Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276
Re: Black Teens Shout ‘Hey White Boy’, Beat and Attempt to Kill White Lifeguard

Racism six ways from Sunday.
The word 'nigger' actually has a usage alert on Dictionary.com

Quote:
The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. The senses labeled Extremely Disparaging and Offensive represent meanings that are deeply insulting and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. It is so profoundly offensive that a euphemism has developed for those occasions when the word itself must be discussed, as in court or in a newspaper editorial: “the n-word.”
Despite this, the sense referring to a “black person” is sometimes used among African Americans in a neutral or familiar way. The sense referring to other victims of prejudice, especially when used descriptively, as to denounce that prejudice, is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments —but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.
I guess the 'f-word' has been dethroned.

30564U, diamondsmiles, Oswald2001
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 AM
adhartz
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1586
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss211

Diamondsmiles Everything you said is so true. I grew up in a very small rural area and can distinctly remember the first time I saw/realized I was looking at a person whose skin was a different color than everybody I had ever seen before. This "negro" lady was so polite and understanding of my young age and naivete that she politely explained that we were both people but still the same while my mother was trying her best to hide under the restaurant table.

Today's politically correct society puts a knot in my stomach. I can say with confidence that at least once a month I will be at a store or parking my car only to have a youth of different ethnic background cut me off and if I am so bold as to shoot them "the look" be informed that "you oua niggas now bitch".

I cannot say times have changed for the better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adhartz For This Useful Post:
30564U, diamondsmiles, winvens
Old 08-31-2014, 01:56 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhartz View Post
Diamondsmiles Everything you said is so true. I grew up in a very small rural area and can distinctly remember the first time I saw/realized I was looking at a person whose skin was a different color than everybody I had ever seen before. This "negro" lady was so polite and understanding of my young age and naivete that she politely explained that we were both people but still the same while my mother was trying her best to hide under the restaurant table.

Today's politically correct society puts a knot in my stomach. I can say with confidence that at least once a month I will be at a store or parking my car only to have a youth of different ethnic background cut me off and if I am so bold as to shoot them "the look" be informed that "you oua niggas now bitch".

I cannot say times have changed for the better.
My mother watches, "The Waltons," and, "Bonanza."

On recent episodes of both, racism was touched on. One black family on the, "The Waltons," who adopted a runaway black boy who was hiding in The Waltons' barn and wanted to live with them. He was sent with the black family because, "He needed to know that there were differences and things only other black people would understand." He was played by a very young, Todd Bridges.

On, "Bonanza," a women's group refused to have an opera singer perform when they realized he was black. I forget how they changed their minds, but, of course, it worked out well in the end.

The point was, Ben Cartwright made a comment to the effect that, "Hopefully, we won't need guns to settle our differences."

Boy! How wrong he was!

I think we have a problem with the crowd mentality sometimes, even if it's 4 or 5 kids beating on 1 other kid.

I live in Philadelphia, PA, and it's getting worse every day. People are so desperate, they are beating up and killing innocent children in the crossfire. They are preying on the elderly and people in wheelchairs or those who are mentally challenged. Nothing but a bunch of cowards!

Do I have an answer? No. I don't. There are also a lot more crazy people out there with no grasp on reality.

When I was in school, we called the parents Mr. or Mrs. Brown. We never knew their first names.

If one offered you a ride home, we'd get there. The bigger kids looked out for we smaller kids, as I believe it should be.

I wish things could go back to those good old days. We still have some of the old school black families where the women dress to the nines for church every Sunday and are very respectful, and we do have some nice neighborhood boys.

But, the criminal minds come into all neighborhoods, even if you live in a secured complex. I have no words. I wish there was an answer, but, I don't know what it is.

There are always 3 sides to every story. The perp, the victim, and the truth. Courts can only go with what they have. Parents don't know what their kids do when they are not there.

This, a point, brought to me in the ER one night by a black mother of two teen boys. The news was on and there was a crime involving a black teen boy.

She said she had to work. She had no choice and her sons' father or fathers, were not in the picture. She knew they were not angels, but, could only hope and pray for the best and that she taught them right from wrong. It really is a sad reality.

I thank you for your opinion. You are new to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
30564U, adhartz, Metal Mike
Old 08-31-2014, 01:57 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Racism six ways from Sunday.
The word 'nigger' actually has a usage alert on Dictionary.com

I guess the 'f-word' has been dethroned.
Hey! How are you, invertigo? Haven't seen you on in a long time! I hope all is well.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:349
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss2122

Dance puppets dance

Old 08-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss51381

It annoys me how the media love reporting white on black crime and making the victims seem saints yet black on white is pretty much not mentioned.

BBC are totally bias and are anti-white, anti-Israel, you name it as they are so PC and one-sided.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Oswald2001
Old 08-31-2014, 11:26 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
It annoys me how the media love reporting white on black crime and making the victims seem saints yet black on white is pretty much not mentioned.

BBC are totally bias and are anti-white, anti-Israel, you name it as they are so PC and one-sided.

In the US, I blame jackson and sharpton!

Yes, there was real racism, mostly in southern states, before any of us were born. To bring that and slave issues up today, have nothing to do with anyone living today. At least, I am pretty sure.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
unity.png  

injustice.png  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
adhartz, Sharon
Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post

Well, with all that Britain has given America throughout the course of history, doesn't it feel nice to receive something back from us?

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Sharon
Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1919

I'd be mad too if I had pubic hair on my head...

The Following User Says Thank You to petedeamon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-02-2014, 10:44 PM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts