Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741
Re: Bolivia | Mob Buries Teen Rape Suspect Alive, Next to Body of His 'Victim'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
You should NEVER trust it, ffs , i don't want to promote mob justice.
But sometimes, even knowing for certain that one is indeed the rapist or the molester or the killer, you are unable to prove it in front of a court, because the only witness is dead, that's the why. At this point, you should think about the relatives of the victim, and about what they can do in order to get some justice.
You can't sentence to 30 years some dude just because a woman claims to have been raped, but on the other hand you can't ask to taxpayers to pay for the survival of the multitude of convicted pieces of shit forever.
Or FREE him just because his lawyers will prove that the sight of the whitness is not very good, that the victim was used to behave like a whore and so on.
When the truth falls into the hands of sharks like those, then the relatives of a victim have no longer hopes to find the truth.
Once proven guilty, the consequences for their life should be life-altering, not just eating pasta and watching tv24/7. And cost free.
I understand all that you are saying. I understand the overwhelming desire for justice. It burns deep in your soul. Not just as a victim, but as the mother of a victim. But never can I condone what was done as the mother of three sons.

If even one innocent man was murdered in the name of justice like that, then the word Justice would be forever tainted and a boy's family would be deeply harmed, just like the girl or woman and her family. Not only that, a real rapist would be allowed to go free.

After my daughter's rape I managed to bring her safely through it. I got her to the hospital, and then I brought her to counseling IMMEDIATELY. Six months later she was so strong that she gave a speech to her English class on the rape. But I was destroyed by it and thus began my PTSD relapse, the worst one I had ever experienced. I almost died four times.

It began with the earnest desire to kill the young man who raped my daughter. I almost bought a gun. One day my daughter and I stood in front of them and considered our options. We chose the high road, we bought an air gun and a big jar of pellets and a lot of targets. We went home and shot up those targets for months. We shot a lot more when the police decided not to prosecute the rapist.

We can only hope that karma will kill him. I know as a Marine he was likely sent to war at some point. I do believe that he will be judged by God in the end and found guilty. I have let it go, after all my daughter is stronger now than she was before, and my life is better now than it was seven years ago.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, Lana-Banana, TwistedPrincess
Old 06-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Lana-Banana
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:189
Artful Dodger

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3831 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhOLapbNwaST! View Post
I wholeheartedly agree on death for all rapists and molesters. I don't agree to torture, it puts us on their level, it makes us monsters too. As I am a rape and molest survivor, and the mother of a rape survivor, I have more than the average person to bring to this conversation.

I also absolutely insist on KNOWING FOR CERTAIN that they are indeed the rapist or molester. Because witness testimony has recently proven to be uncertain, only DNA proof will do for a death penalty.

I do not trust mob mentality. I'm willing to bet that mothers have lost innocent children to that.

Sorry but just read about this now

The Following User Says Thank You to Lana-Banana For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

hopefully they didn't get it wrong. there are some situations where it is quite obvious who did it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, diamondsmiles, gatagato
Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

I like the indigenous courts, they are run by calm men applying fair rules. It's the mob mentality and vigilante system that is fucked up. When crowds run amok, crazy shit happens. That 17 year old boy was only a "possible" suspect named by the police, the investigation was not even finished. *sigh* I DO hope he was the rapist.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, TwistedPrincess
Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

does anybody else find it weird that they buried him with the woman's coffin? I wouldn't want some fuckin rapist (much less the rapist who raped me) buried with me. I guess they were trying to make a point or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, diamondsmiles, gatagato
Old 06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPrincess View Post
I am not trying to sound like the highly educated and knowledgeable person although my opinion will appear that way to most people. I watched the video and in my opinion, some of those people should be buried alive just for their ridiculous head gear.

I'd like to be the head of, "Stupidity Police," to slap people who don't use turn signals, throw lit cigarettes on grass, although I'd prefer they'd not throw them on the ground at all, people who dont wash their hands between handling money and food, and just those little every day annoyances the police are needed for crime

People who direct children across busy streets from the other side when you can see they are obviously scared, in the middle of streets when a traffic light or stop sign is nearby, get kicked in the ass

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, gatagato, TwistedPrincess
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana dick View Post
does anybody else find it weird that they buried him with the woman's coffin? I wouldn't want some fuckin rapist (much less the rapist who raped me) buried with me. I guess they were trying to make a point or something.

I do, but, Hell, they got him and it the family was ok with it, I'm ok

They should, however, make sure he's not a necrophiliac!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, TwistedPrincess
Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5491

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhOLapbNwaST! View Post
I like the indigenous courts, they are run by calm men applying fair rules. It's the mob mentality and vigilante system that is fucked up. When crowds run amok, crazy shit happens. That 17 year old boy was only a "possible" suspect named by the police, the investigation was not even finished. *sigh* I DO hope he was the rapist.
Thank you for sharing your VERY sad story; luckily you are a strong woman.
A Policeman deciding not to prosecute a rapist, here, is sentencing himself to death, no matter the cops involved are two, five, ten, or their rank is lieutenant, colonel or general: they know that after doing that they'll either die or they'd better to move to another galaxy. If you rape and/or kill a woman, a child or some elderly person here, then you have to WISH that police catches you before me or anybody else, trust me. We don't beat them to death, don't bury/burn them alive , we don't behead them. But believe me when i say to you that their last five minutes are NOT exactly cool.
In the name of human rights we are unlocking the doors of our houses to the worst of the shit, and bear in mind that your country will take MUCH more care of the attacker than of the victim. Believe it or not. Italy, France and Spain are already fucked up, UK is the only hope that we have in Europe, and as you can see it's not very easy for them, maybe they've already lost the battle.
Anyway, long story short: IF one rapes my daughter (i have no sons afaik only nephews, it's just an example) then there's no Jesus Christ in this world who would be able to stop me from doing what i have to do to the culprit. Nobody in this world could stop me from doing to him whatever i want. It's my right, period, fuck the laws.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10543

As long as he was truly the perp, no problem.

This type of thing can easily go off the rails because people get their bloodlust up, want a quick resolution to a problem, want somebody/anybody to pay, find the easiest scapegoat, settle long standing scores, etc.

Mobs are not particularly well known for clear thinking.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, diamondsmiles, gatagato, TwistedPrincess
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

I held my husband, sons, and her friends back from doing what they wanted to do. An exhausting job btw. I told them these things over and over and over again: more than she needs him dead, she needs YOU, with her, comforting her, telling her that she is still a young woman of worth, assuring her that he did not take away her virginity because that is a gift that can only be GIVEN. Telling her that you love her and no one and nothing can change that.

If you do anything to him, you WILL be caught and sent to prison where you cannot help HER. When you go to prison she WILL FEEL GUILTY AGAIN. She already feels guilty about the rape, (we women are taught to feel guilty for our own rapes you know). Then she will be guilty for your imprisonment. Your family will be without a husband and father, she will feel guilt for this. There will be no income, more guilt. Hunger? Homelessness? More guilt.

And this IS about her and what she needs to get through this, not you and what you want to feel good. This rape is not about you and your chattel or your lack of power in protecting your daughter that night. This is about your daughter's need to be assured that you still love her. If you go on ranting about 'him' and the rape and what you want to do, you will continue to make her feel dirty, you will continue to make her feel guilty, you will lose her.

I was fortunate that I had a husband and sons who listened to me, and because they did, so too did the young men who were my daughter's friends. My daughter's psychologist was a close personal friend of mine. She was not covered by our insurance, but I trusted her implicitly so I was going to pay out of pocket. She was a survivor of molest and I knew that she would understand the complex emotions that my daughter was going through best. My church picked up the tab on it for six months. I did my best to make my daughter feel strong again. My husband did his best to make her feel as loved and worthwhile a young woman as she really was. Her brothers and her friends treated her normally, but loved her extra. And that is why she came through strong.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, TwistedPrincess