Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Billy the Kid Photograph Fetches $2.3 Million at Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Yeah, and he was still nothing more than a thief and a murderer. His story was told and retold, and before long it was mostly fiction. The writters gave him credit for kills he never made, and lied about who he was. Same as Ned Kelly, he was nothing but a murderer, drunk, and a horse thief but history has made him into a hero. The only truth behind his story was the suit of armour and his final words, the rest is all romantic bullshit.
Yeah,the worship of Ned Kelly makes me ill.As Paul Hogan said,"He was a mug with a bucket on his head." If you go to Glenrowan it has the tackiest animatronic display of Ned's antics ever made.And windy ol' bore Marcus Clarke devoted PAGES to this ass clown in his history of Australia,(which stops at 1945 & was written a good while after that!)while Federation & WW2 get barely a mention. Go figure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drusilla For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, smackem
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
smackem
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:6
Io ti amo teneramente Kelly Jo

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 10319 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 15/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss69306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
Yeah,the worship of Ned Kelly makes me ill.As Paul Hogan said,"He was a mug with a bucket on his head." If you go to Glenrowan it has the tackiest animatronic display of Ned's antics ever made.And windy ol' bore Marcus Clarke devoted PAGES to this ass clown in his history of Australia,(which stops at 1945 & was written a good while after that!)while Federation & WW2 get barely a mention. Go figure.
Didn't know who Ned Kelly was, reading up now.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
Federation?? What the fuck is federation? Hahahaha I know more about American civil war history than Australia's federation. I'll bet that most so called proud aussies don't even know what year it happened, and what it meant. I never learned of our history in school, they only ever taught American history. Shit, i thought Pearl Harbour was in the Northern Territory until i started high school, that's how much American bullshit was rammed down our throats.
I was brought up thinking Ned Kelly was a hero, hearing about how he and his family were constantly harassed by the police. The reason for the harassment was never given to me, i had to research it for myself. He and his family were scumarses, thieves, murderers, and deserved what they got. They preyed on honest workers, not criminals, but yet history seems to want to overlook this plain fact.