Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Malaysia Airlines Says It Has Lost Contact with Its Flight f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
It would be interesting to know the results of the voice pattern checks, they must have 100's of hours of the Captains voice in flight record vaults...Was it the Captains or co-pilots voice?

The press conference has confirmed the last voice heard was that of the co-pilot..Its still being analysed for any stress patterns.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
BBKF, gatagato, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
The press conference has confirmed the last voice heard was that of the co-pilot..Its still being analysed for any stress patterns.
That makes it even more suspect. Given the captain's experience and the amount of time he spent as a pilot, it would be strange indeed to think that he was an extremist plant.

The co-pilot, on the other hand, had tens of thousands less hours of flight time than the Captain IIRC. If it was an inside job, I'd lay money on the co-pilot being involved before I'd suspect the captain.

This has hostage situation and/or nuke delivery written all over it. This isn't just vanished wreckage like that French flight from a few years back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Pyramid_Head, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
That makes it even more suspect. Given the captain's experience and the amount of time he spent as a pilot, it would be strange indeed to think that he was an extremist plant.

The co-pilot, on the other hand, had tens of thousands less hours of flight time than the Captain IIRC. If it was an inside job, I'd lay money on the co-pilot being involved before I'd suspect the captain.

This has hostage situation and/or nuke delivery written all over it. This isn't just vanished wreckage like that French flight from a few years back.
I completely agree. I'm putting my money on the co-pilot, but the captain could have been in on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kelseecat65
Old 03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

[QUOTE=ak74;4157525]point being,, u wrote " Iranian dudes are all Al-Qaeda recruits"

Iran has fuck all to do with Al-Qaeda, Iran hates Al-Qaeda as much as the west, if not more then the west]

When I said "What if the co-pilot & two Iranian dudes are all Al-Qaeda recruits"

I was not referring every Iranian on the planet, just these two.

Just because al-Qaeda is out of Iran does not mean shit. Having 2 Iranian men with stolen passports, who paid cash for tickets and happen to be on a plane that disappears is reason enough to question their beliefs/motives.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Pyramid_Head, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

[quote=Kelseecat65;4157668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak74 View Post
point being,, u wrote " Iranian dudes are all Al-Qaeda recruits"

Iran has fuck all to do with Al-Qaeda, Iran hates Al-Qaeda as much as the west, if not more then the west]

When I said "What if the co-pilot & two Iranian dudes are all Al-Qaeda recruits"

I was not referring every Iranian on the planet, just these two.

Just because al-Qaeda is out of Iran does not mean shit. Having 2 Iranian men with stolen passports, who paid cash for tickets and happen to be on a plane that disappears is reason enough to question their beliefs/motives.
It most certainly does.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Kelseecat65, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

I think aliens abducted the plane.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
durt, gatagato, Kelseecat65
Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Olivia
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:46

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 9973 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18903
Malaysia Flight /Over a Week Gone

Anybody have opinions on what is going on?

The search for the missing Malaysian Airlines jet is showing a new emphasis on areas near Australia with more search planes scouring the region.

Australia is sending two P-3 Orion and one C-130 aircraft to aid in the search effort and a U.S. P-8 aircraft is traveling to Perth, Australia, to help in the hunt.

Australia is coordinating the search in the southern Indian Ocean. The decision for Australia to take the lead was suggested by Malaysia Prime Minister Najib Razak.

“In assuming overall responsibility for coordinating the search effort in the southern Indian Ocean, Australia is preparing to work with assets from a number of other countries, including surveillance aircraft from New Zealand and the United States,” Australia Prime Minister Tony Abbott said in a statement.

Malaysia officials released maps showing the northern and southern corridors where search crews are looking for a missing Malaysia Airlines plane, March 17, 2014.

The hunt for the plane that disappeared more than a week ago with 239 people aboard has defied efforts by more than two dozen countries to unravel the mystery or find any evidence of the Boeing 777 jetliner.

The effort has been compounded by confusing, at times seemingly contradictory statements by Malaysian authorities who are in charge of the search since the plane disappeared shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing.

A news conference in Malaysia this morning regarding the timing and sequence of events in the cockpit included two officials giving seemingly contradictory statements about a critical point: When the plane’s data transmission system known as ACARS was shut down.

Malalysia's transport minister said Sunday and again today that they know ACARS was turned off before someone in the cockpit spoke with Malaysia air traffic controllers as the plane left Malaysian air space. "All right, good night," the person said, giving no indication that anything was wrong with the plane or in the cockpit. Those words were spoken minutes before the plane's transponder was turned off.

Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said today that the plane’s co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, was likely the person who answered the air traffic controller.

Yahya also said they don't know when exactly the ACARS system stopped. He said there is a window of 30 minutes between the final ACARS transmission and an expected transmission 30 minutes later that never came.

After ACARS and the transponder stopped transmitting, the plane continued to ping satellites for up to seven hours. Those pings identified the plane’s possible last location along corridors to the north or south.

The southern corridor would have taken the plane over open water to a point off Australia's western coast where it would have run out of fuel and crashed into the Indian Ocean.

Other countries are searching the northern route, but that area includes nations whose radar would have likely picked up a sign of the plane, and there have been no reports of the plane being spotted on radar.

The investigation has also focused on the plane's pilots and Malaysian authorities said they are looking at a YouTube video that appears to show the plane's pilot Capt. Zahari Ahmad Shah, 53, going through airport security. The video has not been authenticated and it's not clear if it is on the day flight MH370 vanished.

Investigators combed through the captain's home over the weekend confiscating two laptops and his home flight simulator. He had once proudly posted a video of the simulator on YouTube.

A close friend of the captain, Peter Chong, told ABC News that he was a "tech geek" who simply loved to fly.

"To be able to buy things off the counter and set up his own flight simulator is something he's proud of," Chong said.

He was a member of Malaysia's opposition political party and the party's leader Anwar Ibrahim had been recently jailed. Although Zahari Shah was photographed wearing a T-shirt that stated, "Democracy is dead," Chong said his friend is not an extremist.

Another friend, Chris Nissen, 57, from Oregon, said he has known the captain for 18 years.

"I can't imagine him doing anything to hurt himself, passengers, the property... It really hurts when people would even suggest something like that," Nissen said.

During today’s press conference, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein refuted reports that Malaysian authorities had not been working directly with the FBI.

“Not true … I’ve been working with the FBI from day one,” he said.

The search operation for the plane now involves 26 countries, covering land in 11 countries as well as deep and remote oceans.

Source: ABC NEWS 3/17/2014

Old 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: Malaysia Flight /Over a Week Gone

Alien abduction is my theory, a mix of Close Encounters of the Third Kind and the Bass Strait UFO case: Valentich Disappearance

But seriously I feel this is pilot suicide, sabotage or a hijacking gone wrong. I also wouldn't rule out crew error or mechanical problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss10967

There's already a tread.

Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head
Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Anybody have opinions on what is going on?

The search for the missing Malaysian Airlines jet is showing a new emphasis on areas near Australia with more search planes scouring the region.

Australia is sending two P-3 Orion and one C-130 aircraft to aid in the search effort and a U.S. P-8 aircraft is traveling to Perth, Australia, to help in the hunt.

Australia is coordinating the search in the southern Indian Ocean. The decision for Australia to take the lead was suggested by Malaysia Prime Minister Najib Razak.

“In assuming overall responsibility for coordinating the search effort in the southern Indian Ocean, Australia is preparing to work with assets from a number of other countries, including surveillance aircraft from New Zealand and the United States,” Australia Prime Minister Tony Abbott said in a statement.

Malaysia officials released maps showing the northern and southern corridors where search crews are looking for a missing Malaysia Airlines plane, March 17, 2014.

The hunt for the plane that disappeared more than a week ago with 239 people aboard has defied efforts by more than two dozen countries to unravel the mystery or find any evidence of the Boeing 777 jetliner.

The effort has been compounded by confusing, at times seemingly contradictory statements by Malaysian authorities who are in charge of the search since the plane disappeared shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing.

A news conference in Malaysia this morning regarding the timing and sequence of events in the cockpit included two officials giving seemingly contradictory statements about a critical point: When the plane’s data transmission system known as ACARS was shut down.

Malalysia's transport minister said Sunday and again today that they know ACARS was turned off before someone in the cockpit spoke with Malaysia air traffic controllers as the plane left Malaysian air space. "All right, good night," the person said, giving no indication that anything was wrong with the plane or in the cockpit. Those words were spoken minutes before the plane's transponder was turned off.

Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said today that the plane’s co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, was likely the person who answered the air traffic controller.

Yahya also said they don't know when exactly the ACARS system stopped. He said there is a window of 30 minutes between the final ACARS transmission and an expected transmission 30 minutes later that never came.

After ACARS and the transponder stopped transmitting, the plane continued to ping satellites for up to seven hours. Those pings identified the plane’s possible last location along corridors to the north or south.

The southern corridor would have taken the plane over open water to a point off Australia's western coast where it would have run out of fuel and crashed into the Indian Ocean.

Other countries are searching the northern route, but that area includes nations whose radar would have likely picked up a sign of the plane, and there have been no reports of the plane being spotted on radar.

The investigation has also focused on the plane's pilots and Malaysian authorities said they are looking at a YouTube video that appears to show the plane's pilot Capt. Zahari Ahmad Shah, 53, going through airport security. The video has not been authenticated and it's not clear if it is on the day flight MH370 vanished.

Investigators combed through the captain's home over the weekend confiscating two laptops and his home flight simulator. He had once proudly posted a video of the simulator on YouTube.

A close friend of the captain, Peter Chong, told ABC News that he was a "tech geek" who simply loved to fly.

"To be able to buy things off the counter and set up his own flight simulator is something he's proud of," Chong said.

He was a member of Malaysia's opposition political party and the party's leader Anwar Ibrahim had been recently jailed. Although Zahari Shah was photographed wearing a T-shirt that stated, "Democracy is dead," Chong said his friend is not an extremist.

Another friend, Chris Nissen, 57, from Oregon, said he has known the captain for 18 years.

"I can't imagine him doing anything to hurt himself, passengers, the property... It really hurts when people would even suggest something like that," Nissen said.

During today’s press conference, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein refuted reports that Malaysian authorities had not been working directly with the FBI.

“Not true … I’ve been working with the FBI from day one,” he said.

The search operation for the plane now involves 26 countries, covering land in 11 countries as well as deep and remote oceans.

Source: ABC NEWS 3/17/2014

"Alright, goodnight"

That doesn't seem right, normally a pilot would acknowledge with the flight number and the new frequency when entering a new airspace.