Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140
The Boy Obama Ate Dog.

Much has been made about Mitt Romney, in 1983, putting his family dog Seamus in a kennel on top of his roof and driving from Boston to Canada, with said canine Seamus making his displeasure known in a rather scatological way.

Democrats have signaled they have every intention of making sure the American people — especially dog-lovers — know the tale. In January, senior Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod tweeted a photo of the president and Bo in a car, with the snide observation: “@davidaxelrod: How loving owners transport their dogs.”

The Romney campaign signaled Tuesday night that they are not about to cede any ground when it comes to a candidate’s odd past with man’s best friend.

And the Obama campaign shot back, with a spokesman suggesting the Romney team was attacking a child, since the Obama act in question took place when he was a kid.

The Daily Caller noted that in President Obama’s best-selling memoir, “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance,” the president recalls being fed dog meat as a young boy in Indonesia with his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy),” the president wrote. “Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”

After his mother married Soetoro, Obama lived in Indonesia from 1967 until 1971, from roughly the age of 6 through 10.

The discovery that the president had eaten dog meat prompted wise-cracks on twitter (hashtag — #ObamaDogRecipes) and this tweet from Romney strategist Eric Fehrstrom, who re-tweeted Axelrod’s original message with a different take on the picture of the president and Bo.

“@EricFehrn: In hindsight, a chilling photo,” he wrote.

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt tweeted in response: “@BenLaBolt What’s the next attack @EricFerhn and the RNC will surface on a 6-10 year old?”

Democrats and supporters of the president’s forcefully took to twitter Tuesday night and Wednesday morning to challenge the notion that Obama as a boy eating food given to him by his stepfather could be compared to actions Romney took as an adult. Republicans pushed back, saying that the dog-eating tale underlines how any discussion of dogs at a time of massive unemployment, with troops in harm’s way, is silly.

The Seamus story was discussed again Monday when Ann Romney told Diane Sawyer that “the dog loved” traveling that way. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”

Certainly kinder than eating him. Or so the Romney campaign’s argument now goes.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmikeymike For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: The Boy Obama Ate Dog.

Who cares who ate what.... Does it really matter?

Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 AM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:538
Weener

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Yes it does

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 AM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

In some places around Asia they've pretty much created a breed of dog to be consumed as meat and not as a companion, just like cattle.

Personally, I would never eat dog, fuck that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47, rob666
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

The Liberal media in the US and political campaigns in general both suck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
hambone
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
The Liberal media in the US and political campaigns in general both suck.
From an outsiders POV, its fucking hilarious how overly serious the yanks are with their politics, religion and anti-buttsex laws in the making.

Its like watching a dog in a straight jacket flop around trying to lick its own arse.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
hambone, Rackas321, TheCapn
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM
GFX-707
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1381
M

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss261

Hunger is the best sauce.

The Following User Says Thank You to GFX-707 For This Useful Post:
hambone
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Weatherly
Offline:
I'm made of sugar
Poster Rank:49
female

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 5045 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17846

What does this have to do with Republican's trying to take away women's rights, give tax breaks to the wealthy and all of the other backhanded greedy shit they do.. Oh and does this make Romney less of a liar.. who wants to get rid of housing for the poor?

Yeah, I thought not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weatherly For This Useful Post:
Rackas321, rob666, smackem
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Weatherly:
hambone
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikeymike View Post
Yes it does
How? Why?

Trillions of dollars in debt, contributed to by both Party's, millions of people jobless, 2 wars that are going nowhere, and the issue of debate is whether its worse to eat a dog in Indonesia as a child or put the Family dog on the roof of your car in a crate on a Family Vacation.

Fucking sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
smackem
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 AM
hambone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1062

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss384

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyGuts View Post
What does this have to do with Republican's trying to take away women's rights, give tax breaks to the wealthy and all of the other backhanded greedy shit they do.. Oh and does this make Romney less of a liar.. who wants to get rid of housing for the poor?

Yeah, I thought not.
i will never take you seriously with a name like that. ( not like mine is much better! LOL) but no seriously politics are dumb and it looks like twitter is like the political version of myspace for adults.... lets argue online so the whole world can see us say fucked up things that don't really have any weight in reality and we cant take it back cause we didn't think before we opened our stupid resentful over-reacting mouths ----or pressed enter.... w/e you prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
How? Why?

Trillions of dollars in debt, contributed to by both Party's, millions of people jobless, 2 wars that are going nowhere, and the issue of debate is whether its worse to eat a dog in Indonesia as a child or put the Family dog on the roof of your car in a crate on a Family Vacation.

Fucking sad.
i was unemployed once. you know what i did? I WENT OUT AND GOT A JOB. just because you cant find a job that you want doesn't mean there isn't work someone will pay you to do. bite the bullet and stop sucking the government's tit. song comes to mind - Dr. Dre- Bitch Ni****

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hambone For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Dynamo47, rob666