Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Re: Baby Dies After 3 Year Old Sister Tried to Change His Diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
that's my thought too. obviously, we dont know the whole situation but at that age, i kept a super close eye on my kids at that age... almost to the point of being paranoid about it
You have to. Never leave a little one upstairs unsupervised with a tiny one. If they are upstairs, your ass should be.

BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kanda444, Megamel29
Old 12-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

That being said, it only takes a moment or a small lapse in judgement, which we all have, for disaster to strike. No parent is perfect. Sadly there are times when something like this is the consequence to being to comfy in our routine. She probably thought the little one was asleep and went about her daily duties. They are sneaky. Poor baby.

Azimuth, BBKF, diamondsmiles, hooverj, Kanda444
Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20142 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
That being said, it only takes a moment or a small lapse in judgement, which we all have, for disaster to strike. No parent is perfect. Sadly there are times when something like this is the consequence to being to comfy in our routine. She probably thought the little one was asleep and went about her daily duties. They are sneaky. Poor baby.
exactly! it's horrible and tragic but it all boils down to complacency, as most accidents do. there are some tasks where complacency doesnt have such profound consequences.... being a parent isnt one of those tasks though. im just as guilty of it as anybody else, im sure...like you said, no parent is perfect (with this job, every mistake you make is potentially life altering for them ). sad story

Amy, BBKF, diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Keeper of the Cocks

Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
exactly! it's horrible and tragic but it all boils down to complacency, as most accidents do. there are some tasks where complacency doesnt have such profound consequences.... being a parent isnt one of those tasks though. im just as guilty of it as anybody else, im sure...like you said, no parent is perfect (with this job, every mistake you make is potentially life altering for them ). sad story
Yep. Parenting is a tough job.

diamondsmiles, Kanda444
Old 12-15-2013, 04:19 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Yep. Its not malicious or saying you think the child is evil but I have had several children of mates and even my nephew who to be honest when they were around 3 years old I would no way in hell leave them in a room by themself with a baby

The poor kid in this story was just trying to help I imagine. Kids can be rough with each other. I have no kids but I am at the age where most of my family and friends have kids. I would not consider any of us overbearing but a eye is kept on them at all times. all fucking times. Tragic case

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Amy, Azimuth, BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kanda444
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Children are never out of my sight when they are in my care. My oldest great niece is 9 and wants privacy and space.

I let her go in stores alone, but, I watch from outside because I know some prick could grab the money out of her hand. A bitch let go of a door almost hitting her in the face, and I was going to yell at her. My niece said it was alright, but, I didn't think it was.

I always hold the door, and I would be more careful with a child who may not think to grab it quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF
Old 12-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Keeper of the Cocks

Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

I would be nervous letting a 9 year old go into a store alone. I watch mine like a hawk. Too many creeps out there waiting to see a kid alone. I think my daughter was about 13 or 14 before I let her go in anywhere alone.

Not saying you are wrong, just that I am far too much of a nervous nancy to even give them that much roaming distance. :)

BBKF, diamondsmiles, Flaka, Megamel29
Old 12-15-2013, 09:21 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860
Re: Baby Dies After 3-Year-Old Sister Tried to Change His Diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
How does a mom deal with that emotionally?
Hmm, I been thinking about how to answer this for awhile now. Good question. If it was me, personally, I don't see myself dealing with it. I'd probably jump bridge off a bridge. But that's easy for me to say because I only have one kid. I dont have another I'd have to be there for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrm1109 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Keeper of the Cocks

Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1109 View Post
Hmm, I been thinking about how to answer this for awhile now. Good question. If it was me, personally, I don't see myself dealing with it. I'd probably jump bridge off a bridge. But that's easy for me to say because I only have one kid. I dont have another I'd have to be there for.
I have 4 and I think that if I lost any of them it would be the end of me. I cant even imagine having to take care of the child that killed the other either...even if on accident. There would be some huge resentment to work though. We are only human and as humans it is really hard to just "let go" of the whole issue.

BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
I have 4 and I think that if I lost any of them it would be the end of me. I cant even imagine having to take care of the child that killed the other either...even if on accident. There would be some huge resentment to work though. We are only human and as humans it is really hard to just "let go" of the whole issue.
I get what your saying. Even if it was accident it would be too hard. I have only one and can't have more so I'd really lose it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrm1109 For This Useful Post:
Amy, BBKF, diamondsmiles