Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: The Biggest Gang in America is Above the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
i truly hope that every one of you who think that a cop killing someone simply for resisting their urge for power has a relative killed for the same thing.....i'm pretty sure your tunes would change pretty fucking quickly.....
That's ridiculous.

First the cops didn't set out to kill this man. His death only happened because of health issues and resisting arrest. Was the cops actions too aggressive, probably. But most objective people I've seen or have talked to can agree, if his health wasn't so bad he would have not even needed medical attention.

What would you have the police do to someone who refuses to be arrested? Stand there and negotiate for hours? If that was the case our police would spend hours at every call negotiating with criminals to put their hands behind their backs.

You're choosing to see this event as twisted as possible.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:50 PM
thckoitin
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:446
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1467

Where I live, police would negotiate for hours before killing anyone. But here people respect other people's life. Police is not starting everything with drawing their guns (guns are very common here, almost everyone can have a permit).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thckoitin For This Useful Post:
commondenom, Mr Poo
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I realize he was selling single cigarettes. But that's not his crime. Selling illegal cigarettes is. The cigarettes he was selling allegedly were black market. Meaning there was no tax stamp on them. I've noticed you're wrong a lot.. That tends to happen when you rely on far left media.

Facepalmer
How can one prove a cigarette was black market if you sell them on at a time? The stamp is on the bottom of the plastic of the pack. It's not illegal to take the plastic wrapping with the sticker off the pack. Unless selling a single cigarette quantifies as a black market transaction due to there being no stamp regardless of the actual cigarette.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by thckoitin View Post
Where I live, police would negotiate for hours before killing anyone. But here people respect other people's life. Police is not starting everything with drawing their guns (guns are very common here, almost everyone can have a permit).
Shit.. Officers in California seem to be more respectful than other states I've visited, or seen videos of them in action.

It's easy to generalize police officers though, in reality every individual is different. That's why I don't dislike or disrespect the police, but it's also why I feel they should be punished for any wrong doing without a get out of jail free card..

If you fucked up as a civilian or an officer, then you face punishment like anyone else, no special treatment by the justice system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
commondenom, thckoitin
Old 12-06-2014, 07:09 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

Quote:
Unfortunately in most major urban, metropolitan areas in the US people have very little regard for respect for each other, much less the police.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:11 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss8005

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
That's ridiculous.

First the cops didn't set out to kill this man. His death only happened because of health issues and resisting arrest.

wrong...he died because he was choked to death for resisting arrest...it's very simple, he was alive albeit with health issues until he was choked to death...

cops are cops only....not judge jury and executioner as so many of them seem to think

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
thckoitin
Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 PM
thckoitin
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:446
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Unfortunately in most major urban, metropolitan areas in the US people have very little regard for respect for each other, much less the police.
That's just sad.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

Quote:
That's just sad.
It is.. But like I said, law enforcement is an evolving entity, that adapts too the environment they serve.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:53 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
How can one prove a cigarette was black market if you sell them on at a time? The stamp is on the bottom of the plastic of the pack. It's not illegal to take the plastic wrapping with the sticker off the pack. Unless selling a single cigarette quantifies as a black market transaction due to there being no stamp regardless of the actual cigarette.
I don't know all the rules of it. I just know that's what he was being arrested for. And has been arrested like 6 previous times for.

New York has a high cigarette tax, and from what I gather New York enforces the cigarette tax vigorously. They have to pay for all those public Union pensions somehow.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:55 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
wrong...he died because he was choked to death for resisting arrest...it's very simple, he was alive albeit with health issues until he was choked to death...

cops are cops only....not judge jury and executioner as so many of them seem to think
Actually you're wrong. He was not choked to death. That's not what they released. They didn't say he died from strangulation.