Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Battle Begins: U.S. Launches Strikes Against ISIS Near Baghdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Obama should have left troops in Iraq. He screwed up in thinking the most important thing of his presidency was to end the war. Now that decision is possibly his biggest mistake as president. I've never thought we would have a president who's word is shit.
He said Iraq was ready for us to leave. He said we're leaving a sovereign stable Iraq. Wrong.
He boasted about pulling our troops out of Iraq. He was really proud of himself for it.
And when isis began pummeling the Iraqis he changed his tone. Now saying he wanted to leave a residual force but Iraq refused. Wrong. He made sure the deal wasn't made.
He called the Syrian opposition teachers and dentist several months back. Today he's claiming these people are who will fight isis for us.
And he says no US ground forces. Anybody want to make a bet that he sneaks a few thousand in there. There's already several hundred.
I don't want American forces back in there necessarily. But we may have no choice, if we want this group stopped. Ground forces are the only way to stop them.
I think America should reestablish the draft. It's not fair the same families do all the sacrificing.
Wow...I'm impressed that you were actually able to quantify President Dumbass' biggest mistake. It seems like every time he opens his mouth...he makes a big mistake.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

I dont see how ISIS can be defeated from the air alone? Unless USA go Hiroshima on Iraq. Which wont be good for anyone.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49352

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhartz View Post
America should have never invaded Iraq in the first place. There is absolutely no way for a western culture to understand the making of a middle eastern society and the tribal conflicts that have gone on in the region for centuries. To us it is barbaric, middle age mentality but that is their choice and apparently it works for them. When they bring it onto our soil, then we stomp it out before it takes hold. The 9/11 attacks were traced directly to Afghanistan/Pakistan and that is as far east as we should have brought the fight, instead Bush saw the opportunity to carry out his personal revenge in Iraq and went for it. As a result we are still in Afghanistan and have lost hundreds of lives both our military and civilians trying to play catch up for the time and resources wasted on Bush's temper tantrum against Hussein. Now this incompetent idiot in office is launching air strikes while simultaneously fellating tomorrows extremist groups.
human rights violations are not considered an acceptable 'well... that's just how they do things over there' way to run a state.

also, let's not forget the fact that ISIS is committing genocide:

Quote:
any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
... and according to The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG) that was adopted by the UN (of which, the US is a part of), we are mandated to act in preventing and punishing genocidal actions.

Bush didnt throw a 'temper tantrum'... he was sticking with US policy. the The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 says clearly:

Quote:
The Act found that between 1980 and 1998 Iraq had:

committed various and significant violations of international law,
had failed to comply with the obligations to which it had agreed following the Gulf War and
further had ignored resolutions of the United Nations Security Council.
The Act declared that it was the Policy of the United States to support "regime change." The Act was passed 360-38 in the U.S. House of Representatives and by unanimous consent in the Senate. US President Bill Clinton signed the bill into law on October 31, 1998. The law's stated purpose was: "to establish a program to support a transition to democracy in Iraq." Specifically, Congress made findings of past Iraqi military actions in violation of International Law and that Iraq had denied entry of United Nations Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) inspectors into its country to inspect for weapons of mass destruction. Congress found: "It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
....so people that are upset about our dealings with Iraq need to ask Clinton and the previous Bush 'why?' first. The US was wrong to allow Hussein to stay in power after it attacked Kuwait.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Which may be part of the reason for the Iraq war. Bush knew well that his dad made a mistake by not marching on Bagdad during desert storm.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 09-16-2014, 08:14 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Wow...I'm impressed that you were actually able to quantify President Dumbass' biggest mistake. It seems like every time he opens his mouth...he makes a big mistake.
That's not true. Sometimes when he opens his mouth he lies.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 09-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49352

Quote:
Which may be part of the reason for the Iraq war. Bush knew well that his dad made a mistake by not marching on Bagdad during desert storm.
do you think it was a personal action though? wouldnt that be close to a war crime, if not a full blown war crime, using military force for one's own political or personal gain?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Obama should have left troops in Iraq. He screwed up in thinking the most important thing of his presidency was to end the war. Now that decision is possibly his biggest mistake as president. I've never thought we would have a president who's word is shit.
He said Iraq was ready for us to leave. He said we're leaving a sovereign stable Iraq. Wrong.
He boasted about pulling our troops out of Iraq. He was really proud of himself for it.
And when isis began pummeling the Iraqis he changed his tone. Now saying he wanted to leave a residual force but Iraq refused. Wrong. He made sure the deal wasn't made.
He called the Syrian opposition teachers and dentist several months back. Today he's claiming these people are who will fight isis for us.
And he says no US ground forces. Anybody want to make a bet that he sneaks a few thousand in there. There's already several hundred.
I don't want American forces back in there necessarily. But we may have no choice, if we want this group stopped. Ground forces are the only way to stop them.
I think America should reestablish the draft. It's not fair the same families do all the sacrificing.

If you voluntarily join the military it is fair the same families do the sacrificing, that's exactly what they signed up for. Not to mention, what would the point be in that? Lets just waste time and money training people who don't want to be there, to fight a war without ground troops that they don't believe in. We can train them, then have them sit around at military bases.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
The job getting done will exceed humanitarian's standards. And to be honest, we may have to go barbaric ourselves and slam babies against tree trunks-

before it is really done.
Fuck it..

Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20