Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Re: Baby Boy in ICU After Georgia Police Threw a Stun Grenade into His Crib

So someone went there and bought drugs and since no children were present and there were no sign of the 4 kids living there they didnt investigate any further into exactly who occupied the home?

That is fucked up to have a playpen at the front door of a drug house although I wonder if that was to keep the cops out or if it was a small residence or something and that was just where the playpen was. If it was being used as a blockade the parents should be charged in the childs injuries too.

Blu, CrunchyCripple, Kanda444, Kelseecat65
Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Blu
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:443
female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1474

Old 06-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
So someone went there and bought drugs and since no children were present and there were no sign of the 4 kids living there they didnt investigate any further into exactly who occupied the home?

That is fucked up to have a playpen at the front door of a drug house although I wonder if that was to keep the cops out or if it was a small residence or something and that was just where the playpen was. If it was being used as a blockade the parents should be charged in the childs injuries too.
Small residence or not, the general rule of thumb would be to keep your child's sleeping area as far away from any external doors as possible. It just seems like the safest common-sense approach to me. The fact that the parents were also aware of the drug activity in the house and still chose to use their kid's playpen as an apparent barricade doesn't help their case any.

Really, close enough to the front door to be blocking it seems like a really strange place to put a playpen either way. I'd love to see if the kid's parents have any criminal records themselves.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Amy, Kelseecat65, Megamel29
Old 06-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20133 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Small residence or not, the general rule of thumb would be to keep your child's sleeping area as far away from any external doors as possible. It just seems like the safest common-sense approach to me. The fact that the parents were also aware of the drug activity in the house and still chose to use their kid's playpen as an apparent barricade doesn't help their case any.

Really, close enough to the front door to be blocking it seems like a really strange place to put a playpen either way. I'd love to see if the kid's parents have any criminal records themselves.
they likely werent using it to block the door or the informant would have likely seen the child.

i agree that these were shit parents... but that doesnt mean that stun grenades should be indiscriminately thrown into a house because of a potential but unverified threat.

this story bothered me... i ended up having to talk to my father in law today and i mentioned this to him (he is a retired sheriff and was a sniper for county swat for awhile. he also was the dude that used the battering ram to breach doors for awhile, he's told me)... he to agreed that this was a poorly handled situation. he also noted that he bet the cops involved felt horrible, which i imagine is very true. he said that locally, no knock warrants are very hard to get because the county was worried about liability. he said that there would have to be the an active threat in order for a no knock warrant to be issued. that's just his words, so take it with a grain of salt. i have no idea how accurate that info really is since he's retired (and i dont trust him, let's be real here )

it's not like they meant to hurt a baby... they just acted hastily and somebody ended up getting hurt. since they are authority figures, they should assume responsibility for their actions and correct their mistake.

Amy, Darkest Angel, Kelseecat65, Megamel29
Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2030

Yeah, and fuck the parents for KNOWING that he was a meth dealer and bringing their kids into the mix anyway.

Oh, I forgot. They put the kids in the other room, while the deals were happening - so, they were safe.

I know it was hard times, their house burned down - but they made a bad judgement call. It just as easily could have been a bad drug deal and their kid could be in the morgue, full of bullets.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 06-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Crunchy was right, don't be doing illegal shit and you won't have this accidentally happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple
Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
Yeah, and fuck the parents for KNOWING that he was a meth dealer and bringing their kids into the mix anyway.

Oh, I forgot. They put the kids in the other room, while the deals were happening - so, they were safe.

I know it was hard times, their house burned down - but they made a bad judgement call. It just as easily could have been a bad drug deal and their kid could be in the morgue, full of bullets.
I would live in my car or a homeless shelter before I moved my kids in with meth dealers. Even I've got that much sense, and I don't even actually have kids.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, Kelseecat65
Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 AM
unicornranchhand
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3354

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss63

the entire family (i think 5 kids and mother) slept down stairs by the front door? they knew it was coming

Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

Thankyou. I saw this on facebook but didn't trust myself to post it after the last two facebook stories were fake.

This story breaks my heart. This family has no insurance to pay for this devastating injury. How could a police unit make such a horrible, tragic mistake??

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 06-03-2014, 02:54 AM
unicornranchhand
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3354

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss63

the state pays for child medical care, these people get welfare, food stamps and free medical care. if they are saying they dont, it's a lie

The Following User Says Thank You to unicornranchhand For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle