Go Back  

Australia: Morcombe Suspect Charged After 7 Years 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Drusilla's Avatar
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:967
Yes
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Australia: Morcombe Suspect Charged After 7 Years

More remains found in Morcombe search

Monday, September 05, 2011 » 01:08pm

Further human remains have been found over the past week at the site where police are searching for the body of missing teen Daniel Morcombe.

The remains, which were located in the main search site off Kings Road, at Beerwah, will be forensically analysed, police said on Monday.

The Morcombe family has been kept regularly advised of the finds.

Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise, have agreed with police that updates about the search should be made public on a weekly rather than daily basis each Monday morning, police say.

So far, three of Daniel's bones and a pair of shoes the same brand as those he was wearing when he went missing in 2003 have been found at the muddy search site.

Forensic testing of the shoes continues.

The Morcombes will on Monday visit three southeast Queensland schools on the first day of an awareness raising tour on child protection.

They are visiting more than 20 schools to spread awareness of child abductions.

Woombye State School, Gympie State School and St Mary's College Maryborough are first on the itinerary.

The Morcombes' 4000 kilometre road trip officially finishes at the Cairns Esplanade on Saturday.

Daniel was 13 when he went missing from a Sunshine Coast roadside, sparking Queensland's highest profile missing child case.

The arrest of Perth man Brett Peter Cowan, 41, who has been charged with Daniel's murder, triggered the latest search.

The effort continues on Monday, with 10 State Emergency Services (SES) personnel and 15 police officers involved.

A police spokesman said light rain was falling at the site on Monday morning, which may force the search to be suspended later in the day.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopS...ch_658168.html

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drusilla For This Useful Post:
Mr.Goodbar
  #12  
Old 09-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Drusilla's Avatar
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:967
Yes
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Australia: Morcombe Suspect Charged After 7 Years

Search continues at Morcombe site

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 » 06:46am

LIVE News: Watch it now

The search continues at the Daniel Morcombe site today, following yesterday's announcement of more remains being found.

Police say the remains will undergo forensic tests, along with those found in the previous week at the same primary search site at Beerwah, on the Sunshine Coast.

The finds of the past fortnight are in addition to three bones discovered last month that have since been confirmed as DANIEL'S.

More human remains have been found at the Daniel Morcombe search site in bushland on the Sunshine Coast.

Police say the remains will undergo forensic tests along with those found in the previous week at the same Beerwah location.

The finds of the past fortnight are in addition to three bones discovered last month that have since been confirmed as belonging to Daniel.

A pair of shoes of the same brand the 13-year-old was wearing on the day he went missing are still being tested.

Police and emergency workers have been scouring the site since August 13, when former Sunshine Coast resident Brett Peter Cowan, 42, was charged with Daniel Morcombe's abduction and murder.

The charges were laid almost eight years after the teen went missing in 2003.

Last week's latest find comes as Denise Morcombe revealed the anguish brought by each grisly discovery, and the unbearable wait for the next.

'It's like a knife goes in your chest, every single phone call,' she told the Nine Network.

'And then ... we've just got to wait for the next lot of bones to be found.

'Everyone's talking about bones ... that's our son. He belonged to us, he was a little human being.'

But the Morcombes have refused to let that anguish paralyse them, wrapping up a week-long tour of Queensland schools on Saturday.

They spread their child safety message to more than 5000 students in 31 schools after deciding to proceed with the tour.

Meanwhile, police say they will now only announce 'significant developments' from the search site, instead of providing weekly updates.
http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopS...te_660909.html


Sounds like they've found most of him,if they're scaling back the updates.Now,let 'em get the creature who did this.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO