Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520
Re: Baby Dies After 3 Year Old Sister Tried to Change His Diaper

mrm knows what a Sheetz is, but, I don't. We are in different areas of Pennsylvania.

I figured most states had similar stores.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Amy, BBKF, mrm1109
Old 12-16-2013, 01:01 AM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

I only had one child, so I cannot relate. I was so overprotective that I never left my son with anyone. I was fortunate to be able to stay home with him until pre-school. For those of you that have more than one child...do you love the first child more? I always wondered what it would have been like to have another child.

The Following User Says Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKF View Post
I only had one child, so I cannot relate. I was so overprotective that I never left my son with anyone. I was fortunate to be able to stay home with him until pre-school. For those of you that have more than one child...do you love the first child more? I always wondered what it would have been like to have another child.
For me it isnt that I love her more, I just know her better. I have been around the oldest for 16 years....she is old enough to make the adult connection with in a sense, so the connection is deeper with her. I will have the same with them one day though, for now their personalities are still rapidly chaning. Now I think we all have our favorites, that's just the nature of the beast. You click with the one that is the most like you and other things to the such.

BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 12-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566

I can't help but feel this was fairly avoidable. The entire time the toddler was trying to change the diaper and even went to lay down and fell asleep, plus the time the baby took to die is more than enough time for a parent to prevent a death. Sorry, but too much time past for the parent to be considered responsible. The parent(s) is/are to blame.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

This is so sad. This is one of the reasons I don't think I'll ever have kids. I have five nephews and four nieces and god forbid anything should happen to any one of them I don't think I could even handle that.

My sister just had a baby a few weeks ago. His older siblings like to help with him and hold him. But they help by, as others have said, bringing my sister a diaper or wipes or a pacifier, etc. And they know that if they want to hold him that an adult has to help and they have to be sitting down and they aren't left alone with him. I can see a toddler doing this because they want to help but they obviously don't realize how gentle you have to be. Also, it sounds like it was the plastic bag diapers are sold in that was left in the crib that caused the baby to suffocate. Is it possible the toddler wasn't even in the room when the baby moved and got the bag on his face? Either way this is so sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles