Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss260
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvergelmir View Post
Now don't get offended by those pictures.
That's just my belief, you don't have to look at them.

Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Nutbutter For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss10964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
She is a total bitch and a microcosm of society in general today. Since she is offended, she bitches about it and puts her own selfish needs over those others who might like to have it there.

I was raised a Catholic but strayed from the church but I still would not be offended as everyone has a right to do what they would like to in regards to their faith. Just because this bitch doesn't believe in anything she shouldn't ruin it for others who might.
Thank you very much

Old 01-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss10964

I guess Im luck because because nobody ever tried to remove the mural from my High School gym. I went to Santa Fe High. We were the Demons.

Attached Images

daughterofthenight
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
evilwayz909
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3983

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48

I wonder how long till we see her.death video on here dumb broad she's a witch !! Lol believe in what you want but let's have a vote majority will win if we are.truly a democratic country

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
A total bitch? Are you fucking kidding me? She's tired of religion being thrown in her face, tired of people telling her she's not good enough because she doesn't go to church, and she sees that damn prayer on the wall every day. She can't get the religious idiots to shut their damn mouths, so she does what she can to fight back, and gets a stupid prayer off the wall of her school. Good for her. Religion causes war, death, hate, segregation, and holds society back from advanced and critical thinking in almost all fields. Especially medicine. Religion holds us all back, and the sooner it's viewed for what it is, a man-made device to control the simple minded, the sooner we can all move on to a better world.
I am not for religion being forced down someone's throat and I totally disagree with it but this was something on a wall that has been there for long before she was born.

In fact I was born and raised a Catholic but I have fallen from the church.

All that being said, she is exactly what is wrong with this F'd up Politically correct society we live in today.

A prayer hanging in an an auditorium is not forcing anything on her. She doesn't like it? Then don't read it.

I do agree with you about religion causing wars and destroying things throughout history.

I also agree with you about the communities reaction as threatening her is over the top.

But if she doesn't like it, then don't read it. IF she doesn't want to hear a prayer don't listen. It is about personal choice.

This is the kind of crap that opens pandoras box. So what happens when some self described nerdy girl who likes Metallica and sewing decides that she cannot function and is offended the prayer banner was removed?

That is my issue. You cannot please everyone and once you try you are doomed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Tefik, Xfactor
Old 02-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
I guess Im luck because because nobody ever tried to remove the mural from my High School gym. I went to Santa Fe High. We were the Demons.
Exactly my point. While this was someone complaining who had no faith; I am shocked that no bible toter hasn't called the Vatican over your schools nickname and mascot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
Brainplague
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Cumulonimbus
Offline:
Meh
Poster Rank:262

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3156

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwayz909 View Post
I wonder how long till we see her.death video on here dumb broad she's a witch !! Lol believe in what you want but let's have a vote majority will win if we are.truly a democratic country
If the majority of that community had anything to say about it, sooner rather than later. Perhaps you should join them and help string her up. Would that appease your decent, God-fearing, pious sensibilities?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cumulonimbus For This Useful Post:
Nutbutter
Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
Poster Rank:3069
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

This girl is like me. Not only does she not have religion, she is opposed to religion. I've lived my whole life (and I'm sure many, many others have as well) with religion everywhere. On TV, in movies, people talking, on my damn money, so on and so on. If I could, I'd get it out of the public lexicon entirely. But since that's a long process that can't be done all at once, you have to start somewhere. I applaud this girl for taking a stand, even if it is just against a prayer on a school's wall, because it has to start somewhere. Religion is a hindrance, an enemy, and an obstacle that must be overcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to dankboosh For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47
Old 02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

my kids also went to a school where the mascot was a devil. it was a very prominent part of the school. no one in my family was offended by the fact that this devil was painted on walls, pictured on folders, on school flyers, on t-shirts. we even have a big fleece blanket with this devil mascot on it. they were called by the mascot name everywhere they went when performing. they had to sing the school's alma mater identifying themselves as devils every single week and at school events. every day they listened to announcements during second period where the school secretary ended it with, "we're proud to be devils!"

this has not turned any of us into satanists, lolz. it didn't affect them in any way shape or form because they were solidly grounded in their own Christian beliefs.

we never felt a need to sue the school, demand a mascot change, create a fuss. i'd have to say that makes us stronger than this girl. so yes, she is weak. she has allowed a single mural with a prayer to upset her. her belief in atheism is obviously not strong enough to sustain her.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47, Tefik, Xfactor
The Following Users Disliked This Post By daughterofthenight:
dankboosh
Old 02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
Poster Rank:3069
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

It's an ignorant stance to take, that the mural was the one and only thing to upset her. Get a clue.