Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098
Re: Bieber May Be a Daddy! Paternity Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Which is correct: I could care less or I couldn't care less?

The expression I could not care less originally meant 'it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all'. It was originally a British saying and came to the US in the 1950s. It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966. The question is, something caused the negative to vanish even while the original form of the expression was still very much in vogue and available for comparison - so what was it? There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less.
I learned that in my Journalism I class. The term "couldn't care less," indeed, is more widely used, although it is, technically, incorrect. It's kind of synonymous with "I don't know nothing." Double negatives are, as we know, incorrect, yet they are fairly acceptable in some forms of collequial and most forms of vular English. My point is: he/she corrected me even though he/she had no basis to do so. So I thought it would be right decent to point this out, so this person, hopefully, would not continue to set people in the right direction when they're arealdy moving in the right direction.

Thanks for that bit of history, btw.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 AM
BrownRock
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:939

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss473

She's just trying to get that Bieber money. @ "He wanted to fuck the shit out of me".

Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

It must be cool as fuck knowing you will never have money worries at such a young age, but I bet he doesn't realise how easy he has or will have it, and anyone that says I am fucking jealous would be completely correct.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
DollHead
Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

The supposed son:

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
BeiberBaby_1403101a.jpg  

Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 PM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

This case is starting to get really weird. She already has a high profile legal team representing her. They now have brought in a very high media profile legal expert; Jeffery Leving. What's strange here is this guy's major cred is father's rights. For somebody in his position, this is career suicide if they loose the case over a DNA test and a supposed mentally unstable chick with a documented record of already tried to pin the kid on two other guys. Who's paying for this? No way would a high profile law firm take this on contingency this far and hire an expert like Leving unless they know they could win. Worse yet, if she loses, Beiber's lawyers can sue all of them in civil court.

She's suddenly cleaned up her act and giving interviews showing that she's now been highly coached in interview conduct and how to effectively present their side of the case.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:611
Female

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

A while ago someone posted videos of this troll who freaks out on people who mocks beiber....I kinda hope he has a heart attack during this little event

Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 PM
nHalexHale
Offline:
Poster Rank:1904
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

Justin bought me crack, got me all cracked out, and then raped me!

Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Pogrom
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:511
Male

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1206

I fucking hope its true! That's enough ammo to blast his career! Hopefully!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:33 AM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:876
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
I learned that in my Journalism I class. The term "couldn't care less," indeed, is more widely used, although it is, technically, incorrect. It's kind of synonymous with "I don't know nothing." Double negatives are, as we know, incorrect, yet they are fairly acceptable in some forms of collequial and most forms of vular English. My point is: he/she corrected me even though he/she had no basis to do so. So I thought it would be right decent to point this out, so this person, hopefully, would not continue to set people in the right direction when they're arealdy moving in the right direction.

Thanks for that bit of history, btw.
She. I was correcting you based on what I was taught whilst studying English language and literature. It's also a phrase I tend to use on a semi-regular basis, over in the Land of the Angles, birthplace of this particular idiom. Where folks talk weird 'n' all:)

Old 11-10-2011, 10:45 AM
nHalexHale
Offline:
Poster Rank:1904
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

Hahah wouldn't it be nice if it IS true.. god he would be the kick of the next 2 years on CNN.