Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675
Re: Autism & the Mmr Vaccination...

I love how people who refuse to vaccinate 'cause it's so dangerous rely on herd immunity (everyone else being vaccinated) to protect themselves and their children from dangerous diseases. Of course, as anti-vaccination hysteria rises, said herd immunity is dropping and deaths from stupid fucking diseases like whooping cough are on the rise.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
Desensitisation, LadyCPlum, winvens
Old 06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:202

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4409

The whole vaccination FUD spread by those who don't understand how vaccines work and who rely on allegation rather than proof of correlation boggle my mind.

The only time you should not vaccinate your kid is if your kid demonstrates a severe reaction to a vaccine within the time that one expects an anaphylactic reaction to occur: 15 minutes to 2 hours, and that reaction has very predictable presentation.

Otherwise, vaccinating your kids is always a smart idea. The diseases you are minimising the chances of are far more lethal than many people realise, and IF (and there's no correlation at all to it, but IF) the occasional kid is autistic, that's a hell of a lot better than being dead. And autism can be worked with very effectively these days; my neighbour's kid fell into the autistic spectrum, and it showed when he was 3 years old. He's been in therapy since 3. He's now 9. Guess what? He's just as outgoing, bright, and happy as any other 9 year old with no issues at all now, because doctors recognised the condition, and he got the appropriate therapy to deal with it and make him grow appropriately.

Are there folks out there who have great immune systems that can keep them healthy without vaccination? Yes, there are some folks who are that lucky - and they are in the minority. You have to be damn luck to have innate immunity that strong. The rest of us have to rely on specific immunity, and that is only generated once the body has been exposed to either the disease itself and generates the antibodies, or the vaccine with the saccharides/proteins from the original disease in a disabled form that then stimulates the body to produce antibodies for that particular disease. Vaccines will NOT give you the symptoms of the disease; what they WILL do is challenge your immune system, and if your immune system is busy dealing with that and you happen to be exposed to another virus in the meantime, you'll be more likely to express symptoms of the new virus because you're immune-challenged at that time.

And vaccines don't weaken the immune system UNLESS you have an innate immunodeficiency to begin with, either from AIDS or from a couple of genetic/inherited diseases that screw around with immunity. Otherwise, vaccines strengthen the immune system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum, winvens
Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 PM
quetza
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1357
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss267

i also hope everyone realizes that the published stuff "linking" austism and vaccines that came out in 1998 and really started all this was one big lie. since then many further studies have never been able to link the two and all this crap is still going around because you have idiot celebrities like jenny mccarthy writing books and going on the tv saying its true

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quetza For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum, winvens
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 AM
civilizedisamyth
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3519
i'm an outie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss59

I know I'm going to get a lot of "fuck you's" from this but I truly give less than a single shit. MY son will be 3 in december, was talking, laughing, ahead of the curve in all ways UNTIL HE GOT VACCINATED!! Almost immediatly he started regressing and now is diagnosed as severely autistic, so:
1: take your "just now discovering weaker versions of autism" and stuff it squarely up your ass.
2: He has been having problems since he had his first round of shots at 18 months, so take that "showing up at age 3" and shove it right beside number 1.
3: any of you medical people that are urging everyone to get their children vaccinated, it is my sincerest hope that you meet a terrifying, brutal, SLOW end. NOTHING can be horrible enough to happen to you to even out all the misery you are trying to perpetrate just to keep the health care business fresh with long term patients. In other words, fuck off and die slow. Autism up to a rate of 1 in 50, and you just accept this? GOD, I wish I was face to face with you right now.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By civilizedisamyth:
LadyCPlum
Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
quetza
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss267

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilizedisamyth View Post
I know I'm going to get a lot of "fuck you's" from this but I truly give less than a single shit. MY son will be 3 in december, was talking, laughing, ahead of the curve in all ways UNTIL HE GOT VACCINATED!! Almost immediatly he started regressing and now is diagnosed as severely autistic, so:
1: take your "just now discovering weaker versions of autism" and stuff it squarely up your ass.
2: He has been having problems since he had his first round of shots at 18 months, so take that "showing up at age 3" and shove it right beside number 1.
3: any of you medical people that are urging everyone to get their children vaccinated, it is my sincerest hope that you meet a terrifying, brutal, SLOW end. NOTHING can be horrible enough to happen to you to even out all the misery you are trying to perpetrate just to keep the health care business fresh with long term patients. In other words, fuck off and die slow. Autism up to a rate of 1 in 50, and you just accept this? GOD, I wish I was face to face with you right now.
no, no "fuck you's" here. just a caution as to how idiotic your stance on immunizations is. many (and I dont mean just a few here and there) cases of meningitis have been prevented through vaccinations (haemophilus influenza used to be a significant cause of meningitis in kids, go look it up, thats based on actual studies). I know docs that have been practicing for 35+ years that can attest to the fact they they have seen a decrease in such cases because of vaccines. i'm not going to go on about all the other high-impact illnesses that have significantly decreased, and even eradicated in one particular case, because of vaccines.

also, you do realize that the connection between autism and vaccines was made up, right? as in, the "study" linking them was FABRICATED. there never was a link, and since then legit studies published in peer-reviewed journals have never been able to establish the link. why? BECAUSE THE BASTARD MADE IT UP AND LIED

i bet you also think that acai berries melt fat away, those little pads you place on your feet really do suck toxins out of your body and magnets can cure cancer

The Following User Says Thank You to quetza For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
The Following Users Disliked This Post By quetza:
civilizedisamyth
Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 PM
civilizedisamyth
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3519
i'm an outie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss59

quetza, the best way for you to see idiocy is to look in the mirror. I see the proof every time I see my son, and there is nothing I would like more than to be able to force idiots like you to see the difference between what he was and what he is. All of your other little examples, i guess designed to make me seem like some "conspiracy nut", are welcome to go right back into your ass where you pulled them out of. I KNOW what happened to my boy because I saw it happen. FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FUCKING FAMILY.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By civilizedisamyth:
LadyCPlum
Old 06-10-2013, 09:24 PM
quetza
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss267

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilizedisamyth View Post
quetza, the best way for you to see idiocy is to look in the mirror. I see the proof every time I see my son, and there is nothing I would like more than to be able to force idiots like you to see the difference between what he was and what he is. All of your other little examples, i guess designed to make me seem like some "conspiracy nut", are welcome to go right back into your ass where you pulled them out of. I KNOW what happened to my boy because I saw it happen. FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FUCKING FAMILY.
only a troll would call what i said "my examples". its hard science, proven (well, in this case unable to be proven) over and over again. cant argue with that. so until you bring back evidence that is backed up with the research to prove it you have no leg to stand on. and sorry, your anecdote is far from scientific proof.

The Following User Says Thank You to quetza For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum