Go Back  

Is Belgium About to Release Its Most Infamous Paedophile Marc Dutroux? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5486
Re: Is Belgium About to Release Its Most Infamous Paedophile Marc Dutroux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Well, they've already let his wife go. And if you read this article http://http://www.independent.co.uk/...d-8091716.html

it shows she was involved enough that she shouldn't be free now. She let two of her husbands victims starve to death in his makeshift dungeon while he was in prison for some other more minor crime. I don't care that she is with nuns and allegedly doing penance. She could have saved at least two lives. She didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux His wiki is pretty interesting.
That's pure madness indeed: Belgians were FURIOUS as she was freed, her lawyers managed to pass her off as a passive culprit of Dutroux, and this was (surprisingly) taken into account.
Thus, paradoxically, that's a reason more to keep the man in jail, as the less she's considered guilty, the more he automatically must be.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Belgium seems to view prison punishment lightly, compared to the rest of the world. Hell, if you escape from prison in Belgium and at least send the prison uniform back, you will have no time added to your sentence when/if you are found.
For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if they allow him to go to house arrest. Belgian people tend to dislike foreigners and don't like being told what to do. BTW I lived there for almost two years, not long, I know, but long enough to learn what life is like there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
That's pure madness indeed: Belgians were FURIOUS as she was freed, her lawyers managed to pass her off as a passive culprit of Dutroux, and this was (surprisingly) taken into account.
Thus, paradoxically, that's a reason more to keep the man in jail, as the less she's considered guilty, the more he automatically must be.
"Passive culprit" just like Karla Homolka.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

They both showed no respect for human life. Multiple lives. As far as I'm concerned, neither should be allowed to walk free.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, gatagato, kellyhound
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5486

Quod erat demonstrandum...

Dutroux must stay in jail, court rules

Quote:
Said to be the most hated man in Belgium, convicted child killer Marc Dutroux was refused an early release from prison on Monday

The former electrician was jailed for life in 2004 for the abduction, kidnap and rape of six teenage girls and the murder of four of them.

A court in Brussels rejected Dutroux’s personal plea for the right to finish his sentence at home with an electronic tag.

Last August, his former wife Michele Martin, who was jailed alongside Dutroux, was allowed to serve the remainder of her sentence in a convent.

Their crimes stunned Belgians as they’d both previously been released on good behaviour for the rape of five young girls a decade earlier.

Many Brussels residents strongly agreed with the court’s decision.

“A man like that should not even get away with his life. Everything he did was unacceptable. It’s unforgivable, “ said one woman.

Another said: “We must enforce the law for all citizens. So if Marc Dutroux has not been released, I guess our judges have complied with the law and court did its jobs, by reinforcing his sentence.”

Gülsüm Alan, our correspondent in Brussels said:

“In the coming months, Dutroux is likely to return to court with a stronger case for outright parole, without being electronically tagged. Worried that he may walk free, his mother’s warned against his release saying her son was “a repeat offender in his soul.”
http://www.euronews.com/2013/02/18/b...l-court-rules/
Not even his mom wants to see him walking free, fancy that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Megamel29
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM
jinhwangtikatang
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:913

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss501

Anyone know about the real story behind this ? The people he collected kids for ? He's a man with friends in high places. I think he'll be out within 5 years with a new identity and a good payoff for keeping his mouth shut. Free to do it all again.