Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Before Shots of Cannibal & Victim in Miami Mauling

MIAMI (AP) - It is being called one of this city's goriest crimes: A naked man was on top of another nude man along a busy highway, biting into the man's face, tearing it to pieces. A police officer arrived to help, but the mauler growled at him and continued to chew away, stopping only when he was shot to death.

Miami police said little Tuesday about the attack, which took place Saturday afternoon in the shadow of The Miami Herald headquarters. Surveillance video from the newspaper's security camera showed cars, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicyclists passing by.

The victim, identified as 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, was in critical condition, with only his goatee intact on his face, the newspaper reported.

Sgt. Javier Ortiz, vice president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, said it was one of the bloodiest "and goriest scenes I've ever been to."

"It was not only grotesque, it was just very sad, the amount of blood. It was very sad to see what happened to this gentleman that had his face eaten," Ortiz said.

It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene, 31, to attack Poppo. Eugene's ex-wife, Jenny Ductant, told WPLG-TV, said he was somewhat paranoid.

"I wouldn't say he had mental problem but he always felt like people was against him ... No one was for him, everyone was against him," she told the station. She and Eugene's mother declined comment when reached by The Associated Press.

Larry Vega was riding his bicycle off the causeway, which connects downtown Miami with Miami Beach, when he saw the attack.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" Vega told Miami television station WSVN ( http://bit.ly/L6kwWt ). "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

Vega flagged down the Miami police officer, who can be seen exiting his car on the Herald video. Vega said the officer repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off. Eugene just picked his head up and growled at the officer before continuing to maul his victim, Vega said.

The officer shot Eugene, but he just kept chewing, Vega said. The officer fired again, killing Eugene.

Vega refused to comment when reached by The Associated Press, saying he wanted to put what he witnessed behind him.

Detective William Moreno would not release details about the shooting, citing the ongoing investigation. The Miami-Dade County medical examiner declined to provide any information until after the autopsy, which was scheduled for Tuesday.

Ortiz said the officer, who is part of a crisis intervention team and trained to deal with the mentally ill, had no choice but to fire.

"He's clearly shaken up," Ortiz said, adding that the officer had been administratively reassigned pending an investigation, as is standard after an officer-involved shooting.

After the shooting, the Herald's video zooms in on the scene. Most of it is blocked by an overpass, but two sets of uncovered legs can be seen. One set never moves, while the other twists and turns as if the person is in pain.

"It was just a blob of blood," Vega said. "You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place."

Court records show that Poppo has several arrests for public intoxication.

According to Miami-Dade court records, Eugene had been arrested for multiple misdemeanors, mostly marijuana-related charges. The most recent arrest was in 2009. The Herald reported that he played football at a Miami area high school in the late 1990s.

Ives Eugene, who identified himself as Rudy Eugene's uncle, described his nephew as a "nice and hard-working" man who washed cars at a local dealership.

He said his nephew had asked his girlfriend to borrow her car, but she said no. "So he rode the bicycle, and he never came back home," he said.

Attached Images

Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss1282
Re: Before Shots of Cannibal & Victim in Miami Mauling

He (Eugene) has a wierd throat beard. Bad sign of things to come.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curvature For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, whoreofbabalon
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
NaTaS
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:892
I am a Meat popsicle

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss519

So, who wants to play the game "Guess That Drug!"?

The Following User Says Thank You to NaTaS For This Useful Post:
alpha.first.one
Old 05-29-2012, 11:52 PM
blacklily
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1757

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss181

Ok I get why the suspect was naked, but why was the victim naked?

The Following User Says Thank You to blacklily For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
KKSki
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1080
Lady Rainacorn

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss374

AFTER PHOTO::

The Following User Says Thank You to KKSki For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklily View Post
Ok I get why the suspect was naked, but why was the victim naked?
That is what I keep asking. How did his pants fall off or disappear? Perhaps they were baggy and got ripped from him while trying to escape or in the fight. Homeless...probably didnt have underroos...hell if I can put that piece to the puzzle unless they were both on it and he just got eaten before he finished undressing.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvature View Post
He (Eugene) has a wierd throat beard. Bad sign of things to come.

And so they did!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Weirdo freaky bastard.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

I posted his hospital pic over in the Death Pictures area. Go there to see them!

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
lroy10
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 AM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

They said on tv they believe he (the psycho one) was on some crazy drug that is basically bath salts. Anyway supposedly this drug makes your body unable to control its temperature causing your body to cook on the inside making the person go insane...