Go Back  

Bill O'Reilly Fails At Science and Becomes a Meme - You Can't Explain That! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:967
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Bill O'Reilly Fails At Science and Becomes a Meme - You Can't Explain That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfChock View Post
An Aussie that believes in God... I bet you keep it quiet lest you look like a nut!
LOL! Certainly we're a far more secular country than the US(I guess when you're founded by convicts rather than puritans you're gonna care less about the Big G than they do-heh!)and we don't have even a fraction of the amount of religious super-zealots (tho' we've our fair share-Fred Nile was one such loony) but so far noone's given me too much grief. I've met other people like me who can't get with the program of being either total atheists or blathering 'god did everything' that the happy-clappers espouse.Basically I like to think there is some sort of intelligent consciousness that runs through the universe that connects to those intangible qualities like music,art,love etc that make us conscious beings and whose functions aren't so easily explained by biology or adaption.But I realise this position is entirely philosophical and I have no proof whatsoever for this position and in the end gotta go the evolution/science angle above all else . But why religious types find evolution so threatening is weird to me.And they need to quit using religious texts to 'teach' science.It's like using a motor vehicle manual to hold communion.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:00 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
Basically I like to think there is some sort of intelligent consciousness that runs through the universe that connects to those intangible qualities like music,art,love etc that make us conscious beings and whose functions aren't so easily explained by biology or adaption.But I realise this position is entirely philosophical and I have no proof whatsoever for this position and in the end gotta go the evolution/science angle above all else . But why religious types find evolution so threatening is weird to me.And they need to quit using religious texts to 'teach' science.It's like using a motor vehicle manual to hold communion.
Congrats, you're officially agnostic!

Now you have to ask yourself if the possible God would possibly be smart enough to realise you're simply sitting on the fence, and thus trying to scam him!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
This is the problem with people today. He has been a reporter since the sixties. He was inbedded in vietnam at the berlin wall when it fell. A reporter for CBS ABC Hard Copy. Now he has a opinion show where he reports news.
I still don't think you see whats wrong with this, which makes me think it isn't just a simple error.......... which is scary.
And the really great thing bout this is you can't edit it lol........ so from now on ill just bump this up whenever you start thinking your smart again.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
All he is doing in this video is defending his religious beliefs, and he's right no one can explain how we got here, how are planet became inhabitable or where Jimmy Hoffa is. I don't agree really with oreilly that Adam and Eve started it all but billions of people around the world believe some sort of religious fairy tales so why single out him?
The problem here is that we can explain the moon, and Bill's to ignorant to watch Hawking and learn.
Bill also needs to realize that every star is a sun, and last week it was reported that there is an estimated 500 million planets in the milky way that are the distance possible to sustain life.
There is water on Jupiters moon Europa, and evidence of water on mars at one time.
I don't know how or why everything is either, but at least I'm open to learning.......... Bill thinks he has the answers, and hes to ignorant to even try to learn.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:12 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I still don't think you see whats wrong with this, which makes me think it isn't just a simple error.......... which is scary.
And the really great thing bout this is you can't edit it lol........ so from now on ill just bump this up whenever you start thinking your smart again.
Because I forgot a comma? That's all you got on me and you think that means something. I think it shows just how stupid you are. I know you think I said he was in Vietnam at the Berlin wall, but if you put a comma after Vietnam and looky there, means something different don't it. And not knowing is not knowing. Just because you read someone's book or a show that makes sense to you doesn't make it real. Just a guess, and if it turns out to be false and you bought it guess you're in the same boat as religion. I on the other hand have respect others beliefs on the unknown, because its unknown who are any of us to say others are wrong. You prove your personality by attacking someone on something you don't have answers for either, just like all your post dumbass. You're all self righteous ass doesn't know why we're here, no one does, and I have no idea why you're talking about stars. You misunderstand much? Appears that way, you mince others words until they match you're point.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25847

You want to get a heated covo started just talk about politics or religion.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
SnowBun
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:497
female

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1277

Quote:
You're a fucking dick.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM
SnowBun
Offline:
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1277

Quote:
Because I forgot a comma? That's all you got on me and you think that means something. I think it shows just how stupid you are. I know you think I said he was in Vietnam at the Berlin wall, but if you put a comma after Vietnam and looky there, means something different don't it. And not knowing is not knowing. Just because you read someone's book or a show that makes sense to you doesn't make it real. Just a guess, and if it turns out to be false and you bought it guess you're in the same boat as religion. I on the other hand have respect others beliefs on the unknown, because its unknown who are any of us to say others are wrong. You prove your personality by attacking someone on something you don't have answers for either, just like all your post dumbass. You're all self righteous ass doesn't know why we're here, no one does, and I have no idea why you're talking about stars. You misunderstand much? Appears that way, you mince others words until they match you're point.
I was going to write that on my comment, because I had no problem understanding what you wrote, or that it was just a missing comma, but I settled for austerity and just called him a dick.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
SnowBun
Offline:
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1277

Quote:
The problem here is that we can explain the moon, and Bill's to ignorant to watch Hawking and learn.
Bill also needs to realize that every star is a sun, and last week it was reported that there is an estimated 500 million planets in the milky way that are the distance possible to sustain life.
There is water on Jupiters moon Europa, and evidence of water on mars at one time.
I don't know how or why everything is either, but at least I'm open to learning.......... Bill thinks he has the answers, and hes to ignorant to even try to learn.
Thats bullshit, nobody is too ignorant to learn, and he's a very intelligent person. You don't know what he has read, and everything Stephen Hawking theorizes, is just that, a theory, they are not proven.

NOTHING is proven when it comes to the creation of the universe. Guess you are too ignorant to know that.

Not that you'd understand a fucking thing he writes

Also I'm quite certain he 'realizes' the sun is a fucking star, even retards like you know that.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBun View Post
NOTHING is proven when it comes to the creation of the universe. Guess you are too ignorant to know that.
Well, actually a whole lot is proven about it. We know how old it is, from where it originated, and the vast majority of what it's made of.

I say 'know' because it's indisputable, just like evolution, gravity, and relativity.