Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

This girl is NOT in the wrong. Religion has caused more deaths in history than anything or anyone else. Throughout history, it's been more of a cause of evil than good, by a large margin. Religious people can keep trying to hang on, but little by little it'll be eradicated from the mainstream. Prayers out of schools, commandments off of courtroom walls, one nation under god out of the pledge of allegiance, everything. It might take a while, but it will happen. And this girl is fighting the good fight.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Poster Rank:56
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16468

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
This girl is NOT in the wrong. Religion has caused more deaths in history than anything or anyone else. Throughout history, it's been more of a cause of evil than good, by a large margin. Religious people can keep trying to hang on, but little by little it'll be eradicated from the mainstream. Prayers out of schools, commandments off of courtroom walls, one nation under god out of the pledge of allegiance, everything. It might take a while, but it will happen. And this girl is fighting the good fight.
Religon hasn't caused death. Humanity has.
People may use religon as an excuse for evil things, but religon doesn't cause death.
Religous extremists are the problem.

Take the bombing of abortion clinics for example. I know many Christians including myself that is pro-life, but I don't know of any that thinks bombing a clinic is "God's Will."

People are all the time taking things out of context. From religous writings to posts on this forum even.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Tefik, Xfactor
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10967

[QUOTE=dankboosh;2701118]Religion has caused more deaths in history than anything or anyone else. QUOTE]

Anyone?

So people are not responsable for death?

daughterofthenight
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Deciusmaxentius
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5245

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Actually I already know all this. There is no such thing. It's not the law of the land. It's a perversion of the actual law. Or rather an inversion of the original law. Posting a prayer is not the state making a law to establish a religion. And pretending there is a valid law that outlaws students from posting a prayer on school grounds is actually illegally prohibiting the free exercise of religion. Prohibiting that free exercise of religion is actually wrong. I think all the students who disagree with the prohibition should begin to wear the prayer everywhere at the school until the little bitch has to close her eyes to keep from being offended.
Same back at you. However in my case I enjoy watching and reading the legal foolishness of the atheistic goofballs.
Obviously someone lacks reading comprehension skills. The bold sentence above is absurd. The prayer was from the bible; to post something on a public building that is denominational is against the law. People in the town tolerate it because they are unquestionably a Christian majority. To post something from the bible (or the Quran or the Bhagavad Gita or whatever) is endorsement. Government cannot endorse any religion over others. That sir, is what ensures religious freedom, not what takes it away. If laws are broken because a Christian majority tolerates it then only Christians receive equal treatment under the law. What's next? Do we start legislating against the use of contraceptives because the pope says so? It's apparently ok so long as everyone in that town is Roman Catholic. A message to theocratic fascists around the globe

The Following User Says Thank You to Deciusmaxentius For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
Old 02-14-2012, 02:41 AM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3071
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

[quote=Xfactor;2701989]
Quote:
Religion has caused more deaths in history than anything or anyone else. QUOTE]

Anyone?

So people are not responsable for death?
Okay, let me be super literal for you. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. Better? FFS.

I'd also like to point out that it's not just christianity I'm against, it's all religion. People don't need to be religious to be good people, to do good deeds. Religion is not needed anymore. All it does is stifle free thinking, science, and reasonable logic. I'm not saying all religious people are bad people, I'm saying the good religious people can be good without it. And if one wanted to truly live their life by the word of the bible, they'd have slaves, treat women like shit, rape, pillage, plunder, etc. Just go to evilbible.com and check out all the passages christians don't ever talk about. Like I said before, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!!

The Following Users Disliked This Post By dankboosh:
Tefik
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16468

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47pup View Post

People are all the time taking things out of context. From religous writings to posts on this forum even.

The Following User Says Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
Tefik
Old 02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3071
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

That would be having it both ways. Preach the good stuff, the bad stuff is taken out of context. Typical.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16468

Slavery in the bible, especially in the first century was ALOT different than early American slaves you read about. Roman slaves usually sold theirself in to slavery. They were usually well educated, and guides and tudors to the masters children.
The bible also states that Christian masters are to show their slaves(bond servant) respect.

There is also MANY passages in the bible CONDEMNING rape. God never promoted or approved of rape. There are many misinterpreted scriptures about female captives but the scripture never once mentions rape. As a matter of fact. In Deuteronomy, it advocates the death penalty for rapists.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16468

Quote:
That would be having it both ways. Preach the good stuff, the bad stuff is taken out of context. Typical.
I can already tell I am going to get way off topic by this. IF you are even interested in my biblical studies and rebuttals or certain things i will pm my thoughts on it.

I just dont want to derail the thread anymore than I have and I want this to be a respectable conversation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, Tefik
Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
kanda444

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

AK... you are such a genuinely nice person, even when you debate. i admire that.

that's all. sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, Tefik