngest age I can remember. My dad agreed with her and my mum couldn't have cared less. Those things get stuck in your head. I know she was ill, but the religious tones are being passed down from generation to generation, until somebody realises how damaging it is.

Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slyksleevemuckyey For This Useful Post:
a175, Azimuth, bloodgasm, lesslis2015, Spiritual, winvens
  #132  
Old 03-08-2016, 11:24 AM
bloodgasm's Avatar
bloodgasm
Offline:
Queen of Diamonds
Poster Rank:59
Join Date: Mar 2011
 
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 4151 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15628
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
Hmm I see what you're saying but i'm not so sure. I think with some schizophrenics, who hear voices, they tend to try to rationalise those voices, or find reason for them, and what better than what religion teaches us, that God speaks to you? They begin to think they're being spoken to by either God or demons cos that's the shit most people get brought up with. Also other mental or personality disorders can have certain feelings that they would try to reason for, and think its a spiritual feeling.

Also like I feel about myself, a strict religious overbearing childhood can play it's part in a personality disorder developing. I don't think it could be entirely to blame, but certainly a part of it. In fact most definitely a part of it in my case as a lot of my negative feelings are that way inclined.

I read once that Christianity is good for people suffering from Schizophrenia. I disagree, I think it could only do more damage if that person is not already having religious delusions. But religious people wont hear any thing against their religions in most cases.

The religion I was "taught" was that God does not like sin, does not like your feelings of sexuality, and that he will punish you for it. Growing up feeling disgusted with yourself for who you are and what you naturally feel, and that you're going to burn in hell for eternity for telling a little fib as a child is not good for anyone. My Grandma (who was schizophrenic) told me every other week that I was evil to the bone, from the youngest age I can remember. My dad agreed with her and my mum couldn't have cared less. Those things get stuck in your head. I know she was ill, but the religious tones are being passed down from generation to generation, until somebody realises how damaging it is.
Yeah.. religion started off as this coping mechanism and explanation for the unknown, and you'd think that the belief would have been eradicated a long time ago as we've made huge developmental leaps as a species. I don't think that the need for it is as great, but we're all still killing each other, on a larger, more scarring scale, to prove whose holy balls are bigger. It sucks that this method to cope has, like everything else, been honed into a blade.

I especially don't like how it can been used to mold our children, and the seeds planted into our youth all must stem out seed and branch at some point somehow. Mix that in with whatever potential defects a human being has (schizophrenia is a good example), and you could have a deadly new vessel.

Have you ever watched the documentary "Jesus Camp"?


I doubt some big, bearded white guy in the sky gives a shit how many times we masturbate. Much bigger universal fish to fry.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBR View Post
she's the reason we have instructions on shampoo bottles and corn ice-cream
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Top Gear's Avatar
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Join Date: Mar 2015
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9781 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Well, once you or anyone becomes an adult....or a kid with conscioussness enough, there IS A CHOICE.

WE all can make our own choices. It has NOTHING to do with whether you were christened, but what you are, want AND SUPPORT now....or chose NOT TO support.
That's the point I was making, you can be very frustrating at times Pink.

__________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-08-2016, 03:31 PM
slyksleevemuckyey's Avatar
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Join Date: Nov 2014
Contributions: 121
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3418
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

No I've never seen Jesus Camp. Will have to look that one up.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slyksleevemuckyey For This Useful Post:
bloodgasm
  #135  
Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 PM
bloodgasm's Avatar
bloodgasm
Offline:
Queen of Diamonds
Poster Rank:59
Join Date: Mar 2011
 
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 4151 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15628
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
No I've never seen Jesus Camp. Will have to look that one up.
I think it might be on this site. For sure it is on Netflix.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBR View Post
she's the reason we have instructions on shampoo bottles and corn ice-cream
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloodgasm For This Useful Post:
slyksleevemuckyey, Spiritual
  #136  
Old 03-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Azimuth's Avatar
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
Also like I feel about myself, a strict religious overbearing childhood can play it's part in a personality disorder developing. I don't think it could be entirely to blame, but certainly a part of it. In fact most definitely a part of it in my case as a lot of my negative feelings are that way inclined.
I completely agree with you. The feelings of guilt that it (religion) instills in a person is TOTALLY damaging. I'm lucky and glad that I came to my senses finally and so did my children.

__________________
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." -Nora Ephron
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:
gatagato, slyksleevemuckyey, Spiritual, Top Gear
  #137  
Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 AM
slyksleevemuckyey's Avatar
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Join Date: Nov 2014
Contributions: 121
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3418
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'

I got up to 4.55min and had to turn it off. But thanks for posting it.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slyksleevemuckyey For This Useful Post:
gatagato
  #138  
Old 03-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Pink.'s Avatar
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Re: Breaking News - Woman Held for Moscow Child 'beheading'




This is the kind of shit that gives christianity a bad name....totally takes away any credibility....im not talking about Gods existence....but indoctrination....judgemental bullshit....RULES...STUPIDITY

__________________
...???
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pink. For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, lesslis2015, Oswald2001

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO