Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16444
Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
Despite my wrong approach to this event, I agree 100% with you Pup. I think what angered me the most was the system's agreement to removing something over one complaint. I should have reacted more understanding all-round ) : I just get riled up so easy lately for many reasons. Pup, thanks for that post. You've made me 'step away from the cookie jar' and I want to just cry and hug everyone!!
I just don't get riled up about things anymore. It's not worth it. You can even see that in my posts from the last several months. Life changes. And it is way too short to argue over certain things.

The Following User Says Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
Sharon
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3068
Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterothenight View Post
every country has history books filled with the evil things that were once practiced there. we don't embrace what was done, we learn from it and move on.
What an absolutely ridiculous comparison. A history book and the freaking bible are not the same thing.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:42 AM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
What an absolutely ridiculous comparison. A history book and the freaking bible are not the same thing.
really? it's quite full of history. the Pentateuch is basically a history of the Israelites. of course there is a lot of other stuff in there. a little over 30% of the Bible is prophecy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
Sharon, Tefik
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 AM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3068
Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterothenight View Post
really? it's quite full of history. the Pentateuch is basically a history of the Israelites. of course there is a lot of other stuff in there. a little over 30% of the Bible is prophecy.
Just because history can be gleaned from the bible, doesn't make the bible a history book. That isn't it's intention... and I think you know that.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 AM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
Just because history can be gleaned from the bible, doesn't make the bible a history book. That isn't it's intention... and I think you know that.
i didn't say it was a history book, i only said that every country has history books filled with evil things that happened. the Bible is much the same. it's filled with lots of evil stuff that happened, it's part of the history. we can't change what happened, but we can learn from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
Tefik
Old 02-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss51377

The Bible is a collection of books collated into one. It features historical accounts, prophecy, songs, poetry, daily living and practices of the period, quite interesting! The ten commandments are what all fundamental laws today are built upon. Christians do not kill 'in God's name' as a way of life. I am aware of past religious wars but we do not do it as a martyrdom thing like extremist muslims. The bible does support the modern-day death penalty for murderers and the likes. We do not cut off thieve's hands, whip people, etc. All that harsh Old Testament way of living was denounced in the New Testament. The Old one reads barbaric at times but that was then and does not represent the now. Women are not 'unclean' when they're on their period and neither are men 'after an emmission of semen' That always made me laugh! But alas, we just keep going over the same old debate so I'll leave it be. The Bible is difficult to fully comprehend. Many metaphoric language, imagery, dreams. Can be surreal! It does feature Caesar in it which is interesting but I forget where.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Tefik
Old 02-12-2012, 06:20 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGrave View Post
The Canadian national anthem, just to verify
oh! I can pull that one off!

Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
Apple and oranges. O'Hair, her son, and granddaughter were murdered by an employee (who turned out to be a violent felon) and his accomplices for the sole purpose of robbing them. O'hair wasn't murdered because of her atheist viewpoints.
Well, O'Hair did blast the former employee in the newsletter after she let him go, and dug into his background and embarrassed him.
She was the most hated women in the US. Not exactly a good path for this girl to choose. O'Hair was in danger most of her adult life.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10961
Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
The Bible is a collection of books collated into one. It features historical accounts, prophecy, songs, poetry, daily living and practices of the period, quite interesting! The ten commandments are what all fundamental laws today are built upon. Christians do not kill 'in God's name' as a way of life. I am aware of past religious wars but we do not do it as a martyrdom thing like extremist muslims. The bible does support the modern-day death penalty for murderers and the likes. We do not cut off thieve's hands, whip people, etc. All that harsh Old Testament way of living was denounced in the New Testament. The Old one reads barbaric at times but that was then and does not represent the now. Women are not 'unclean' when they're on their period and neither are men 'after an emmission of semen' That always made me laugh! But alas, we just keep going over the same old debate so I'll leave it be. The Bible is difficult to fully comprehend. Many metaphoric language, imagery, dreams. Can be surreal! It does feature Caesar in it which is interesting but I forget where.
Respect thy neighbor as thyself and the 10 commandments doesn't need to be analyzed.

When people analyze something it becomes a philosophical debate. And at that point it becomes a war between minds. And when someone insults another person's mind the insult can make us forget what the discussion was about to begin with in the first place.

In the end I think there is no confusion. Only how we have affected others. And that is a tough question because no one ever asks you that. Most people don't think about it.

This girl is in the wrong.

daughterofthenight, Sharon
Old 02-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Feirefiz
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:536
Die Seynen nimmt der Herr im Schlafe!

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Well done, little girl!
She, who will seperate the US-government from the militaristic complex is still to come...

The Following User Says Thank You to Feirefiz For This Useful Post:
dankboosh