male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss128
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

In other words your a jackass sigh im actually just tired of the argument im not goIng To convince them im right there not goin to do that to me but never the less here we go. No shit we need science i was mocking taking god out and replacing it with science its just as dangerous as religion except with chemicals this time. People just being good? Are you 5 or screwed in the head. People are self absorbed assholes that only look out for themselves atleast religion is a way to scare them into doing right. This is a wonderful fight since im fighting people who want me to belive like them but bitch like a liberal if you chop down a tree with a gun if you try it.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

<****** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r6w2M50_Xdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Wage
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1958

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss155

While I agree with the outcome, this girl is about as bad as whoever put the words on the wall. Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you should take away from those who do.

I've always been of the mindset "Perfect yourself before asking others to change themselves". Man in the Mirror, anyone? Also, I'm agnostic.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM
scorpion9
Offline:
Poster Rank:2014

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-man View Post
No shit we need science i was mocking taking god out and replacing it with science its just as dangerous as religion except with chemicals this time.
funny :)
"we need science"
so, replacing god with science = replacing god with something we need :)

And its true, we have been replacing god with 'science' for the last 500 years or so, and look how well it has turned out for us.
There were times when your gods lived on top of the highest mountains, then came 'science' and replaced them with boring dull knowledge. Would you like to revert back to our ignorant past and put god back into mountain tops.
Then we figured out what clouds are, and when we flew to the sky, god had to pack his belongings and move again.
How about banning all airplanes and space programs and putting god back into the clouds?
etc
etc
Now, your god has moved out to the edges of the universe where he cant be seen yet.
But dont be so certain that in 50 or 100 years we wont have figured out the formation of the universe, and again, your god would have to pack his bags and start his journey into oblivion.

Now, the reason why i put the word science in quotes was, that its not a living thing, as many religious loonies treat it. Science does no good nor bad, its a way of gaining knowledge.
Science can 'tell' us how to make a blade, but it wont tell us if we should slit someone´s throat, or us it to slice bread at breakfast.

It can 'tell' us how to split the atom, but it wont tell us if we should split the atoms at the center of a city, in an uncontrolled manner, or harness its power to light up millions of homes.

So your sentence "science its just as dangerous as religion" is insane.
its as good as saying
"believing things with no evidence, against all evidence, with no reason and against all reason, is just as good as believing things for the best of our knowledge and evidence available.

Quote:
People are self absorbed assholes that only look out for themselves at least religion is a way to scare them into doing right
Ha ha :)
I believe that where you live, people really are self absorbed assholes, but then again, you live in USA, and are surrounded with majority of "god fearing" christians. Which makes me wonder why does USA have one of the highest prison populations with least of Atheist %.

Your cult does a very bad job at scaring people into submission. Again, look at atheistic countries, and you'll see that most of the societal ill stats are lower than those with high religion %.

countries like Finland, Sweden, Norway, send tonns of aid to foreign countries with no church "requirements" attached.
Most churches on the other hand, donate stuff with the requirement of "joining the cult" or at lest you must go through the standard programming & indoctrination period.

We already have too many things dividing us. Nationality, languages, races, $$$, etc etc.
We dont need yet another very divisive and exclusive power to make getting along even more complicated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion9 For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, Zurria
Old 02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
MEMOR3X
Offline:
I'm Back
Poster Rank:612
Bloke

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

I hate all this stuff atm. Where does it end?

It says she likes Harry Potter... well I hate him, does that mean I can get all Harry Potter banned from schools?

FFS, it was only a prayer... it wasn't hurting anyone. I'm not religious, but I do like to see some religious "artifacts" as it's like seeing a piece of history. No need for it - she's clearly one of these 16-year-olds who thinks they're "all grown up" and that their opinions should mean something.

Concentrate on your studies and stop all this "freedom fighter" bullshit

The Following User Says Thank You to MEMOR3X For This Useful Post:
Wage
The Following 2 Users Disliked MEMOR3X For This Post:
dankboosh, Zurria
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
ro-man
Offline:
Poster Rank:2201
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss128

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion9 View Post
funny :)
"we need science"
so, replacing god with science = replacing god with something we need :)

And its true, we have been replacing god with 'science' for the last 500 years or so, and look how well it has turned out for us.
There were times when your gods lived on top of the highest mountains, then came 'science' and replaced them with boring dull knowledge. Would you like to revert back to our ignorant past and put god back into mountain tops.
Then we figured out what clouds are, and when we flew to the sky, god had to pack his belongings and move again.
How about banning all airplanes and space programs and putting god back into the clouds?
etc
etc
Now, your god has moved out to the edges of the universe where he cant be seen yet.
But dont be so certain that in 50 or 100 years we wont have figured out the formation of the universe, and again, your god would have to pack his bags and start his journey into oblivion.

Now, the reason why i put the word science in quotes was, that its not a living thing, as many religious loonies treat it. Science does no good nor bad, its a way of gaining knowledge.
Science can 'tell' us how to make a blade, but it wont tell us if we should slit someone´s throat, or us it to slice bread at breakfast.

It can 'tell' us how to split the atom, but it wont tell us if we should split the atoms at the center of a city, in an uncontrolled manner, or harness its power to light up millions of homes.

So your sentence "science its just as dangerous as religion" is insane.
its as good as saying
"believing things with no evidence, against all evidence, with no reason and against all reason, is just as good as believing things for the best of our knowledge and evidence available.

Ha ha :)
I believe that where you live, people really are self absorbed assholes, but then again, you live in USA, and are surrounded with majority of "god fearing" christians. Which makes me wonder why does USA have one of the highest prison populations with least of Atheist %.

Your cult does a very bad job at scaring people into submission. Again, look at atheistic countries, and you'll see that most of the societal ill stats are lower than those with high religion %.

countries like Finland, Sweden, Norway, send tonns of aid to foreign countries with no church "requirements" attached.
Most churches on the other hand, donate stuff with the requirement of "joining the cult" or at lest you must go through the standard programming & indoctrination period.

We already have too many things dividing us. Nationality, languages, races, $$$, etc etc.
We dont need yet another very divisive and exclusive power to make getting along even more complicated.
Wait your not in america lol then you dont count
Im rather sure im getting trolled now since that argument was the last revamped with personal attacks added. Never answered the last part of my rant strangly

Old 02-26-2012, 02:27 PM
ro-man
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss128

Scorpion you win i give up run with it

Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
scorpion9
Offline:
Poster Rank:2014

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss147

Quote:
Wait your not in america lol then you dont count
Im rather sure im getting trolled now since that argument was the last revamped with personal attacks added. Never answered the last part of my rant strangly
there was nothing revamped nor were there any personal attacks. Everything i said was for a reason and in response to your post.

And your last part that i didnt answer was....?
I didnt see anything relevant except the 2 points i brought out and you ignored.

Anyways, im running with it now.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
ro-man
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss128

Have fun

The Following Users Disliked This Post By ro-man:
dankboosh
Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 AM
upsmanpa
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2858
I'm a guy

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss83

What about offending people that know there is a God and believe in Him? Don't they have rights also? She doesn't know her ear from her elbow and has little to zero real knowledge of anything except her cell phone and facebook. This country was founded on God's word. If you don't believe that, that's fine I don't tell people what to believe. Just because something is old does not mean it's not relevant or good and just something is new or socially accepted doesn't make it right.

The Following User Says Thank You to upsmanpa For This Useful Post:
ro-man
The Following 2 Users Disliked upsmanpa For This Post:
dankboosh, Zurria