Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss82
Re: Autism & the Mmr Vaccination...

I have two on the spectrum myself. Looking for answers myself. My 3year old is finally repeating words after being in Special Needs Pre-K this year! We're so very grateful and take each day as it comes and having fun.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

My nephew has Autism and it ain't NO Joke... I had a College Professor say that he didn't believe in Autism... Fuck Him! He should see the major difference between my two nephews.... where the younger brother actually seems more advanced

Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 AM
anim0sitee
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2371
i have a vagina, kthx.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss115

I feel like if your child has had no prior reactions to any soft of vaccine it is best to have them. Autism is being caught earlier now because doctors know better what to look for. I don't vaccinate my son but I don't believe in the autism/vaccine link, my son just had an awful reaction to his first shots and ended up in PICU for a few weeks right after :/

Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Tishtish
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2759

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss88

my son is autistic and adhd! but tell you the vaccine had nothing to do with it, he was crawling up my chest at 1 week old, rolling onto his stomach in the crib at one day old, and was crawling prperlt at 12 weeks old, and walking and talking like an adult at 15 months, he knew more about stars and dinosaurs and birth at 15 months then adults! children are born this way,, it mught come out quickly or slowly in all three of my children it came out quickly!, in my opion and medical research, i stand by that these vaccines are better given the not!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Tishtish
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2759

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss88

and sad to say,, but we may never know the causes or cure autism,, its just one of them things, thta instead of looking for answers, just enjoy the lifes you have been given to care for

Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 PM
PwnageDelux
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1974
Male

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss152

Alright so here's my 2 pennies...

I have two daughters; 4 and 1. Neither one has had a single vaccine, and neither were born in a hospital. My wife and I also smoked pot before, during, and after each pregnancy.

My 4 year old is sharp as a tack, she completes pre-k and K work books with ease. She even requires extra challenges to keep busy. Her speech and vocabulary are great. Potty trained just before her 2nd birthday.

My 1 year old is right on the same track, if not ahead because of big sisters influence.

So is my family just lucky? I don't get it. Now I'm not an advocate of the "vaccines cause autism" scare, I feel that the vaccines are not needed and may even be destroying our children's immune systems at an early stage. By the way did I mention, neither of my daughters have had a single illness requiring a doctors visit or medicine....ever. I'm we are NOT faith healers

I'm not throwing this out here to boast or brag. I would honestly like to get an opinion from some of these folks who know so much about medicine and doctor stuff.....why are my kids doing so well?

home birthed
zero illnesses
intelligent
ZERO vaccines

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PwnageDelux For This Useful Post:
corrico, turkiller
Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
LadyCPlum
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:137
All woman

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7200

The guy who made the first tenuous link to vaccines and Autism has already admitted he doctored his data to make a link seem possible.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnageDelux View Post

I have two daughters; 4 and 1. Neither one has had a single vaccine, and neither were born in a hospital. My wife and I also smoked pot before, during, and after each pregnancy.

My 4 year old is sharp as a tack, she completes pre-k and K work books with ease. She even requires extra challenges to keep busy. Her speech and vocabulary are great. Potty trained just before her 2nd birthday.

My 1 year old is right on the same track, if not ahead because of big sisters influence.

So is my family just lucky? I don't get it. Now I'm not an advocate of the "vaccines cause autism" scare, I feel that the vaccines are not needed and may even be destroying our children's immune systems at an early stage. By the way did I mention, neither of my daughters have had a single illness requiring a doctors visit or medicine....ever. I'm we are NOT faith healers

I'm not throwing this out here to boast or brag. I would honestly like to get an opinion from some of these folks who know so much about medicine and doctor stuff.....why are my kids doing so well?

home birthed
zero illnesses
intelligent
ZERO vaccines
I don't know the answer to your great questions, wish I did, but at first glance it seems you are risking a lot of deadly diseases by not getting the vaccinations.

Very interesting subject

I grew up poor, in the country with minimal health care too, ate a lot of fresh, local foods and most sickness was allowed to run its course with no medical intervention/medications. But, we were ALWAYS trotted of to the county health department for free vaccine inoculations when ever they were offered, waiting in line for hours for some poor slob to jab us all with needles.

I always noticed growing up we seemed to have much less sickness in my and my neighbor families compared to doctor visit predominant city kids

Old 05-18-2013, 12:29 AM
300ZXNA
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3993

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnageDelux View Post

home birthed
zero illnesses
intelligent
ZERO vaccines
Very simple:

1) Herd immunity. Because most everyone else IS immunizing, your children are not being exposed to the pathogens because they can't get a foothold to spread due to vaccination.

2) Small sample size. In any medical study, looking at only a few people is never, ever reliable. You have to look at the big picture. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my wife works at a pediatric center as a nurse. There are numerous documented horror stories of people who haven't vaccinated and lost children due to preventable disease.

3) You've been lucky. Even if you are playing Russian roulette, you can theoretically pull the trigger 5 times before you incur any harmful effects . . .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 300ZXNA For This Useful Post:
Desensitisation, LadyCPlum, ldelgadillo, winvens
Old 05-18-2013, 05:01 AM
benado
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1158
female

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20