Go Back  

Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #211  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
scorpion9's Avatar
scorpion9
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2014
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss147
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-man View Post
ok your point? Im not very heavy into god prayer or worship what bothers me is the democracy in america is in reverse. It was clear that most people in the community didn't have a problem with it. One person gets offended and we must change everything. Oh well welcome to america where minority rules over majority
Not only democracy in america is backwards, but most of america is backwards. Americans are known as legends in the fields of stupidity here. When i was a kid, i didnt understand why so many grownups said that americans are dumb...after all, there are so many famous schools there, and large high-tech corporations.

But now, when i know a bit more about USA, i see what they meant.

its like...80% of americans have joined an ancient cult, and believe 0th century 'science' over 21st century science.

In a modern world, science,reason, logic and knowledge are valued. In usa, if you are smart, and intelligent, you are made fun of. I cant wrap my head around it. How can a country be so backwards.

Then...when i watch fox news+O' riley or G.Beck shows, i get overwhelmed by torrent of stupidity.

E.g only in usa, a top tv show reporter can say "tides go in, tides go out. never a miscommunication. You dont know how it happens" :D

And ...whats even worse, is that cultists absorb all this stupidity and refuse to let go of it.

Only in usa, you have one jesus camp next to another. You have so many cult centers(disguised as churches), that if you converted them into homeless shelters, you could eliminate that problem forever.

Only in usa, giant mega cults can cash in hundreds of millions of dollars.....tax free, and claim to be 'followers of jesus', a guy who told his followers to give up all earthly belongings.

Only in usa can people let their children die because of simple and easily curable disease because their stupid parents prefer mumbling to the ceiling to real medicine.

Only in usa, people want theocracy and yearn to regress back into dark ages.

Only in usa, the board of education is full on uneducated semi-retarded drones who repeat mega cult' s orders to students.

Only in usa, can faith healers bring in super big $$$ at the expense of huge crowds of ignorant people.

and on and on and on it goes.

If i was an american, id be out protesting against this stupidity all the time.

Would you be comfortable having a 0th century people in your politics, having the power to declare wars?


And lastly, those who say that this school prayer was nothing..and she should have ignored it, then NO.

It means allot weather schools and governments promote cultism or not. I remember from my own childhood, how some people promoted their cult. I ignored them and didnt pay much attention to their preaching and claims...because even at 8yrs old, they seemed insane. However, when my school took part in some religious practices as 'mandatory' parts of curriculum, and our mayor made a speech in church, thats when the religious stuff gained significant amount of importance....after all, if mayors and schools think they have something smart to say, then they have to be true right?
Why else would schools and government institutes promote it?
Thats how my brain thought about it as a kid.

If only churches promote their stuff, and only muslims promote their stuff, etc etc, then its easy to see that they are separate and isolated from reality(which they are)


Just a few government promoted banners like this can and will make a difference for many people(towards bad)

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion9 For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, Vera Wang
  #212  
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Drusilla's Avatar
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:968
Yes
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by güttsfükk View Post
one of my school friends from the 90s went on a trip to china with his mother, the whole coach load of them all from hong kong were arrested and held imprisoned because some of the group were members of a group that practice falun gong. they were held for 3 months. happened about 10 years ago.
I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend-that's messed up!That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about-REAL religious persecution.I have a Chinese friend whose father was tortured repeatedly in jail because he ran a 'house church'.As the few 'legal' churches are heavily scrutinized and used as tools of propaganda for the state,most devout Chinese Christians prefer to gather in informal,non-denominational gatherings in private houses.He barely made it out alive and was only released due to a clerical error.Here in the West,a lot of what we call 'discrimination' is more to do with everybody learning some manners .

Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3071
Male.
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-man View Post
Man them white signs with red text sure are pushy I mean its like there no way to ignore them. I see your point
Yeah, you really get it don't you. Jackass. Why should she ignore it? It's 2012 we don't need antiquated prayers posted in government funded institutions. Did you read the op?

"A federal judge ruled this month that the prayer’s presence at Cranston High School West was unconstitutional, concluding that it violated the principle of government neutrality in religion."

Keep the outdated bullshit in the past, religion is for mental midgets that believe in fairy tales. Just because the majority believes something, does not make it true. In this country, if the majority believes something, it's usually wrong.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By dankboosh:
ro-man
  #214  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Spiffyfable's Avatar
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Hey at least she got her word across... not bad for a modern day teenager. Shame she may not fair well in the future living in a religious area and all.

Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 AM
ro-man's Avatar
ro-man
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2202
male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
Yeah, you really get it don't you. Jackass. Why should she ignore it? It's 2012 we don't need antiquated prayers posted in government funded institutions. Did you read the op?

"A federal judge ruled this month that the prayer’s presence at Cranston High School West was unconstitutional, concluding that it violated the principle of government neutrality in religion."

Keep the outdated bullshit in the past, religion is for mental midgets that believe in fairy tales. Just because the majority believes something, does not make it true. In this country, if the majority believes something, it's usually wrong.
hehe yep I am a jackass and thank you for reminding me what year it is. I wasnt sure since ive been slaughtering goats over an alter all day. You know us knuckle dragging morons cant figure out how to keep up with the date since the stars arent very accurate. You know your right I mean I have to ignore gay pride parades even tho they are dressed in a very very poor manner. Your right tho the majority is wrong always in this country. I mean dosent matter that in countries with no god they execute people who worship. Also dosent matter that its been shown in studies people with no religion tend to be more unruly. I suppose all of us morons should just move on and give up our stupid barbaric belifes and go with science despite the fact it has been used for things such as eugenics which led to the holocaust. Also millions of cruel experiments and the executions of handicapped people. You right I accept this new thing you call science and reasoning.

Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
giovanni0359
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:440
male
Join Date: Sep 2010
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1496
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by güttsfükk View Post
Well, I don`t believe in Santa Claus, but that doesn`t mean I`m going to file a lawsuit at Christmas time because there are decorations and pictures of Santa Clause. It`s frivolous, and this girl LOOKS like she a spoiled brat....people of her ilk are the reason checkers at stores can`t even say "Merry Christmas" anymore. I wonder if she crosses out "In God we Trust" on her money????

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to giovanni0359 For This Useful Post:
ro-man
  #217  
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
scorpion9's Avatar
scorpion9
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2014
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss147
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-man View Post
hehe yep I am a jackass and thank you for reminding me what year it is. I wasnt sure since ive been slaughtering goats over an alter all day. You know us knuckle dragging morons cant figure out how to keep up with the date since the stars arent very accurate. You know your right I mean I have to ignore gay pride parades even tho they are dressed in a very very poor manner. Your right tho the majority is wrong always in this country. I mean dosent matter that in countries with no god they execute people who worship. Also dosent matter that its been shown in studies people with no religion tend to be more unruly. I suppose all of us morons should just move on and give up our stupid barbaric belifes and go with science despite the fact it has been used for things such as eugenics which led to the holocaust. Also millions of cruel experiments and the executions of handicapped people. You right I accept this new thing you call science and reasoning.

For your information, religion correlates with societal ill in almost every aspect. The more religious the society, the more fucked up it is.

The least religious countries like the Scandinavian countries are the best places to live, with least crime, teen pregnancies, intolerance, abortions etc etc etc.

Get your facts straight.
A society where a person who needs to be told and threatened not to kill, can never be morally equal to an atheistic society where people are good for goodness sake.


And your silly attempt at equating atheism with ad-hitlerum is pointless. A child knows that second world war had nothing to do with atheism....and hitler wasn't an atheist. Its very likely that some of his hatred against the jews came straight from the bible pages.
And even if he would have been an atheist, it would mean nothing. Atheism would have as much to do with his killing spree as him being a vegetarian for example.

I would ask you this.
If biblical characters like moses had modern day technology, wouldnt they have eradicated and slaughtered every living thing on earth, except their own cult?


Lastly, your mocking statement that "we should go on with science" as if it was a bad thing, is funny.
You owe everything you have, including your life to science, and you dear to undermine it.
Without your flu shots, and vaccinations(which depend of evolutionary biology btw) you would probably been dead long ago.

Without modern tech, fertilizers and pesticides you would probably be stared to death....if you survived your birth that is.

Everything around you is science, so if you so arrogantly want to protest against it, then go ahead, but be prepared to give up all scientific benefits...so that you wouldn't look like a hypocrite.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion9 For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
  #218  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:37 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3071
Male.
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion9 View Post
For your information, religion correlates with societal ill in almost every aspect. The more religious the society, the more fucked up it is.

The least religious countries like the Scandinavian countries are the best places to live, with least crime, teen pregnancies, intolerance, abortions etc etc etc.

Get your facts straight.
A society where a person who needs to be told and threatened not to kill, can never be morally equal to an atheistic society where people are good for goodness sake.


And your silly attempt at equating atheism with ad-hitlerum is pointless. A child knows that second world war had nothing to do with atheism....and hitler wasn't an atheist. Its very likely that some of his hatred against the jews came straight from the bible pages.
And even if he would have been an atheist, it would mean nothing. Atheism would have as much to do with his killing spree as him being a vegetarian for example.

I would ask you this.
If biblical characters like moses had modern day technology, wouldnt they have eradicated and slaughtered every living thing on earth, except their own cult?


Lastly, your mocking statement that "we should go on with science" as if it was a bad thing, is funny.
You owe everything you have, including your life to science, and you dear to undermine it.
Without your flu shots, and vaccinations(which depend of evolutionary biology btw) you would probably been dead long ago.

Without modern tech, fertilizers and pesticides you would probably be stared to death....if you survived your birth that is.

Everything around you is science, so if you so arrogantly want to protest against it, then go ahead, but be prepared to give up all scientific benefits...so that you wouldn't look like a hypocrite.
Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 02-25-2012, 02:41 AM
ro-man's Avatar
ro-man
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2202
male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion9 View Post
For your information, religion correlates with societal ill in almost every aspect. The more religious the society, the more fucked up it is.

The least religious countries like the Scandinavian countries are the best places to live, with least crime, teen pregnancies, intolerance, abortions etc etc etc.

Get your facts straight.
A society where a person who needs to be told and threatened not to kill, can never be morally equal to an atheistic society where people are good for goodness sake.


And your silly attempt at equating atheism with ad-hitlerum is pointless. A child knows that second world war had nothing to do with atheism....and hitler wasn't an atheist. Its very likely that some of his hatred against the jews came straight from the bible pages.
And even if he would have been an atheist, it would mean nothing. Atheism would have as much to do with his killing spree as him being a vegetarian for example.

I would ask you this.
If biblical characters like moses had modern day technology, wouldnt they have eradicated and slaughtered every living thing on earth, except their own cult?


Lastly, your mocking statement that "we should go on with science" as if it was a bad thing, is funny.
You owe everything you have, including your life to science, and you dear to undermine it.
Without your flu shots, and vaccinations(which depend of evolutionary biology btw) you would probably been dead long ago.

Without modern tech, fertilizers and pesticides you would probably be stared to death....if you survived your birth that is.

Everything around you is science, so if you so arrogantly want to protest against it, then go ahead, but be prepared to give up all scientific benefits...so that you wouldn't look like a hypocrite.
Im very tired so im not even going into everything right now but no hitler didnt get his stuff from the bible look up more info on him and the occult and euginics. I wasnt railing aginst science I was saying you worship it like a religion. Im done with this by the way its boring and fighting with you all is a bad as fighting with someone with a diffrent religion.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By ro-man:
dankboosh
  #220  
Old 02-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Hvergelmir's Avatar
Hvergelmir
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:119
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 2
 
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8385
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

In other words:
"I lost the argument, so i'm going to say I'm too tired to argue anymore in a feeble attempt to save face."

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hvergelmir For This Useful Post:
dankboosh

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO