Quoted: 8109 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss16979
Re: Autism & the Mmr Vaccination...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBehave View Post
Thanks everyone, I just have to work on the husband to make him agree to it, I mean it is logical that lots of babies have it done and don't get affected.

I DO think back and wonder if I did something wrong, I remember her sitting in her travel cot one day and falling back and bumping her head on the wall behind it and all the time I am thinking should I have go ther checked out that day :(

I would not have her any other way though, despite the autism and her problems, she is so funny and make us laugh every day!
She can count to 10 as well even though you cant understand most things she says she has learned that :)
Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault.

Best wishes, Zam

LadyCPlum
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Contributions: 56

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848

There is a lot of negative press generated by a small group of anti-vaccination lobbyists and this autism one is really scaring people at the moment.

I've read up a lot and no, the evidence that they claim does not seem to exist.

I had a severe allergic reaction to the MMR vaccination, I had a seizure. I didn't end up with autism - although that could explain a few things

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum, slash4321
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
synthninja
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:237
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3707

Best of luck, I too have no real knowledge of this, though I have heard that people have thought MMR and autism were connected.

All I know is doctors are not always right, and I wouldn't trust them. Medicine is a very complicated area and we and they may never know everything. Trust your instincts. Don't give up!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Softballmama13
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:183
female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5301

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBehave View Post
Thanks everyone, I just have to work on the husband to make him agree to it, I mean it is logical that lots of babies have it done and don't get affected.

I DO think back and wonder if I did something wrong, I remember her sitting in her travel cot one day and falling back and bumping her head on the wall behind it and all the time I am thinking should I have go ther checked out that day :(

I would not have her any other way though, despite the autism and her problems, she is so funny and make us laugh every day!
She can count to 10 as well even though you cant understand most things she says she has learned that :)
Sweetheart, NOTHING you or your husband did caused this happening in your baby girl's life. I understand how you want an answer even if that answer mean's you did something to cause this, but it's just not so. Please do not blame yourself and just know that no matter how her life turn's out it was meant to be. She is now and alway's will be your little Angel even when she's grown, so keep doing what your doing, loving her just the way she is!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Softballmama13 For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
elizajane
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:253
i am a ladeeee....:-)

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3384

My son has Aspergers Syndrome and he did get the the mmr jags, but personally I think it may come from genetic factors. He has similar problems as your daughter and I see those traits in other members of my family...

Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
TheVanquished
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5731

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

I did a bit of research myself, turns out that the MMR actually makes the autism worse. While you'r daughter could have had a small form of aspergers like I do myself this MMR junk may have put her to borderline downs. The things you experiance with her sound much like my little brother who does have downs. I hed you, do not give you'r youngest some the MMR, if you wish to find ways to improve their autism without medication look up the phiffer austim treatment center in chicago. I may have spelt it wrong but please give it a look.

The Following 3 Users Disliked TheVanquished For This Post:
Desensitisation, LadyCPlum, rhinana
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVanquished View Post
I did a bit of research myself, turns out that the MMR actually makes the autism worse.
Never heard that claim before. Source?

The Following User Says Thank You to candymosh For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
sassychickz
Offline:
Poster Rank:14458

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

My daugter was diagnosed with severe autism at the age of 2, shes my youngest out of 3, she has major speach delays and can get agressive if shes not being understood, but shes turning 7 in two weeks and 5 years working with occupational therapists, speach and language therapist day cares and now the school. She currently speaks 150-200 words in 2 and 3 word sentences, we have used picture and sign language to help her communicate more and always get her to repeat the words that shes trying to say, she also when she picks up a new word she forgets an old one. its fustrating but just keep at it their smart cookies :)

The Following User Says Thank You to sassychickz For This Useful Post:
candymosh
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Little Spanky
Offline:
Poster Rank:11746

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

just as an aside, Dr Andrew Wakefield was struck off as a Dr in the UK, for producing this study through unethical methods. Subjecting disabled children to unneccesary testing such as LP and colonoscopy. In relation to this research, it was published in 1998 and to date (12 years) the results have been completly unreproducable which tends to suggest dishonesty in his results/hoax. There was also a suggestion that this Dr had a financial incentive. I hope this makes you look at the research in a new light. Measles is a potential fatal disease in children, and following this piece of rubbish research MMR uptake fell, reducing 'herd immunity' and children are dying in the developed world from a disease that was almost completly erradicated prior to 1998.

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Spanky For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
Old 05-07-2012, 06:35 PM
300ZXNA
Offline:
Poster Rank:3993

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
Never heard that claim before. Source?
$5 that their link is either non-existent, or junk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300ZXNA For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum, Lion-hearted Girl