Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Malaysia Airlines Says It Has Lost Contact with Its Flight f

And I still strongly believe there was more in that cargo hold than has been revealed up to now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Malaysia Airlines Plane MH370: Captain’s Wife Faces Interrogation.

The estranged wife of pilot Zaharie Ahmed Shah will be interrogated as investigators’ suspicions mount that he may have hijacked flight MH370.

Malaysian investigators have come under mounting pressure from the FBI to interview mother-of-three Faizah Khan, who is seen as holding vital clues and information about Shah’s mental state.

The authorities said they had delayed questioning her because it was not appropriate for people in situations of “terrible bereavement [to face] the stress of intensive questioning”.

One source said: “The whole world is looking for this missing plane and the person who arguably knows most about the state of mind of the man who captained the plane is being left alone.”

Shah has become the primary focus after background checks concerning his co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, came up empty.

A source told Malaysia Chronicle: “There seems to be nothing in the life of Fariq Hamid to suggest a motive for hijacking.

“The personal life of Zaharie Shah, however, is far more complex and is in the process of being unravelled.”

His background is coming under closer scrutiny after it emerged he supported the recently jailed political opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim and that his marriage seemed to be under strain.

He was no longer in a relationship with Faizah but they still lived together with their children.

The hard drive of his flight simulator seized from his home was being examined. It emerged that programmes on it were deleted and that he used it to practise extreme landings, including on remote Indian Ocean islands, such as the US air base in Diego Garcia.

Another development, reported in the Mail on Sunday, was that investigators were examining reports of a two-minute call from a mystery woman Shah received before the plane took off.

The mobile phone number was allegedly obtained under a false identity. The Sim card was said to have been trace to a number in Kuala Lumpur.

The timing of the call intensified scrutiny on Shah to establish whether missing MH370 flight was involved in a hijacking attempt or a catastrophic accident.

Malaysian police denied the claims saying the paper has not been privy to details of the investigation.

A police spokesman said: “The Inspector-General of Police has never issued any public statement that categorically place the MH370 investigation under an act of terrorism.

“Please be advised that the Royal Malaysia Police take no responsibility over the dissemination of such information, which originates from unnamed and unverified sources.”

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

beautiful family
naturally anyone with a soul would be devastated, but wouldnt he WANT her to know why he did it instead of all this fuss and theories?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, gatagato, Kelseecat65
Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

The Malaysian and Chinese are having a war of words now..
Quote:

Hishammuddin made some barbed comments about the Chinese authorities at the end of the press conference, by suggesting that a false lead from Chinese satellite data had hampered the search.

Asked by a Chinese journalist why Malaysia had taken so long to release the satellite data from Inmarsat, he said: “Can I also remind you that we received satellite data from China involving ‘sightings’ in the South China Sea, which made us detract ourselves from the search and rescue to search areas we already searched, and it was found to be negative.”

In recent days Inmarsat developed a second innovative technique which considers the velocity of the aircraft relative to the satellite. Depending on this relative movement, the frequency received and transmitted will differ from its normal value, in much the same way that the sound of a passing car changes as it approaches and passes by. This is called the Doppler effect.

The Inmarsat technique analyses the difference between the frequency that the ground station expects to receive and one that is actually measured. This difference is the result of the Doppler effect and is known as the Burst Frequency Offset.

The Burst Frequency Offset changes depending on the location of the aircraft on an arc of possible positions, its direction of travel, and its speed. In order to establish confidence in its theory, Inmarsat checked its predictions using information obtained from six other B777 aircraft flying on the same day in various directions. There was good agreement.

While on the ground at Kuala Lumpur airport, and during the early stage of the flight, MH370 transmitted several messages. At this stage the location of the aircraft and the satellite were known, so it was possible to calculate system characteristics for the aircraft, satellite, and ground station.
During the flight the ground station logged the transmitted and received pulse frequencies at each handshake. Knowing the system characteristics and position of the satellite it was possible, considering aircraft performance, to determine where on each arc the calculated burst frequency offset fit best.

The analysis showed poor correlation with the Northern corridor, but good correlation with the Southern corridor, and depending on the ground speed of the aircraft it was then possible to estimate positions at 0011 UTC, at which the last complete handshake took place. I must emphasise that this is not the final position of the aircraft.

There is evidence of a partial handshake between the aircraft and ground station at 0019 UTC. At this time this transmission is not understood and is subject to further ongoing work.

No response was received from the aircraft at 0115 UTC, when the ground earth station sent the next log on / log off message. This indicates that the aircraft was no longer logged on to the network.

Therefore, sometime between 0011 UTC and 0115 UTC the aircraft was no longer able to communicate with the ground station. This is consistent with the maximum endurance of the aircraft.

This analysis by Inmarsat forms the basis for further study to attempt to determine the final position of the aircraft. Accordingly, the Malaysian investigation has set up an international working group, comprising agencies with expertise in satellite communications and aircraft performance, to take this work forward.

The new analysis I have described above was convincing enough for the AAIB to brief the Prime Minister that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth. Within a few hours, the families had been informed, and the Prime Minister announced the new development to the world.

As the Prime Minister stated, this type of analysis has never been done in an investigation of this sort.

There remains more work to be done, and we are grateful to Inmarsat, AAIB and the international investigations team, who are continuing to work with the Malaysian authorities. This is a developing situation, and as soon as we know more, we will share it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...b06d6b8ecbf488

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

who protects malaysia?

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

I agree with 'TwistedSisterr'; enough of the bullshit!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Clubhouse, gatagato, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-26-2014, 02:01 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post

who protects malaysia?
Um...Baracco Barner!

TwistedSisterr
Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

I know this is a horrible tragedy, but, I wish they'd wait until they find something to announce it.

It's getting ridiculous every day hearing about what might have been found.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, gatagato, invertigo, Kelseecat65, Pyramid_Head, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I know this is a horrible tragedy, but, I wish they'd wait until they find something to announce it.

It's getting ridiculous every day hearing about what might have been found.
Exactly, it's very irresponsible to announce something like this prematurely. It's only going to make it worse on the family's if it turns out to be something else and not the plane.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-26-2014, 12:09 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity