Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss154
Re: Autism & the Mmr Vaccination...

People that do not vaccinate their children are relying on those of use that do with the hopes that their children don't become sick with a preventable illness that can be devastating if not FATAL.

We all want what is best for our children and I understand your concern but even IF there was substantial proof that vaccinating your children could possibly cause autism is having a dead child better?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to honeysprite For This Useful Post:
Abaaub, Desensitisation, LadyCPlum, ldelgadillo
The Following Users Disliked This Post By honeysprite:
Matzvey
Old 05-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Abaaub
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2878
Female

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82

I agree. Even if the vaccine gave my kids Autism (which I don't believe), they won't die from it. Whooping cough, measles, mumps, etc most definitely could kill them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abaaub For This Useful Post:
Desensitisation, LadyCPlum, ldelgadillo
Old 05-18-2013, 02:46 PM
corrico
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:467
male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300ZXNA View Post
Very simple:

1) Herd immunity. Because most everyone else IS immunizing, your children are not being exposed to the pathogens because they can't get a foothold to spread due to vaccination.

2) Small sample size. In any medical study, looking at only a few people is never, ever reliable. You have to look at the big picture. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my wife works at a pediatric center as a nurse. There are numerous documented horror stories of people who haven't vaccinated and lost children due to preventable disease.

3) You've been lucky. Even if you are playing Russian roulette, you can theoretically pull the trigger 5 times before you incur any harmful effects . . .
My wife is a lifeguard, and teaches kids and adults how to swim. During any given day 200- 500 people will come into the pool. About 30% of those who come will come in sick , believing that the facilities services will aid in their recovery(ie the sauna and hot tub will, in their mind, help sweat out any sicknesses).

So, any time there is an outbreak of cold, flu, or h1n1 my wife gets it. She had H1N1 when it was circulating, and I had to take care of her. She was deathly ill. I never caught it. I didn't limit my exposure to her, and she nor I were vaccinated for it. I don't get vaccines, and I don't get sick. Aside from the hep a b shots given out when i was in grade 5 ish, I haven't had a flu shot or anything like it since a failed attempt when i was 5. The nurse was using a barbed siringe and couldn't hit a vein, so my mom pulled me out and we never went back. The mind and body are amazing machines, and in my opinion, can fight off most ( i say most cause obviously there are limitations) illnesses like cold or flu without the aid of vaccinations. For the most part, when I witnessed people going in for these vaccinations, they were the ones getting sick, and in most cases not long after the vaccination, where as I would remain healthy as a horse.

I'm sure some vaccinations are worth getting, but I am going to continue to let MY body do the work. Many of these minor illnesses do not require vaccinations or medications.

I would think if anything, a possible link to autism would be found in the food we eat. If you cut out wheat and dairy from your diet, you will lose weight very quickly, and be a lot healthier, I promise you.

I wish you and your family the best in whatever path you choose to follow.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:02 PM
300ZXNA
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3992

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrico View Post
I don't get vaccines, and I don't get sick. Aside from the hep a b shots given out when i was in grade 5 ish, I haven't had a flu shot or anything like it since a failed attempt when i was 5. The nurse was using a barbed siringe and couldn't hit a vein, so my mom pulled me out and we never went back. The mind and body are amazing machines, and in my opinion, can fight off most ( i say most cause obviously there are limitations) illnesses like cold or flu without the aid of vaccinations.
Quote:
I'm sure some vaccinations are worth getting, but I am going to continue to let MY body do the work. Many of these minor illnesses do not require vaccinations or medications.
Please explain to me what your understanding is of how a vaccine works, and how our immune system works.

Quote:
For the most part, when I witnessed people going in for these vaccinations, they were the ones getting sick, and in most cases not long after the vaccination, where as I would remain healthy as a horse.
One of the reasons why we have to use the scientific method is that we as humans, have a brain that is really good at spotting patterns and trends, but extremely poor at properly assigning causation. The scientific method is intended to account for and remove these cognitive biases.

For example, the above is a primary example of confirmation bias. To determine whether or not vaccines are needed or effective, again, we have to look at ALL of the evidence in sufficient sample sizes. This requires thousands and thousands of pieces of data. For every person such as yourself that claims to always be healthy while those around him are always sick, there are people on the flip side of the coin. Anecdotal based decisions in medicine is a #1 way to come to an errant conclusion.

Quote:
I would think if anything, a possible link to autism would be found in the food we eat. If you cut out wheat and dairy from your diet, you will lose weight very quickly, and be a lot healthier, I promise you.
Only problem is that while the SYMPTOMS of autism usually don't appear until 2-3 years of age, there are signs of it in infancy before we have a chance to eat any of those:

http://www.autismspeaks.org/science/...-marker-autism

http://www.autismspeaks.org/science/...-marker-autism

Autism is looking like it is a congenital disorder put in place during neural development.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 300ZXNA For This Useful Post:
honeysprite, LadyCPlum, Zambini
Old 05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
honeysprite
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1965
Female

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss154

Quote:
My wife is a lifeguard, and teaches kids and adults how to swim. During any given day 200- 500 people will come into the pool. About 30% of those who come will come in sick , believing that the facilities services will aid in their recovery(ie the sauna and hot tub will, in their mind, help sweat out any sicknesses).

So, any time there is an outbreak of cold, flu, or h1n1 my wife gets it. She had H1N1 when it was circulating, and I had to take care of her. She was deathly ill. I never caught it. I didn't limit my exposure to her, and she nor I were vaccinated for it. I don't get vaccines, and I don't get sick. Aside from the hep a b shots given out when i was in grade 5 ish, I haven't had a flu shot or anything like it since a failed attempt when i was 5. The nurse was using a barbed siringe and couldn't hit a vein, so my mom pulled me out and we never went back. The mind and body are amazing machines, and in my opinion, can fight off most ( i say most cause obviously there are limitations) illnesses like cold or flu without the aid of vaccinations. For the most part, when I witnessed people going in for these vaccinations, they were the ones getting sick, and in most cases not long after the vaccination, where as I would remain healthy as a horse.

So, why is your wife getting sick?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to honeysprite For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum, Pigeon, Zambini
The Following Users Disliked This Post By honeysprite:
Matzvey
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8094 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss16946

Quote:

What vaccine is administered intravenously?

VERY few medicines are, especially at a doctors office and not in a hospital setting.

300ZXNA, LadyCPlum
Old 05-23-2013, 02:06 PM
corrico
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:467
male

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1373

Fuck, you guys are brutal. This was merely my personnal examples. you can sit there and tear it apart all you want. I'm not here to convince you or your children to stop getting your vaccines, if you feel you need them. Nor do I know if autism is directly connected with the vaccines. I can't say that you getting a flu shot may affect your kids down the road, but I can't say it won't either. I can't say that the vaccines your child(ren) got is what caused it. I do not make the vaccines, I don't know what goes into them. What I do know is that I try to avoid taking or using any medicine as much as possible, as I feel that the body can, and should be able to do most of this work on it's own.

I don't know why that nurse was using a barbed needle, perhaps it was here first day. I went in for a flu shot, and the nurse fucked it up. I was 5, the details I know are from what my mom told me.

My wife gets sick because the people who frequent the pool don't take into consideration that when you are sick, you should probably stay away from the general public, in order to reduce spreading these sicknesses. When you work with a hundred small children that spit water and mucus in your face, when coming out of the water, I guess many people would get sick. The relevance of me stating this was that when she gets sick I am at home with her, and do not limit my contact with her, and I do not catch the flu, cold, or whatever is going around, from her. where as most would very easily catch the flu if one or more family members is sick in the same household. Neither of us get vaccines for the most part. It is, I guess, an example of both sides of the coin. Some immune systems are better than others, I suppose.

Zxn(whateverthefuck) Why is my knowledge of "how" a vaccine works important to you. If you know, why should I explain it. I'm not here to give you statistics on a group of thousands of people. This is "My" experience, take it or leave it. I really don't care.

I don't get vaccines and I don't get sick. Maybe it's a miracle, maybe I am one in "howevermany" that don't get sick, and don't need vaccines. Perhaps I'm just lucky that way.

More or less, I believe in the power of the mind and body. I feel that many let themselves get sick by admitting defeat beforehand. You see others around you get sick, and believe you will too. I'm not saying that this is 100% the reason you get sick, but "I think, therefore I am". If you think you are going to fail at something, chances are you will. If you think you are going to get sick, chances are you might. Just because it works for me doesn't necessarily means it will work for others. Especially if you do not believe in the power of the mind.

This was just my two cents, based on my own experiences. Take it or leave it. I suppose it has little to do with vaccines and their link to autism. I'm sure there are many contributing factors that may be linked to a child being diagnosed with autism. There is a lot going on around us, and not all of it has a positive effect on our bodies. There are many variables in the world that may, as a whole, be linked to autism. Perhaps in the foods we eat, toxins we breathe and consume, drugs, alchohol, chemicals we use, and just straight up random chance. How does anyone really know for sure unless you are the one behind the microscope, and are not being enticed, in any way, to modify your results.

It is truly a shame that anyone should go through such trials in life. In a perfect world, no one would.

I will not be losing sleep tonight because any of you feel my opinion is irrelevant, biased, or inconsequential.

To the OP, sorry if I wasn't much help on the subject. I wish the best for you and your little ones. Be positive, and be well.

The Following User Says Thank You to corrico For This Useful Post:
katyafan
Old 05-24-2013, 01:02 AM
ldelgadillo
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:642
female

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864

when my doctors told me my children could die without the vaccinations, i got them the shots, duhhh, no brainer

Old 06-05-2013, 02:16 AM
pinkyziolk
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2854
female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss83

The doctor who originally published the study saying that the two were connected eventually said that it wasn't true and also lost his medical license. Get your child vaccinated. Autism is not related in anyway to the vaccine.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinkyziolk For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM
sbcurious
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2298
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss121

there sure seems to be one to many 'coincidences' to ease my mind when it comes to vaccines. Thimerosal used in vaccines is toxic plain and simple. And they are FDA approved.. which is a red flag at any time IMO. Look at how many die from approved prescription drugs every year. FDA knows it and won't take something off the market until the lawsuits pile up!

The Following 2 Users Disliked sbcurious For This Post:
Desensitisation, LadyCPlum