Go Back  

Boy's Girlfriend Urges Him to Kill Himself! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: Boy's Girlfriend Urges Him to Kill Himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
Some of you passing judgement, with one wishing gang rape and death on the girl, with a superficial reading of the situation.
I don't know if you're talking about me. But when I said I'd want to break her neck, I don't mean I'd kill her.

I only meant I think she has some responsibility for it. And I would blame her for not telling anyone, and for seemingly supporting his suicide.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:32 PM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:163
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6038

If that IS what she said, then she is culpable in his suicide. He was seeking advice/help, in his mixed up mind and she could have encouraged him to get help. Instead she encouraged him to go through with the suicide. I hope she really thinks about her part in his death because she IS guilty.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, Pigeon, Spiritual
Old 09-01-2015, 02:52 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
Some of you passing judgement, with one wishing gang rape and death on the girl, with a superficial reading of the situation.
I said take her out. That could mean a wide range of things. Beat her down, take her out to dinner, ruin her socially.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20142 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Wow. You read that much different than I.

To me it seemed he was very unsure about doing it. Was worried about how it would effect his family, and was scared.

To me it seemed like she was holding him to it. Like he said he felt like doing it and she was like "that's a great idea" and she was pushing him to do it.

If that was your son, would you thank her for what she did? Or would you want to break her neck for what she did?
here is the thing...i no longer agree completely with my previous post (i had a long debate about this story with my wife, is why).....so, while i dont (now) fully agree with all her actions, i dont think she is guilty of manslaughter.

she did offer to get him help....and he had attempted suicide prior to this, so his family was aware that he had history of these thoughts. the point is, there was a better way to handle this situation, however, i dont think there is enough evidence here to say that she wanted to kill him. we are getting the media's take on this (the article my wife read didnt post all of the texts....so my wife had no idea that the girlfriend had even mentioned getting him help nor did she realize the GF was offering to take emotional care of the family afterwards....so what else are we not getting because of sensationalist media sources?) and we arent getting the full story or even the story from the beginning.

if it were my son, i would be more focused on why i personally didnt do more for him, considering the fact that the young man in question had previously had a suicide attempt?

i've had a couple friends kill themselves, had my wife be suicidal, have had a close friend lose their spouse to suicide and have been suicidal myself.....that, obviously, doesnt make me an expert on anything (nor am i implying that) but i bring it up because this is a topic i have thought a lot about. just to be clear to everybody that my comments werent meant to be 'edgy' and they werent just a 'knee jerk' reaction to a story (not that you implied that either...i just want to be clear on this particular topic ).

BBKF, FredFlintstone, morbid75, Vedderman
Old 09-01-2015, 09:25 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
here is the thing...i no longer agree completely with my previous post (i had a long debate about this story with my wife, is why).....so, while i dont (now) fully agree with all her actions, i dont think she is guilty of manslaughter.

she did offer to get him help....and he had attempted suicide prior to this, so his family was aware that he had history of these thoughts. the point is, there was a better way to handle this situation, however, i dont think there is enough evidence here to say that she wanted to kill him. we are getting the media's take on this (the article my wife read didnt post all of the texts....so my wife had no idea that the girlfriend had even mentioned getting him help nor did she realize the GF was offering to take emotional care of the family afterwards....so what else are we not getting because of sensationalist media sources?) and we arent getting the full story or even the story from the beginning.

if it were my son, i would be more focused on why i personally didnt do more for him, considering the fact that the young man in question had previously had a suicide attempt?

i've had a couple friends kill themselves, had my wife be suicidal, have had a close friend lose their spouse to suicide and have been suicidal myself.....that, obviously, doesnt make me an expert on anything (nor am i implying that) but i bring it up because this is a topic i have thought a lot about. just to be clear to everybody that my comments werent meant to be 'edgy' and they werent just a 'knee jerk' reaction to a story (not that you implied that either...i just want to be clear on this particular topic ).
I'm not sure she deserves a manslaughter charge either. But I know there's laws (in some states at least) where you're obligated to help someone in life threatening situations as long as it doesn't endanger your life. Like if you see someone bleeding out on the sidewalk, you can be charged with a crime if you just walk by without calling 911.

I think she should be charged with something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 09-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Spiritual
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:756
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss686

"I would never leave you. You’re the love of my life, my boyfriend. You are my heart. I’d never leave you."

Yeah. Sure, bitch.
In some way I'm sorry for her. Now her photo and name are of public domain and she will forever be known by everybody around as the bitch that pushed her boyfriend to commit suicide. Even a criminal should have some privacy. But I don't know. Maybe this is what you get for being such an evil person. Was she romanticizing suicide or something like that? Why would you want your boyfriend to do that?

She's a psychopath, for sure! Did some digging and she evidently texted friends two days before saying he was missing while talking to him at the same time. She played the role of a grieving girlfriend while trying to push him off the cliff. SOCIOPATHIC PSYCHO in big neon lights.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritual For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, Pigeon
Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 AM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20142 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I'm not sure she deserves a manslaughter charge either. But I know there's laws (in some states at least) where you're obligated to help someone in life threatening situations as long as it doesn't endanger your life. Like if you see someone bleeding out on the sidewalk, you can be charged with a crime if you just walk by without calling 911.

I think she should be charged with something like that.
in my state, they actually have a law against 'promoting' a suicide attempt, so by law....her actions would be illegal in my state regardless of my feelings about it.

Quote:
RCW 9A.36.060
Promoting a suicide attempt.

(1) A person is guilty of promoting a suicide attempt when he or she knowingly causes or aids another person to attempt suicide.

(2) Promoting a suicide attempt is a class C felony.

[2011 c 336 § 360; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.36.060.]
i want to say that she wasnt being malicious...but...i do agree that she should have done more to get him help. perhaps she did and we just dont know about it but, that's not very likely i dont think.

BBKF
Old 09-02-2015, 04:08 AM
Muertaluna
Offline:
01101000 01101001
Poster Rank:925

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssssss485

My first sons father took his own life, I would NEVER encourage anyone to do that unless they had a terminal illness and only months to live. This chick is a fucking evil bitch- how can you love someone and just let them slip away?

Old 09-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Xtatic
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1426
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss249

What a bitch. I would have made it a murder suicide. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xtatic For This Useful Post:
Bloodhound76, Oswald2001
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
in my state, they actually have a law against 'promoting' a suicide attempt, so by law....her actions would be illegal in my state regardless of my feelings about it.

i want to say that she wasnt being malicious...but...i do agree that she should have done more to get him help. perhaps she did and we just dont know about it but, that's not very likely i dont think.
I was also 'assuming' she may have had a little munchausen by proxy going on in a quest for sympathy. But as I stated in my reply to you she is very young and technically not an adult able to rationalize as an adult would. Who is to say what she thought she was doing was not the right thing? I initially looked at it from a parent's perspective and know if that had been a similar situation with my son I would have been outraged but maybe it would have been misplaced anger. It was not the best decision and if she is not a sociopath I imagine she will feel some lifelong guilt.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, kellyhound, Oswald2001