Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: The Biggest Gang in America is Above the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
As far as this bullshit "I can't breathe" well...he couldn't, but it was no one's fault but his own. Comply with officer's instructions...why's that so hard to understand?

Get real. This was over selling loosies, not a major criminal act. You take someone down that's an immediate danger to themselves or others, not selling loose cigs. There's appropriate responses to situations. This was heavy handed to make an example that they're tough on crime. Don't blame his physical condition. Don't blame his refusal to be obedient and resist. Nothing he could have done merited this action besides being guilty of contempt of cop. This shit has to stop every time a cop feels disrespected. Respect works two ways. Nowadays nobody want's to trust or even call the cops. Chances are you'll become the victim.
Totally agree..

Do you see officers putting people in choke holds and taking them down for an arrest on every simple misdemeanor ticket? Hell no. If cops did that to everyone for things like jaywalking and littering, people would have a revolt.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
sunairco
Old 12-05-2014, 10:49 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
As far as this bullshit "I can't breathe" well...he couldn't, but it was no one's fault but his own. Comply with officer's instructions...why's that so hard to understand?

Get real. This was over selling loosies, not a major criminal act. You take someone down that's an immediate danger to themselves or others, not selling loose cigs. There's appropriate responses to situations. This was heavy handed to make an example that they're tough on crime. Don't blame his physical condition. Don't blame his refusal to be obedient and resist. Nothing he could have done merited this action besides being guilty of contempt of cop. This shit has to stop every time a cop feels disrespected. Respect works two ways. Nowadays nobody want's to trust or even call the cops. Chances are you'll become the victim.
What all the anti-police folks just can't seem to understand is that the initial crime is totally irrelevant once the bad guy resists arrest. He could have been contacted for jaywalking or littering and when he resists and fails to comply with the officers instructions then the officer, by law, may use any reasonable force necessary to affect the arrest. It matters less than zero why officers initially contacted the bad guy. When he resists, then that's the new crime, and the goal is to get him in custody...period. If you don't like the law as it currently is written, then petition lawfully to change the law. Your extremely neive if think this guy didn't basically commit suicide. He was a career criminal.

The Following 2 Users Disliked 30564U For This Post:
commondenom, thckoitin
Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Quote:

What chances? Let's be honest. Your chances of being victimized by police is probably less than %0.001. Unless you break the law.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:17 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Let's not forget although his crime was a minor one. The cops probably knew this guy from numerous other arrest. And they knew this just ain't some guy caught making a mistake. He was a habitual criminal.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Let's not forget although his crime was a minor one. The cops probably knew this guy from numerous other arrest. And they knew this just ain't some guy caught making a mistake. He was a habitual criminal.
That may be true, although selling a single cig to someone asking for one isn't much of a criminal offence. I don't know if you could make the argument it adds to his habitual criminal demeanor..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
sunairco
Old 12-05-2014, 11:46 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
That may be true, although selling a single cig to someone asking for one isn't much of a criminal offence. I don't know if you could make the argument it adds to his habitual criminal demeanor..
I think his crime was selling black market cigarettes.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:02 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss8012

fucking assholes who think that you deserve to die for not listening to a pigs orders....

the cop was over the top as so many are, strangled a guy to death....i hope he loses his job, has nightmares for the rest of his life and spends years behind bars....just like any murderer

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
sunairco
Old 12-06-2014, 12:16 AM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

So. We're back to disrespect and contempt of cop according to 30564U. Just shut your mouth, comply, passivly submit and grovel and all will be fine. Just lay down in the mud if told to, don't as much as even touch the shirt of the officer (Gee that's violence and battery if you even take the pen to sign your ticket). If you're old or have physical problems, just drop to your knees immediately and assume the position with your ass up in the air and your hands behind you to be cuffed. Smile as you're body is lifed by a single limb and gets disassociated and your face is bloodied by being smashed into the pavement or side of the vehicle for no other reason then the officer to show you he's the man. So, it's not about the alleged crime or detainment. It's now about non-compliance or fast enough. It's about alleged officer safety long after they have you subdued. It's about not complying to a lawful order, interfering with an investigation, or delaying an officer. It's all about the fucking power trip and intimidation that you're challenging. Just imagine if we did this day to day with workers and management in positions above us. We're not animals in a pack with Alpha heirarchies. We're socialized human beings having to now deal with an institutionalized sociopathy and psychiopathy and a legal street gang of miscreants that can't function in normal society but have been given this temporal power to abuse us. This isn't what law enforcement was supposed to be about. It's now morphed to legalized extortion feeding a privatized leagal/incarceration aftermarket complex based on revenue generation. So we've allowed ourselves to be reduced to pawns in a fascist system that the Staatspolizei would have been proud of. In other words, If you turn out to be innocent, you have nothing to be worried about.

The founding fathers must be rotating like tops in their graves.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 12-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I think his crime was selling black market cigarettes.
He was selling a loosie.. AKA a single cig to someone who asked for one.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:24 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss8012

Quote:
It's all about the fucking power trip and intimidation that you're challenging.
bingo....