Go Back  

Aussies Laughing Their Heads Off Over Anti-Obama Teen Girl. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Quiet
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:459
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1408
Re: Aussies Laughing Their Heads Off Over Anti-Obama Teen Girl.

What the fuck is she talking about? Has she never been so far as even decided to use go want to look more like? The fuck man

The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

lol^

Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimekeepa View Post
I went to school for 2 years in The U.S.A. It was Longwood ,FL and all in all the people were nice, and it seemed like it was a normal place. Then school started..... Total shock to the senses. Everything they were teaching I had learned 2 years prior, their history class stops at the border, and the teachers don't really give a shit what you do or learn. It was sad, and I had people believing that you had to park your car at the border when crossing into Canada due to weather. (snow) that we still used oil lamps made of whale oil because of not being able to build.

What I'm getting at is this.... it's not the American's fault that they are dumbed down in places. It makes for easier population control. But There is hope yet. There are lots of American's I've met with great heads on their shoulders, and they are awakening others.
I don't think this is entirely fair. If you went to a high school here, the quality of the education you'll receive depends entirely on your location - the more affluent the area, the better the education, as our schools are funded almost entirely by local taxes. So its all relative here, which is unfortunate and dangerous.

My point is that Longwood, FL probably doesnt reflect the entirety of the USA. Or it does in as much as Quebec is the summation of the entirety of Canada. As my life drags on, and as I meet new people and go to different places, I become more aware that this idea of American's being especially dumb is a myth. I think people mistake woeful shamelessness for stupidity, as most people would probably hesitate before spewing reactionary, unresearched nonsense onto Twitter or any other public forum. But that isn't to say that most American's arent profoundly dumb. Compared to all the different people from all their different places, I'd say equally so.

The Following User Says Thank You to fenek For This Useful Post:
grimekeepa
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
grimekeepa
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:591
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss985

^^^^^^^^^ I really appreciate what ya said here. I thought because of the school I went to that, being located in gated communities and housing lots of rich kids, that it was on the upper crust of education. But yes as you said it might be considered to be the same as our lesser education systems. The main point I was trying to stay on was that of the people that slip through the cracks made available to negligence. But as I added I am meeting more and more poeple that have more then "a" clue.

Didn't intend any mud flinging across the boarder if I came across that way.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40871

Did she think Mel Gibson was the president of Australia or some shit

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Parannoyed
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:239
Male ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3679

This made me so happy

The Following User Says Thank You to Parannoyed For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231
Male

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^ I really appreciate what ya said here. I thought because of the school I went to that, being located in gated communities and housing lots of rich kids, that it was on the upper crust of education. But yes as you said it might be considered to be the same as our lesser education systems. The main point I was trying to stay on was that of the people that slip through the cracks made available to negligence. But as I added I am meeting more and more poeple that have more then "a" clue.

Didn't intend any mud flinging across the boarder if I came across that way.
No, I'm sorry, I came across much harsher than I intended to. But listen, I forgot to mention, the thing you said about history ending at our borders is, as far as I can tell, universally true until we reach college. Even then, if someone were to take US history 101 in college, you're still taught the same inaccurate information you'd be taught in high school. I have yet to take a US history course where the US didn't single-handedly win the First World War...

Old 11-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Bleeed.exe
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Contributions: 7

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss3473

Quote:
Originally Posted by econobox View Post
Also for those Republicans wanting to go to Australia after an Obama victory: Australia's reputation for being populated by convicts dates back to when it was a British colony, rather than an independent country. Your membership in the 1% of stock market manipulatiors and job destroyers for personal profit is an impediment to being accepted, rather than a qualification.

You should log on more often.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:40 AM
speakyourmind
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:108

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9192

Eh, who cares what some stupid 18 year old bitch thinks? This was just something to mock the states in the worldwide arena. Every country has its dolts.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:968
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454

Quote:
I went to school for 2 years in The U.S.A. It was Longwood ,FL and all in all the people were nice, and it seemed like it was a normal place. Then school started..... Total shock to the senses. Everything they were teaching I had learned 2 years prior, their history class stops at the border, and the teachers don't really give a shit what you do or learn.
I had a friend who was an exchange student to the US and said almost exactly the same thing.She said that the school she went to put a great deal of emphasis on memory and rote learning and very little on analyzing or interpreting information.Perhaps in some US schools a connection is not being made.