Poster Rank:7247

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss16
Everyones morals are screwed up...

Alright you uneducated fart boxes! I am going to put this out there where you can understand it. This country was founded on freedom of religion. By the religious forcing their views down the throats of those that dont want it or dont believe in it then you are doing exactly what you dont want done to you. As a Christian you should be accepting of the fact that people are different than you and you have no right to make laws that appeal to your own beliefs and judgements. I am going to come out and say the same thing right back to all you religious folk. Yes she could just look away if she wanted but it offended her. I have heard the quote, "If she doesnt like it then dont look at it." Well in that same state of mind if you dont like birth control then dont use it. If you dont like gay marriage then dont go to their wedding. If you dont like abortion then dont get one. Stop meddling in the affairs of other people that dont follow the same beliefs as you and they will leave you alone as well. And as far as "In God We Trust" is concerned. It has only been there since 1952 and that was added by religious groups voting on a biased agenda to put it there in the first place!
Thank you and goodnight!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nyberg1283 For This Useful Post:
Cumulonimbus, dankboosh, Sharon, Tefik
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857
Re: Atheist Teen Forces School to Remove Prayer from Wall After 49 Years

Slaves of god to the gallows

Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyberg1283 View Post
Alright you uneducated fart boxes! I am going to put this out there where you can understand it. This country was founded on freedom of religion. By the religious forcing their views down the throats of those that dont want it or dont believe in it then you are doing exactly what you dont want done to you. As a Christian you should be accepting of the fact that people are different than you and you have no right to make laws that appeal to your own beliefs and judgements. I am going to come out and say the same thing right back to all you religious folk. Yes she could just look away if she wanted but it offended her. I have heard the quote, "If she doesnt like it then dont look at it." Well in that same state of mind if you dont like birth control then dont use it. If you dont like gay marriage then dont go to their wedding. If you dont like abortion then dont get one. Stop meddling in the affairs of other people that dont follow the same beliefs as you and they will leave you alone as well. And as far as "In God We Trust" is concerned. It has only been there since 1952 and that was added by religious groups voting on a biased agenda to put it there in the first place!
Thank you and goodnight!
Uneducated fartboxes! Good one, even if I AM one

Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Poster Rank:56
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16444

I am more appalled by the Christians reaction than the athiest chick. I was always taught that Christianity is about ones PERSONAL relationship with God. Having a prayer displayed doesn't make that place more or less Christian.

Also, if those people that were so angry about the situation if they were so Christian then they would have approached it with a loving heart. Not with hatred which is obviously what was displayed. At least that is how I see it.

Pardon me for preaching.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
Cumulonimbus, daughterofthenight, Nyberg1283, Sharon, Tefik
Old 02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
AK47pup
Offline:
Laaaa Deee FREAKIN Da!
Poster Rank:56
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16444
Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
Uneducated fartboxes! Good one, even if I AM one
the fart box had me laughing so hard I couldnt read his whole post.

I think I want "uneducated fartbox" as my display title :D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK47pup For This Useful Post:
Nyberg1283, Sharon
Old 02-11-2012, 03:32 PM
dankboosh
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3070
Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
A lot of the Bible's 'bad bits' were events and long outlawed practices not practiced now.

Slavery has always gone on in all cultures and the slavery THEN is NOT practiced now.

Correct, it's not practiced now. But it's still in the book. Modern society sees these actions, the "bad bits" of the bible, as wrong and immoral. So they aren't practiced now. (Except murder, of course. But only in the name of the lord.) Even though the bible advocates these actions. So christians are basically cherry pickers of the bible.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By dankboosh:
Tefik
Old 02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Sparkle and Smut

Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47pup View Post
I am more appalled by the Christians reaction than the athiest chick. I was always taught that Christianity is about ones PERSONAL relationship with God. Having a prayer displayed doesn't make that place more or less Christian.

Also, if those people that were so angry about the situation if they were so Christian then they would have approached it with a loving heart. Not with hatred which is obviously what was displayed. At least that is how I see it.

Pardon me for preaching.
Despite my wrong approach to this event, I agree 100% with you Pup. I think what angered me the most was the system's agreement to removing something over one complaint. I should have reacted more understanding all-round ) : I just get riled up so easy lately for many reasons. Pup, thanks for that post. You've made me 'step away from the cookie jar' and I want to just cry and hug everyone!!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Sparkle and Smut

Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Pup, you ain't no fartbox

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
AK47pup
Old 02-11-2012, 06:35 PM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

Quote:
Just like she should have done...IGNORE it

And why post it in a public forum inviting comments if you want those in disagreement to keep our mouths shut

And there is NOTHING hypocritical about stating one person shouldn't win a cause over hundreds.

i think you misunderstand the meaning of the word hypocrisy, it's hypocritical to say someone should do something and not do it yourself.

everyone who is bitching and moaning that she should just look away if she doesnt like it, is being hypocritical by complaining and just not looking away themselves.

saying people should act a way and not act that way themselves. cant blame you for not understanding though, you're religious, and religion is based on hypocrisy

The Following User Says Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
Old 02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankboosh View Post
Correct, it's not practiced now. But it's still in the book. Modern society sees these actions, the "bad bits" of the bible, as wrong and immoral. So they aren't practiced now. (Except murder, of course. But only in the name of the lord.) Even though the bible advocates these actions. So christians are basically cherry pickers of the bible.
every country has history books filled with the evil things that were once practiced there. we don't embrace what was done, we learn from it and move on.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By daughterofthenight:
dankboosh