Go Back  

Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead' 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #61  
Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
You seem to be under some kind of delusion that as Australians we are unaware of anything that has occurred outside our country in our lifetimes.

Believe it ir not we are not some isolated island living in huts who have had no knowledge of the world for this week.

You do realise that our armed forces have been there right along with US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan right? We are not new to these issues. Get off your high horse, seriously.
I don't think you know nothing of what happens elsewhere, but as it is anywhere in the world, you don't deal with the day to day of it like the person in that country. That applies anywhere. I'm speaking of news media, propaganda, etc. When I spoke of us hearing this propaganda before, I can name names, dates, times and places in the U.S. Can you? Of course not, unless you have U.S. news fetish that would be disturbing actually.

As far as us being allies, yep, in fact if you did read everything I have said, I stated that we are allies. I pointed that out BEFORE you did. But thanks anyhow for the info. I never said you're on an isolated island (even though some might define it as so, but technically it's an isolated continent). Anyhow, yeah, I know it's great to say "we are allies with the U.S." as of now.

But as soon as that's not needed anymore, almost all countries have a history of saying fuck the U.S, they are war mongers, they want to rule the world, they should stay out of world politics, etc. You have to go no further than this site to find that proof. Just date back and read what Australians on here said a few years back. I don't have to go back and find it. I have a good memory myself, lol. I was on here reading everything for years before I made my first posting.

But I don't believe Australians are stupid. I do however believe, no cancel that, I KNOW you guys have had NOWHERE near the experience is this shit as Americans. From the war propaganda to the media BS. I won't even go into the 9-11 thing deeply. If I have to give that history lesson, then person hearing it wouldn't understand anyhow. We were in this game while ALL OTHER countries were watching from a distance and sending their condolences. So we don't need anyone in any country to explain it to us.

I still don't see where you have said a single thing that disputes anything I have said, but cool! All said and done, my point is SO VALID that CNN is now coining the phrase that I start using myself without anyone else. Which is about this shit being like the movie ground hog day. If you don't know about it, at least do an internet search if you're not willing to watch it. In other words, we've been here and heard this whole fucking speech before. Fear...... war......

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-20-2014, 01:47 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Double post, site messe up. Deleted

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

azdesertsnake01. Information supplied by the media is not 100% accurate, reliable, or truthful. Lion-hearted Girl and myself already know this, we are adults just like you.
We don't claim to know more about what goes on in your country than you do so don't insult us by trying to tell us exactly what goes on here, stop talking down to us like we are complete fucking idiots.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl
  #64  
Old 09-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

azdesertsnake01. Information supplied by the media is not 100% accurate, reliable, or truthful. Lion-hearted Girl and myself already know this, we are adults just like you.
We don't claim to know more about what goes on in your country than you do so don't insult us by trying to tell us exactly what goes on here, stop talking down to us like we are complete fucking idiots.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl, Pigeon
  #65  
Old 09-20-2014, 02:00 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
azdesertsnake01. Information supplied by the media is not 100% accurate, reliable, or truthful. Lion-hearted Girl and myself already know this, we are adults just like you.
We don't claim to know more about what goes on in your country than you do so don't insult us by trying to tell us exactly what goes on here, stop talking down to us like we are complete fucking idiots.
I've said a couple of times that I don't Australians are stupid. However I am starting to wonder if we all use the same english. Again, I don't see where anything you have said disputes anything I have said. But thanks for the input!

I can see that regardless of your claims about knowing how the media is, they have you guys so wound up about this that you aren't willing to accept anything less than the sky is falling. Lol. I hope you guys make it through this "very tragic" time of this single guy who supposedly made a threat to someone, somewhere who is nameless. Lol, fucking christ! Hunker down and grab the MRE'S Blew, it's on!!!

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Lion-hearted Girl's Avatar
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Join Date: Feb 2012
Contributions: 56
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Who is wound up? As Blew said, your posts, whether you believe it or not, come across as belittling and arrogant. We don't need a lesson on how the world works. Your posts, in all the threads I have seen, sound extremely arrogant.

FYI, my husband is from the States so I have also spent a lot of time there and have more than a "typical" Australian's understanding of how things run and what it is like to be American.

Speaking to people you have absolutely no clue about like they are ignoramouses who require your teachings is not a great way to foster lively debate. I actually have no desire to bother discussing anything with you, because clearly you know everything

Yes, Australia is a continent and is also an island, but thanks to aeroplanes and interwebs, we no longer drag our knuckles in the dirt

You have a great day now. Perhaps I'll see you on an episode of Doomsday Preppers.

__________________
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, Pigeon
  #67  
Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Lion-hearted Girl's Avatar
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Join Date: Feb 2012
Contributions: 56
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

A final comment to you Mr Arizona....

Andrew Scipione, the NSW Police Commissioner has stated that the raids on Thursday were a deliberate show of strength. They want the extremists to know they mean business. Not everything is a conspiracy

__________________
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-20-2014, 04:00 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
Who is wound up? As Blew said, your posts, whether you believe it or not, come across as belittling and arrogant. We don't need a lesson on how the world works. Your posts, in all the threads I have seen, sound extremely arrogant.

FYI, my husband is from the States so I have also spent a lot of time there and have more than a "typical" Australian's understanding of how things run and what it is like to be American.

Speaking to people you have absolutely no clue about like they are ignoramouses who require your teachings is not a great way to foster lively debate. I actually have no desire to bother discussing anything with you, because clearly you know everything

Yes, Australia is a continent and is also an island, but thanks to aeroplanes and interwebs, we no longer drag our knuckles in the dirt

You have a great day now. Perhaps I'll see you on an episode of Doomsday Preppers.
I didn't mean to come across as arrogant. But when I can't get someone to understand something SO SIMPLE as 1000 officers making ONE ARREST is overkill, I tend to try to simplify my posts to try to get my point understood.

Since that still has not worked, I guess I have to give up. I can't simplify it anymore. As I said, you guys aren't going to accept anything less than the sky is falling and you are surrounded by ISIS members.

By the way, I see you and Blew are on here posting again today. It's good to see that you two are still kicking over there and did NOT lose your heads overnight, lol. Last I heard, ISIS was pretty much coming down your guys block from the sound of you two!

If this guy they arrested were to escape, no doubt all of Australia would be in serious trouble. Do you want us to send over a couple of aircraft carriers to help you guys keep him contained? No doubt he's a bad motherfucker since it took nearly 1000 officers to arrest him. Lol.

You know so much about your own country huh? Apparently not you say it's a continent AND an island? Actually you are 100% wrong.

That's like saying it's an apple and an orange. Here's the dictionary.com definition for "Island". Unlike most people, I look things up BEFORE I make comments. It helps me to look "arrogant" RATHER than STUPID! I looked up the definition before I made a statement about it being a continent.

noun
1.
a tract of land completely surrounded by water, and not large enough to be called a continent.

But here we go again, me complicating your opinion with my facts. You first said you are NOT on an island. Now you're on and island AND a continent. Do you even know where you are?

So you go on bashing me because you feel i'm arrogant or whatever. At least I do look things up and verify my facts before I dribble pointless and quiet wrong shit on here. Things like that are why I get frustrated and come across as arrogant.

I just hate it when people think "Opinion" equals fact. Take this case, your "Opinion" is that your own country of Australia is an island. However the FACT is that it is not. There can be nothing more factual than a simple dictionary definition that says different to disprove what someone says.

But what's the point? You would answer all of these facts with just saying I'm arrogant. So whatever, lol.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-20-2014, 04:04 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
A final comment to you Mr Arizona....

Andrew Scipione, the NSW Police Commissioner has stated that the raids on Thursday were a deliberate show of strength. They want the extremists to know they mean business. Not everything is a conspiracy
I don't see how this changes anything I have said. I have said for my last 8 posts or so that it's a minimum of overkill. But now a cop on tv has made a statement and you are calling it fact. What happened to don't believe everything the media says?

He said "They want the extremists". In this case, shouldn't he have meant "Extremist" or is he talking other imaginary "Extremists" that may or may not exist in your country? Lol.

Said and done, whether it's a conspiracy, bad facts, overrated, exaggerated or what, the simple fact that I was originally making still stands. Which is this is yet another overblown example of a government getting support from their citizens such as yourself for their war.

You and Blew are doing more to prove me right on this than anything I could say anyhow. If this shit wasn't made into such a big deal in your country, the support for you guys going into iraq would be MANY percentage points lower.

Instead of you guys sitting here trying to remind me that you are U.S. allies you would be saying what pieces of shit we were for STARTING yet another war! Many American's haven't forgotten how we were abandoned by our so called allies toward the so called end of the last iraq war.

We obviously aren't the type to hold a grudge, but we do remember. So you and Blew can get bent out of shape and exaggerate as much as you want to and make it sound like you're surrounded by jihadists. We were in this game first. We've seen the propaganda for so long it bores us now.

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Lion-hearted Girl's Avatar
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Join Date: Feb 2012
Contributions: 56
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848
Re: Australia Raids Over 'Islamic State Plot to Behead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I didn't mean to come across as arrogant. But when I can't get someone to understand something SO SIMPLE as 1000 officers making ONE ARREST is overkill, I tend to try to simplify my posts to try to get my point understood.

Since that still has not worked, I guess I have to give up. I can't simplify it anymore. As I said, you guys aren't going to accept anything less than the sky is falling and you are surrounded by ISIS members.

By the way, I see you and Blew are on here posting again today. It's good to see that you two are still kicking over there and did NOT lose your heads overnight, lol. Last I heard, ISIS was pretty much coming down your guys block from the sound of you two!

If this guy they arrested were to escape, no doubt all of Australia would be in serious trouble. Do you want us to send over a couple of aircraft carriers to help you guys keep him contained? No doubt he's a bad motherfucker since it took nearly 1000 officers to arrest him. Lol.

You know so much about your own country huh? Apparently not you say it's a continent AND an island? Actually you are 100% wrong.

That's like saying it's an apple and an orange. Here's the dictionary.com definition for "Island". Unlike most people, I look things up BEFORE I make comments. It helps me to look "arrogant" RATHER than STUPID! I looked up the definition before I made a statement about it being a continent.

noun
1.
a tract of land completely surrounded by water, and not large enough to be called a continent.

But here we go again, me complicating your opinion with my facts. You first said you are NOT on an island. Now you're on and island AND a continent. Do you even know where you are?

So you go on bashing me because you feel i'm arrogant or whatever. At least I do look things up and verify my facts before I dribble pointless and quiet wrong shit on here. Things like that are why I get frustrated and come across as arrogant.

I just hate it when people think "Opinion" equals fact. Take this case, your "Opinion" is that your own country of Australia is an island. However the FACT is that it is not. There can be nothing more factual than a simple dictionary definition that says different to disprove what someone says.

But what's the point? You would answer all of these facts with just saying I'm arrogant. So whatever, lol.
So, you don't want to come across as arrogant, but you're quite happy to call me stupid (in all caps no less)

I understand that you quickly googled "island" so you could quote something here in an attempt to prove me wrong, but let me correct you.

Australia is unique and often requires further explanation to say that it doesn't quite fit within the definitions. It is widely referred to as an "Island Continent".

Even if you had bothered to look it up on simple old wikipedia you would have found this:

Quote:
As the country of Australia is mostly on a single landmass, and comprises most of the continent, it is sometimes informally referred to as an island continent, surrounded by oceans
If you had consulted the Australian Government website on this matter, titled none other than "The Australian Continent" you might have saved yourself some embarrassment.:

Quote:
Australia is the smallest of the world's continents.
and

Quote:
As an island nation, coastlines play an important role in defining national, state and territory boundaries.
But then again, who trusts the government? Those bastards! Lieing to us again and calling it both an island and a continent. They got in early too, made sure we were taught this crap in SCHOOL! Oh, those scoundrels!

If that weren't enough, you could have looked at a site dedicated to geography, such as www.worldatlas.com, as it explains that:

Quote:
Australia is widely considered as a continental landmass, not an island. In reality, it certainly is the largest island, with a size of (2,941,517 sq miles) (7,618,493 sq km).
Anyway dude, I think you get my point. You can argue semantics all day about the definition of an island and how stupid I am, but I can promise you, it is technically both.

Yes, this is strange and different, and I'm sure it blows your mind.....but so does an egg laying mammal, am I right?

__________________
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, cheekymarls

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO