Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

AK and kanda, your points about not cussing or being mean during a debate are true, but no one was during this debate...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dankboosh For This Useful Post:
AK47pup, kanda444
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 AM
ro-man
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2201
male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss128

eh if it wasnt rammed in her face she should have left it alone. I am so tired of athiests they have become an anti religion they do everything that religiouse people do but think they are superior. This is confusing to me. I am a religious person but I dont talk about it. My relationship with my gad is between me and him. I do not belive in pushing it on people. If I obey this rule then the other side must as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ro-man For This Useful Post:
Sharon, Tefik
The Following Users Disliked This Post By ro-man:
dankboosh
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
kanda444

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
AK and kanda, your points about not cussing or being mean during a debate are true, but no one was during this debate...
correct. which is why i never accused anyone of it and was only commenting on how civil those involved were being when it usually isn't like that. i wasn't trying to say that those who were getting passionate in this paticular debate were out of line.... just that i enjoy how civil this disscussion was.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3068
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanda444 View Post
correct. which is why i never accused anyone of it and was only commenting on how civil those involved were being when it usually isn't like that. i wasn't trying to say that those who were getting passionate in this paticular debate were out of line.... just that i enjoy how civil this disscussion was.
Fantastic. Who'd have thought that one of the few civil religious debates would be on a gore site.

The Following User Says Thank You to dankboosh For This Useful Post:
kanda444
Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-man View Post
eh if it wasnt rammed in her face she should have left it alone. I am so tired of athiests they have become an anti religion they do everything that religiouse people do but think they are superior. This is confusing to me. I am a religious person but I dont talk about it. My relationship with my gad is between me and him. I do not belive in pushing it on people. If I obey this rule then the other side must as well.
She saw the prayer on the wall everyday, I think that counts as being rammed in her face.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Poster Rank:56
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16444

Ok. I am going to "preach" again.

Anyone that has even studied up on Christianity knows that we as humans have FREE WILL. God gave us the choice to believe how we want. He wants us all to follow him, but not even he is forcing it. He wants it to be our own individual choice. I think we all can agree that every human on this planet is different. No two people are alike. We all think and feel different. If we all were the same then there would be no reason for Heaven or Hell. We would all be robots, doing the same thing without the ability to think for ourselves. That was NOT the way how God intended it.

Now, I know some of you non believers are rolling your eyes and possibly cussing me right now, but the point I am trying to make is this girl is actually expressing her rights to free will. I may not agree with her views, but who am I as a person(who makes mistakes and far from perfect) to place judgement on her?

This may seem far fetched, and maybe it is, and maybe I am riding both sides of the fence but I honestly don't see the big issue about it.
I also wonder how many of those irrate religous people in the area where this happened stopped to pray for her or encourage her or even tried to understand her feelings on the matter, and did it in a LOVING way.

dankboosh, Tefik
Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

AK, if all christians were like you, I probably wouldn't have such a problem. Alas, you're not a typical christian, sadly.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

If I could offer another rebuttal... if god is all loving and offers us all free will, then answer me this. Why, according to the bible, if I live my life as a good person, never breaking the law, helping others and generally being a good person, I'll still go to hell for not accepting jesus as my savior?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Poster Rank:56
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16444

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
If I could offer another rebuttal... if god is all loving and offers us all free will, then answer me this. Why, according to the bible, if I live my life as a good person, never breaking the law, helping others and generally being a good person, I'll still go to hell for not accepting jesus as my savior?
The sin of man is what nailed Jesus to the cross. He was also the last sacrifice made to God. Because of his death Christians are saved through his blood he shed(according to the bible).
By accepting this and believing it then according to the scriptures you are saved.

It is also foretold in the early passages in the bible about the Messiah coming to earth in human form, and being sacrificed because of the evil deeds of man.

That is the best way I can explain it. All this can get rather complicated.

Tefik
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 AM
dankboosh
Offline:
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Whenever I'm debating religion with a religious person and I ask that question, the debate usually comes to a screeching halt. I can't wrap my head around the idea that someone that lives their lives as a good person but doesn't accept jesus as their savior goes to hell, while someone can live a life of sin, ask for forgiveness, say they love jesus, and they're in heaven. I've never gotten an acceptable answer to that one.